“Fantastic Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport

You added Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17941 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614 (Formerly Crowne Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I can not say enough good things about this hotel! Let's start with check-in. I was greeted by Jon the Front Office Manager. He was all smiles, checked us into our room in no time, and was just very, very pleasant. The other front desk employee was pleasant and smiling.

We stayed in their Executive Studio Suite. The room was gorgeous with great views. It was immaculately clean, very well appointed, luxury finishes, very quiet, and an overall relaxing feel. The beds are nothing short of heaven. I did not use the sofa bed, but did sit on the sofa to read and it was very comfortable. There was also a comfy chair and ottoman. The desk area was very spacious. I was in Irvine for business, so having a really generous work are was perfect. The desk chair was ergonomically designed. The robes in the robe were a very nice touch. The executive floor offers evening snacks and breakfast that is delicious. It is key card access only which is great.

The pool area was clean and the pool was great! Nice to swim after a long day of work. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and the food is equally good. We did not use it, but the property offers valet for a reasonable rate for a hotel of this quality.

I would certainly recommend this hotel. A perfect 10 whether you are here for business or want a romantic getaway. Oh, Disney is just 15 minutes away and the John Wayne Airport is a 4 minute drive or their is a shuttle.

Room Tip: Any room here is a great, but I really loved the Executive Floor. It was well worth the rate and th...
Green Features: I was really happy to stay at a green hotel. This property is chic, stylish and all around gorgeous.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Stachia B,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! Your detailed feedback is very much appreciated! I would also like to thank you for calling out the excellent service you received from Jon. I will be sure to share your review with him and the rest of my team. I hope your travels bring you back our way soon and that we have the opportunity to provide you with another fantastic stay!

Justin Gammon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Irvine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Ice machine on 9th floor inop during all 16 days of our visit. Ice available other floors, but slow elevators.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Vernon H,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. I am very sorry for the inconvenience we caused you due to the faulty ice machine. I am happy to inform you that the machine has finally been fixed. We are also ion the process of replacing our older units in order to improve our guest’s experience. I realize it is too late for your stay, but I wanted you to know we have addressed the issue. I hope this provides you with the confidence to return to our hotel in the future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a wonderful weekend stay over the 4th of the July holiday. The staff was very kind and courteous and made me feel very welcome. Great rooms and great overall hotel condition. I would recommend staying here for business or pleasure as it is a easy location to the airport or a quick ride to Newport Beach or Costa Mesa for good food and shopping. Staff went above and beyond to take care of me and my guests.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great location. Very quiet rooms and all locations have good airport and city views...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kassie H,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! I am so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your holiday with us. I hope you travels bring you back our way again real soon and that you allow us the opportunity to provide you with another wonderful experience!

San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were upgraded to a suite and had a wonderful city view - windows all around.

Very bright and roomy! Newly remodeled rooms, with a mini fridge and microwave. Great for families.

Also, conveniently located near shopping, restaurants, and very close to the airport as well.

Staff was very friendly and attentive.

We will definitely be back to visit soon! :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rosanne0406,

Thank you for the wonderful 50-star review! Your kind comments about the hotel, the staff, and the amenities are greatly appreciated. I am excited to hear that you plan to return to our hotel We look forward to providing you with another great stay.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I always try to find a Hilton wherever I go and was dismayed to find out that I had to stay at the Wyndham - particularly when I found out that the Wyndham is part of the Super 8 chain! Needless to say, I enjoyed my stay. I was able to check in very early and enjoy the fitness center during a quiet time. The room was updated and I loved the large countertop in the bathroom. The staff were very helpful and the location was ideal for my business trip and the proximity to the airport. I may pass over the Hilton again when I travel to this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear CMarvinGallo,

Thank you for the great feedback! I am so happy to hear that you gave us a shot and that you were pleased with your stay. I know I’d put our hotel up against Hilton any day of the week and it’s great to hear from a Hilton fan that we give them a run for their money. I hope your travels bring you back our way soon and that you do decide to stay with Wyndham Irvine again.

Irvine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Look and feel outdated. Like high school gym.
Chlorine too strong, my wife and daughter couldn't breathe. When staff was pouring chlorine into the pool he said "that's just how we do it".
everything else was nice about your hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Brian S,

Thank you for your review and for bringing the situation with the pool to my attention. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I am looking into this situation as we should not be adding chlorine to the pool since we switched to a saline pool a few months ago. I hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again in the future as we truly do appreciate your business.

Justin Gammon

Been to Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!