“1 step up from camping” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jacumba Hot Springs Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jacumba
Jacumba Hot Springs Hotel
You added Jacumba Hot Springs Hotel to your Saves list
44500 Old Highway 80, Jacumba, CA 91934   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jacumba
New York City, New York
“1 step up from camping”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

The woman who runs it is very very nice, but the place is really one step up from camping. It could be wonderful, and the gardens are nice. Dirty, Moldy, tiles missing on the floor.

The water was nice, but bugs everywhere and mold around the pools etc... I dont know how/if they clean the water?

But the bed was very hard and comfortable-

Also no open food to be found at dinner hour for 10 miles

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the spa for 2 days. We were celebrating our 24 anniversary. We had a great time. The staff from ownership to maids to resterant were all friendly and enthusiastic. Hanging out in the pool was the most relaxing time we've had in quite awhile.
The grounds are funky and beautiful. Lovely large pine trees surround the pool and the rooms are charming.
I do know some people who I wouldn't recomnd it to but thats because of thier demanding attitudes. If you're laid back and don't need constant stimulation this place is great.
I do wish they had more than wine and beer at the bar but thats a minor complaint.
The locals at the bar could not have made us feel more welcome. They were very friendly and knowledgable about the area.
We will absoluetly go back.

• Liked — The bar
  • Disliked — resterant being closed mon-tues
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Carlsbad, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

My husband and I live in Carlsbad, California and drove 1 1/2 hours to Jacumba Hot Sprngs Hotel to spend the day soaking up sun, basking in the warm waters and having a few drinks and a nice meal...reality check....we paid our $15.00 each walked in and were suprised at how rundown the place was. It is not well cared for. The pools were not clean and the outside pools temperature was cool to cold and mostly in the shade around 10:30 a.m. There were only a couple of odd wooden lounge chairs and people had a dog by the pool. There were some sort of odd swimming bugs in the pool. In the bar was an old man and two scroungy looking dogs. The room with the jaquzzi is so gross the bathroom has a plastic shower curtain for a door. It looked like something out of the movie Psycho but with less charm. We stayed for 15 minutes and were horrified and left. I am not a snob and I don't require 5 star service but this was truly just awful.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

My stay at Jacumba Hot Spring's Spa And Lodg'e was horrible. The're is a staff member. I ask'ed him nicely as i was sitting at the bar waiting for Brian to make my fav drink. "Ser can u take you're smokeing out side." An he Said, " You dont like it well [--] Leve. " He was relly rude and not easy to get along with. The meals were great. The room I stayed in the toilet ran all night. I was relly happy to see that the pool's were keep clean and fresh. But I wish that man treted me better. Because of him I dont think i'll ever be back.

Stayed May 2007
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

The place is an older slightly rundown desert motel in the middle of nowhere with a "manana" mentality, but we really enjoyed it. It was like going back to the 50's and stopping at an old place on route 66 with the bonus of the hot spring and pools. Definitely not a five star place, but the room was clean and comfortable and we thought a little bit fraying around the edges added to the atmosphere . The trip out along old highway 80 and 94 was great (DO NOT take the interstate) and put us in the mood for this funky spot. The restaurant was fine and the cantina seem to be a local hangout, but friendly and casual. I would recommend it to anyone who can be a bit flexible and who is looking for an unusual overnight trip.

Stayed June 2007
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

A must for a great massage and michelada. Brian makes the best michelada west of the 5 and Sue gives an awesome massage. Great food and staff. On Saturdays, the place fills up with quite an eclectic group of locals and touristes. Super friendly place !

Dawn and Kurt Dose

• Liked — food/bar
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

I just came back from the most relaxing hide away. Three days in the high desert sun shine and cool clear star filled nights (you can see the milkyway). The massage was top notch, the restuarant excellent and the mineral water pools dream like. The property has new owners and they are doing alot of work and really fixing it up. There are no phones in the rooms, my cell phone had no coverage and I was able to unplug and tune the world out. The manager "Alfred" is one of the funniest people I've ever meet and the owner "Sonya" bent over backwards to make us happy. I highly recommend this get away to anyone looking to escape the city and enjoy the sun, water, food, sky and just relax.

Been to Jacumba Hot Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!