“Hard to find in the cloud of smoke outside” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
California
“Hard to find in the cloud of smoke outside”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I thought I would try this place again, got out of the car and was disgusted by the stink of smoke coming from the customers standing in front of the main door. When I got inside I found that the stink had killed my desire to eat here, so turned around and left.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jackson, California
“Great italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Strings has always been another one of our family favorites. We go there often because everyday they have a different "type" of night. For example, My favorite is Thursday nights which is Chicken Parmesan for only $8. That includes the salad or soup. There house dressing for the salads is one of the best Italian dressings i have had. There soup has good size veggies that make it tastier. One of my other favorite dishes is the steak. The cooks do a fantastic job cooking the meat to perfection. I would give Strings a better rating if i could. The staff there are all happy and very nice. The host is always going around helping the servers has well as doing his/her own work as well. The owner, Sharon, is one of my favorite people to see and talk to whenever we go. She will answer any questions you may have. Also if you fill out the "free stuff" paper you get with your tab you get on her e-mail list and she is always mailing out coupons to use.
Just an all over excellent place to go to if your ever in amador county!

Visited August 2012
“Wine and dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful amtmospere and great service!!! Me and my wife just went there Tuesday for our one year anniversary and my wife got the Milano dish and i got the steak. The server then told us about 1/2 off on a bottle of any wine. We got a Stevenot reserve chardonnay. To celebrate our anniversary we even got a free cheese cake!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Food poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am a local and the last two times I have eaten here I have been sick-once in December of 2011 and again in March 2012. I do not know what the problem is-the only common item among both visits is the salad-which is actually very good. I also ate other vegetables both times. I had different entrees each time. In December, I became ill before we left. The second time there was about a one hour gap between eating and becoming ill. There is no question in my mind that the problem was the food at this restaurant. This has not/does not happen anywhere else.

Visited May 2012
JacksonStrings, Owner at Strings Italian Cafe, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I am the owner of Strings Italian Cafe in Jackson. I sent a message to this person via trip advisor and have not had a response yet. That was over a month ago. We serve over 200 patrons per day and NO ONE else has ever complained regarding this issue. I called the local health department and inspector to see if anyone had reported any type of food poisoning and he told me no never. I am suspicious of this review, perhaps they have the wrong place. I encourage anyone to give us a call personally. I received a call from a woman around this same time that could not tell me a table number, the night they were here or even the entree ordered. When she called she was very vague. I invite Morfun to give me a call. Our restaurant is the cleanest restaurant around. I invite anyone that would like to tour our kitchen and facility behind the scene to do so. We are very proud of the extra care and genuine love for the food we serve.
Jackson, California
“good place for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

the pasta dishes are great. they do serve some steamed veggis with several of the entrees, and they are way overcooked

Visited April 2012