“Nice Getaway, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Redding
“Nice Getaway, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

Was pleasantly surprised with the size of the king room and the nice warm fireplace. Everything was clean and comfortable. Requested an extra pillow which was made available within 1/2 hour. I sent hubby down to see if the desk had any mini lotion samples since I forgot mine. They were out of them, but the clerk sent him back with a small bottle that she had filled with her own lotion! Having the complimentary buffet right next door and historic downtown Jackson within 2 blocks, was very convenient. We were centrally located for several day trips. The locals are full of great gold country information. For an awesome dinner go to Teresas' Authentic Italian restaurant!

• Liked — Fireplace
  • Disliked — Room could be darker.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

This was our second stay at Best Western Amador Inn. As we come to visit my elderly Aunt in nearby Sutter Creek and as my husband and I love to visit the local wineries and sometimes check out the casino, the Amador Inn is a our first choice of the many in the Jackson area. The price is very affordable and now they are making lots of changes to the property and staff. The rooms are large, some with kitchens and fireplaces. The pool is open year round and they have a spa. They recently added a free hot breakfast at Dennys and while we were there they had work crews putting upgrading the rooms. I particulary like the front desk staff. They are very helpful and show concern and caring. Although they have free wi-fi, I forgot my lap top so the front desk offered to let me use the lobby computer. And the clerk brought me a cup of coffee for free! Its nice to receive good old fashioned hospitality, a clean and large room at a great price!

• Liked — Friendly staff and large rooms
  • Disliked — My favorite room was not available
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Burbank Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

This was my third stay at the Best Western and it keeps getting better and better. I like the fact there is a Denny's adjacent to the hotel. With all the work I have it is nice not have to travel far for a meal. Also the Front Desk staff is very friendly. They know what I like and make sure that each time I check in I get what I ask for. The rooms are well appointed. Some rooms have kitchenette this is nice change, when I bring my wife and kids we can cook and stay indoors and have some family time.

I travel more than ½ the year and this is one of my favorite hotels to stay in. I would highly recommend this Best Western to anyone traveling to Jackson.

• Liked — The rooms and attentive Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Antioch, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

My husband and I were seeing a concert at the Jackson Rancheria and I booked us a room at the Amador Best Western in town. The hotel was very easy to find, which was important because we weren't from around the area and it was pouring rain. When we walked into the lobby, we were greeted not only by a friendly girl at the front desk but a lovely fire and cozy room arrangement. Upon checking in I had noticed a special rate promotion that the hotel was offering. When I asked the clerk , she was more than happy to adjust our rate. The room was beautiful. Cherry wood furniture, nice lighting and a spotless room awaited us. The King size bed was huge with big, fluffy pillows. There was a problem with the cable but one call to the front desk remedied it. The girl tried to help me over the phone but when it still wasn't right she called in a maintenance man who was off the clock to help...and he came right up. We were a very short walk to downtown historic Jackson. We wandered along the main street and met some wonderful people in the historic National Hotel. Very old with alot of history! There was also a local cab service that took us to and from the casino. The Amador Best Western was the best part of the trip! We'll definitely be back!

Stayed January 2008
Glendora, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Stopped in after a long drive. Outside of the hotel looks fine-HOWEVER-the smell of smoke (years and years of it) in the lobby plus the commerical spray can of "SMOKE AWAY" sitting on the lobby check in desk-as part of the normal sign in scene should be a big clue of what is ahead of your stay. Your "non smoking" room (Area C) will reek from hallway to bedding pillows. The hotel staff will offer the "spray the room" (Hey-they have the can of stuff right on the front desk-handy dandy-Boy Scout ready for ya) The bathroom towels-even reeked of second hand smoke from years of being in a "smoke free" area.

As a special bonus do NOT look at the carpets IF you have health standard above coke and goodiness only knows stains. BTW, I checked out of the room-in one hour.

Go down the street to the Travel Inn Express. It is clean-lower price and free breakfast.

I wish I could find something nice about the BW, but -er-I believe I have been as nice as possible. Its just sad-sad-sad.

But, hey-if you smoke-and you don't mind sticky carpets-You just found the place in Jackson.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Questionable health code practices-Smoking in lobby allowed?
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

The $80/night price would have been okay IF: 1) the clerk at check-in would not have been so completely bored and indifferent; 2) the swimming pool had been open (it was the end of a hot day, and I was really looking forward to a swim) (the aforementioned clerk didn't know why it was closed...it just was); 3) the exercise room had been open (no evidence why it was closed...it just was); and 4) the housekeepers wouldn't have wakened me at 7:30 am by carrying on a shouting, gossipy conversation from opposite ends of the hallway.

• Liked — Its location
  • Disliked — Lack of advertised amenities; indifferent staff.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Waldport, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

We have been staying at BW's for our whole trip through the
Southwest. I booked our stay at this BW through the Toll free number provided by BW because I could not get through to the regular number for the INN. That should have been the tip off. The person I booked with at the toll free number assured me the inn had a pool and had just been renovated. Well, it is in the process of being renovated. The personnel that are doing the renovation are staying in the wing they are renovating and are having a good old party at the bottom of the staircase right outside my room. The profanity is flying and I am really disappointed.

• Liked — It's clean
  • Disliked — It is under renovation and we were not told
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Amador Inn? Share your experiences!