“love the new look” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
san mateo
“love the new look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

My family and I have stayed here on many occasions. I love that it is near everything. Also that its a nice and cozy motel. My kids like to stay here when we go to the train museum. Since the last time we stayed they changed the carpet, which is very nice, and remodeled here and there.Thanks to the managers for always being nice to me and my kids! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I recently stayed at this motel doing work in the area for my company. After a long days work I arrived at my room late looking forward to a good nights sleep. Once I was ready for bed I pulled back the covers of the bed and was appalled at what I found. It had looked at the person or persons that had used the room before me had used the bed sheets as toilet paper; and it definitely was what it looked like due to the smell. The stains were on both sides of the bed and not small enough to have been missed by the maid. I find it absolutely disgusting that this motel does not change the bedding in between customers. It was too late at night and I was too tired to contact the management so I slept on top of the comforter. I did inform the management in the morning before I left for work. The people at the front desk were very courteous and apologetic about the incident, but this should never happen at any lodging even the cheapest of ones.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
rgpanchal, Owner at Jamestown Railtown Motel, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thank you for informing us about this issue. Dirty sheets are unacceptable at any motel and we apologize for your inconvenience. We are in the middle of a few renovations and are doing our best to provide a pleasant stay. We will be replacing our housekeeping due to these issues. I again apologize and will make sure these types of situations do not occur again.

-The Owner
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Only stay in case of emergency! Let's start at the street, my car saw it and tried to steer away. Room was booked for me, so had no choice. Walked in and was greeted by nasty carpet, chairs, and desk, all were severely stained and the carpet was comming apart. The beds were low slung and very shabby, to be fair, they were about like an old motel 6 bed and surprisingly I did sleep pretty well. The refridgerator was missing the freezer door, and all our beer and stuff froze. The wifi was free, but it was also non-existant, couldn't get any signal at all, to make matters worse, our Sprint internet card or nextels didn't have coverage either. Room was pretty small, and not the best for two people. Now the good, the shower was pretty good and the lady seemed nice enough, and put some extra blankets in room without being asked. I would stay again if I had to, but not lookin forward to it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
rgpanchal, Owner at Jamestown Railtown Motel, responded to this review, March 20, 2011
We appreciate your review about our motel and would like to see you again. We were aware of these issues and have just finished installing new carpeting in all rooms along with new comforters. Other improvements will also come soon as funds provide. As for the wireless, we will look into it but this is a mountainous area where all internet and cell phone services are poor. We hope you consider our motel for a future stay.
Grass Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

My husband and I stayted at this hotel Thurs. Jan. 14th. The beds had been remade with the SAME sheets that were last used. The sinks had not been cleaned. Within minutes the house cleaner was called in and as she changed sheets she walked over the blankets which she tossed on the floor. Her excuse was that people always break in and sleep in the beds. Do they also remake the beds in soiled sheets? The manager seems to care more than the owner. Appalling service

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We couldn't make it to Yosemite and wanted to stay close at someplace affordable. We paid less than $80 for the room. We booked online, and I had to call several times to confirm that they got the reservation - they kept telling me to call back or to call someone else. (I suggested that they could take my number down and call me back, but they declined.) We called ahead to say we'd arrive late, and the woman said that we'd be getting her out of bed. We said sorry. When we did arrive, she was pretty sullen with us. The room was spartan. Artwork bolted to the walls; a sign telling you not to steal the towels. It said nonsmoking, but smelled faintly of smoke and there was a cigarette burn on the toilet seat. There was someone else's hair on the walls of the bathroom, and the towels were sandpapery. But the beds were firm and the room was quiet and dark. We slept well and got the heck out of there. The fellow who checked us out was much friendlier. We found a great place to eat breakfast nearby - the Willow Creek Cafe.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed here one night and were very pleased. Very homey, the gentleman that helped us was very interesting to talk to and our stay was pleasant. Location was great, room was just fine, staff helpful. I would recommend this place to others, great rate and personal service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

When we came in late cold night November 29 the room door was wide open and room was cold. The heater was very outdated - heated up the room fast, but then i had to turn it on and off a couple of times during the night - could not find the thermostat to control it. The toilet did not flush. the cover on one of the bed had hole burn from a sigarette. Otherwise clean room, frendly family service, that I would expect for rural motel for $65 a night.

• Disliked — price
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jamestown Railtown Motel? Share your experiences!