“Indoor pool not good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport

You added Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport to your Saves list
Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17941 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614 (Formerly Crowne Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine
“Indoor pool not good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Look and feel outdated. Like high school gym.
Chlorine too strong, my wife and daughter couldn't breathe. When staff was pouring chlorine into the pool he said "that's just how we do it".
everything else was nice about your hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Brian S,

Thank you for your review and for bringing the situation with the pool to my attention. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I am looking into this situation as we should not be adding chlorine to the pool since we switched to a saline pool a few months ago. I hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again in the future as we truly do appreciate your business.

Justin Gammon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Antelope, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is amazing:clean,modern,close to the beach,Newport Beach.The. staff very friendly.The location is just perfect:not busy,clean,quiet.Even if is close to the freeway we didn't hear any noise.The bed was very comfortable!!!We love this hotel and will be back for sure!!!Pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2014
Dear EmeliaGlavan,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! Your kind comments about the hotel, the staff, and the location are very much appreciated. I’m happy to hear that you plan to return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Indio, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This has been a horrible way to start my holiday weekend. We have stayed here when it was known as the Crowne Plaza and it was excellent. So I was surprised that this time I was greeted by the valet man by him waiving a valet ticket in the air signaling if I was going to valet or not. I nodded as I wanted to valet my car. He then began to walk towards my door and stand there. He stood there waiting for me to get out, he not open my door for me. Then I asked a family member to get a luggage cart so we could get the luggage out of the car. The valet man just continued to stand there next to my door. Not offering to retrieve the cart. We got the cart and I began to take our bags out as he continued to stand there and watch me pack this cart with these big heavy bags. At this point I was amazed at how rude and unprofessional he was, as I had just read very nice reviews on hotel. When I finished he just got in my car and drove off. Not offering to help with the bags, once again. While this was going on, my mother was checking in. The Desk Clerk told her that we got a room with 1 King sized bed. We reserved a room for 3 adults! My mom asked if there was a couch in the room because there was no way all 3 of us were going to sleep in 1 bed because it is me, my boyfriend, and my mother. NOT APPROPRIATE. He said there was no couches, but there is a chair. There were no other rooms available so it looks like we had to deal. Once we got to our room and unpacked our bags, we noticed the chair was very small and there was no way an adult could sleep on it. Due to the fact this is a holiday weekend, there are no other hotels with vacancies, so it looks like we are stuck here. The only plus was the free wifi so I could write this review.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WyndhamIrvine, General Manager at Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Ashley B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry about the issues you experienced while staying with us. The situation with the valet staff is unacceptable and we have addressed this with the manager and the entire team. We have reminded them all of our expectations and I am confident that this issue will not repeat itself. I am also sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your room type needs. Though we would love to meet every guest’s requests, we are often limited to what is available at the time the guest is arriving. Should you decide to stay with us again, please contact me directly and I will ensure that the appropriate room type is set aside for you.

Justin Gammon

Been to Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!