“Beautiful dog-friendly patio and classic diner food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 43 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Jackson, California
“Beautiful dog-friendly patio and classic diner food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We’ve been coming to Mel & Faye’s for 30 years, stopping after skiing at Kirkwood for classic diner food of Moo Burgers, fries and awesome shakes. There is nothing like it after a day on the slopes and a perfect stopping point for the many heading back to the Bay Area. Since we bought our vacation home in Jackson, we’ve been enjoying Mel & Faye’s during the spring/summer/fall too. We love the new location with its beautiful covered patio and plentiful parking (the biggest problem with the original location).

We prefer to order from the outside take-out window and sit on the patio, and we’ve never had a wait nor crowds outside (tip for those who noted this very popular place is sometimes crowded inside). And best of all, Mel & Faye’s is dog-friendly on the patio! Our Labs love getting a bit of Moo Burger and give it 4 paws up as well. We applaud Mel & Faye’s and other dog-friendly businesses that are making Amador County a great place for people traveling with 4-footed family members!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South Carolina
“Good Food and Plenty of It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great stop on a cross country roadtrip. Friendly, fast and good are all words to descibe our evening stop at Mel's Diner. Stopped on a reccomendation, we had a group of 6 and all the food was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Galt, California
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff is amazing, no chaos when busy, and all staff keep busy cleaning, filling, and stocking when slower. They know many of their customers by name and always seem happy to be doing their job. The food is top-notch, I think the soups are home made, as are other items from the menu and specials. I had the Quarterback Sneak. It was excellent,there was so much I could not finish. My wife had the Miner Omelet she said it was wonderful. The kids had the short stack, waffles and french toast. They licked there plates clean. I love taking the family here. It is one of my go-to places for a bite with the family.

Ione, California
“Excellent food and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I ate here twice last weekend. The first time was at an event in the banquet hall. Formal occasion was well handled. It was organized, the service was speedy and friendly and my prime rib was excellently cooked. The cash bar in the corner was well staffed and stocked, providing quick service and cheap, well made drinks.

While I was waiting for it to start I took my chances on the bar. I ordered my favorite but complicated raspberry martini with sugar on the rim. I'm used to being told by bartenders that they don't have all the ingredients or don't know how to make it, but surprisingly enough, she knew what it was and served it up quickly! It was excellent and 1/3 of the price I'm used to! (normally $15, was only $5!). She recommended a raspberry lemon drop next which was even better than my own recipe.

I nearly didn't get a seat in the bar on a Thursday night, which surprised me, but maybe there was a game on.

We had lunch here the following Sunday. I had the steak sandwich, which is an actual ribeye, whole, on a French roll with fries. My rib eye was cooked exceptionally perfect. I ordered medium rare and it was juicy, tender and flavorful. I saved half of my meal and had lunch the next day! My friend had the sourdough burger which was tasty, but smaller than we expected. Both meals and two soft drinks was under $20.

Mokelumne Hill, California
“Must go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Everything is good here! Flavorful sandwiches, delightful burgers, great shakes. I love there turkey sandwiches

• Visited April 2013