Despite the fact that a snowstorm closed the highway the night before and filled the Hotel to capacity, our room was ready to go by the suggested check in. On a normal day the Hotel could have checked us in early. Initially checked into room 102, which i recommend you request NOT having as it backs up to laundry room and the dryers beep every 300 seconds until 5pm. We were promptly moved to another room within minutes of making request to move. Our final room was MORE than comfortable and clean. Housekeeping was nice and pleasant and did an excellent job. In fact the shower was better than the one I have at home. Our room was appointed with a microwave and minifridge. TV remote batteries actually worked too ! Huge clock radio worked and was very easy to read and operate. Parking was ample and they have a luggage cart to borrow if you are like me and travel with tons of gear.
The only thing I can think of fixing in the room would be the lighting in the door area to see oneself better in the full length mirror, but since I dont stare at myself much it wasn't too big a deal.
Express Breakfast could use some help. Eggs were microwaved and tasted sorta.. I dunno what. Cinnamon rolls were cold but all the food was there, restocked and ready to eat even at 9:45am.
So all in all we slept really good and comfortable and ate "ok" enough to get by til lunch. Oh the internet was hit and miss... kept kicking us off
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Stay Smart" with Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Jackson, California! Escape to historic Jackson, California on the Scenic Highway 49, which leads you to the many wonders of the Gold Country. Visit multiple quant towns with an abundance of antique and specialty shops here in the Mother Lode. Mokelumne River is just minutes down the highway and wishes to help you create some magical memories while relaxing or living-it-up next to the water. Families and people of all ages will be enticed by the beauty that engulfs Amador County. For you fish lovers, we have a few lakes that are sure to "catch" your attention! Open tournaments for fishing happen yearly at Lake Pardee and Camanche Lake is fun to take a swim in or even to break some waves on your jet skis! Golfers tend to love the fact that there are two golf courses in our area including Mace Meadows Golf Course being minutes up Highway 88. There are tournaments, fun events and great people and food! All located within 20 - 30 minutes from our hotel, you'll find wineries in stretches of Plymouth and the Shenandoah Valley with rows of cascading vineyards for miles to see. Snuggled nicely in the winery area is the Amador Flower Farm which features vibrant flowers, plants and staff!A pumpkin patch excites many in the Fall as well! For those who love the snow, located an hour drive up Highway 88 is Kirkwood Ski Resort. We sell discounted Ski Lift Tickets for Adults, Teens and Children during the current season of the year! (Check out our Ski and Stay Package on our website during Ski Season.) Chaw'se Indian Grinding Rock State Park in Pine Grove, up Highway 88, is great for a solo retreat and a pleasure for couples or even families. They are also ADA compliant. A few miles down the road from this beautiful park, you'll find the just-big-enough town of Volcano, which has wonderful features including an outdoor amphitheater and cavern tours at Black Chasm. You can fill a photo album with fantastic captures of Daffodil bulbs from the 1800's that peak out each year at Daffodil Hill, just a few minutes' drive from Volcano. This outstanding family-owned (and still occupying the property daily as a residence) ranch and farm, opens their gates for a couple weeks in the Spring to the public and is a MUST-SEE of Amador County. Try your luck at the Jackson Rancheria Indian Casino, just 5 miles from here. Entertainment and good food awaits. To sum it up, we are just three hours from the gate of Yosemite and two hours from South Lake Tahoe and Heavenly Valley Ski Resort! We look forward to your visit to the Holiday Inn Express in Jackson, California! Cya soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Jackson
- Holiday Inn Jackson
- Holiday Inn Express Jackson
- Jackson Holiday Inn