“Short Stays.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jackson
Placerville, United States
“Short Stays.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Myself and my wife spend single nights, we go to the Casino that is very close to the Best Western in Placerville. Best Western is a very clean and well staffed Hotel and the Breakfast is very good, quick and easy. There has been times that we had problem with the price of the stay. At one time we reserved the last available room, and the price was about $ 90. dollars more because it was the last room. That did not seem far. Oh well life goes on. Thank You

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nicolaus, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The staff is always very attentive and helpful with our group. We have enjoyed the pool, rooms, bar in the past few years and everyone is always ready for the next trip to Jackson. We love the area for motorcycle riding and the quaint towns in the area. I know that I can't wait to return next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My cousins and I recently booked a stay from Monday till Wednesday. It was quite pricey but not knowing the hotel we booked it on line. When we arrived, the desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. She did everything she could possibly do to accommodate us. The hotel is old and needs to be renovated. Carpet was dirty. The pool wasn't great but it was o.k. The day we arrived I went to the pool and it needed to be cleaned. Lots of leaves and debris. The second day I went they had a maintenance man in and out. Adding chemicals which meant I had to wait each time. Usually 45 minutes each time. The pool doesn't open till 10 am and closes at 10 pm. I was ready to sun before 9 am. So if you are going to go to Jackson or surrounding area I would check out the other hotels. Nothing negative to say about the desk clerks or the maintenance crew.

Room Tip: We got a pool view room. The rooms on the bottom are all non-smoking but some have been converted to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Palo Cedro, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed one night and might stay there again. They were having plumbing problems and we had no hot water in the morning. The beds were great, the air conditioner worked, and the room was clean and those three are important to me. It is an older hotel and could use some sprucing up, Eight of us stayed there, walked to and ate at Denny's (yes, Denny's) and all of us had a great meal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

reno, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My 2nd night of stay....It looked like the room was only 1/2 cleaned, bed was not made, and all of the towels were taken away. I did not realize this until I stepped out of the shower, and realized there were no towels in the room. I dried off with a wash cloth. Went to the front counter, and all they had were two hand towels. So all in all this was not a good experience! At checkout I asked if I could apply my stay to the rewards program. I did not realize there was a rewards program until the third night of my stay. I was only honored the points for the third day, as this is when I signed up. I think a reputable corporation should honor the points for my entire stay. Also because I had to deal with the NO TOWEL SITUATION. That would be a fair trade.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Delano, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I hesitated to stay at this hotel after reading negative reviews, but there were so many positive that I took a chance. ( I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and felt I would ask for another room if that was an issue.) Because there was a problem with the the cable TV we were moved to another room. Both rooms were clean and clean smelling and in good repair.

I was impressed with the cordiality and helpfulness of the staff. And the breakfast was as usual, and with an abundance of nice fruit.

The location of the hotel was very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Broken items in room, bath door would not close properly. Non-smoking room was full of smoke odor. Hallways full of smoke, until the management decided to turn on exhaust system. No information on breakfast was given. The people in the room next to us, exactly the same, paid less that we did,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Amador Inn? Share your experiences!