This was my second stay at this hotel. Service has always been very good and the front desk is rapid and efficient.
The hotel *looks* like an upscale hotel - high rise, nice marble floors in the lobby, valet parking, restaurant, etc. But the rooms are more like a more moderate hotel.
The beds and pillows are top notch and very comfortable.
Most floors still have Tube TVs. On this stay I was given a room but when I got to the room it reeked of something foul. I returned to the lobby and they gave me a room on a much higher floor, this time with a flat screen TV. Yet the TV picture was dim, and of course they take away the actual vendor remote and you get a hotel remote without any ability to modify things like the brightness control. The image was still low-def even though the TV was high-def. And of course you start in an obnoxious menu where they want you to buy games or movies - you have to choose "Exit to TV" every time you turn on the TV to get to some normal channels.
The rooms are very clean (other than the odor mentioned previously). The second room was nice but had the towel shelf with one of the brackets coming off the wall, so it was bending under the strain of the towels.
There are no microwaves or fridges in the rooms. There is no free breakfast provided.
I understand why hotels put in CFL lighting to save electricity. But why can't they put in enough wattage to give enough light? The bathroom was not so bad, but the room itself is dim even with all lights on.
The gym is a neat loft above the nice indoor pool and spa, but that makes the air humid and once you work out a big, you sweat due to the humidity.
Parking is $15 for self park, $20 for valet.
This is generally a decent, clean hotel with good service. But if you pay their rates and then add parking, it's not such a bargain. It's ok. You could do worse, you could do better.
Perhaps with the recent change of ownership to Wyndham, there may be some improvements to bring a decent hotel up to very good.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Irvine - Orange County Airport Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Irvine - Orange County Airport Hotel Irvine
- Crowne Plaza Irvine
- Irvine Crowne Plaza
- Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Orange County California and a short drive from the John Wayne Airport, the Wyndham Irvine - Orange County Airport hotel is an ideal destination for business and leisure travelers alike. Guests in town for business will enjoy the hotel’s close proximity to several local corporate headquarters, while those getting away from it all are sure to enjoy the abundance of local beaches, shopping and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.