“Best Prime Rib” 5 of 5 stars

949-833-8411
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulliver's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 538 Restaurants in Irvine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Toluca Lake, California, United States
“Best Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hands down the best Prime Rib in So Cal and that includes Lawrys! This is a fantastic restaurant with a warm and friendly staff that is only secondary to the amazing food. From the prime rib to the lamp chops and the mouth watering creamed corn this will be one of the best meals you have had in a long time. This is a must on any trip we take to the Newport/irvine area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Had a terrible experience, ok food and noisy atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner reservations this past Monday at 5:00pm and had a terrible experience. We finally got seated at our table and couldn't help but hearing these two waitresses chatting with one other. My wife and I had to talk over their noise level so we can hear each other. As we were walking out of the restaurant I noticed my wife had a brown stain on the back of her pants. We didn't think much of it and said it might have been from the booth I was sitting on. When we got home I also noticed I had stains on my pants as well. My wife tried cleaning both of our pants and the stain wouldn't come out. So I decided to call on Wedsnesday around 2:00pm and explained the situation to the manager on duty. He said he was going to assume what I was telling him is true and have me go take the pants to the dry cleaners and he would reimburse me for it. Overall this was the worst experience I have ever had and I'm very disappoint with how everything was handled. I'm a reoccurring customer and I hope this reaches to management because this is not good customer service.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Moreno Valley, California
“Best Prime Rib I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My mother told me about this place when she heard we were going to be in Irvine for the weekend. She and her parents, my grandparents used to visit this restaurant years ago when they lived closer. I knew what to expect from the menu because I always do my online homework before I go, so I ordered as soon as I arrived. I went straight for the big cut of prime rib and I must say I was a little embarrassed and intimidated when my plate arrived. Needless to say I gave it my all and came home with a to go bag. Everything was delicious. I never knew you could cut a two inch think cut of beef with a fork. I almost forgot. Man up and get the straight up horse radish. It hurt so good. Also the apple bread pudding was awesome. The next time I'm in town guess where I will be going.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Did the trick for dinner, but a bit pretentious and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I think this restaurant is trying to be one of those English-manor-18th-century-dining type of places, but it comes across to me as more pretentious than authentic. My impression was that this would be a good place to impress a group with a banquet in an unusual setting, but not to take a family for a Sunday meal. In any case, the food was good, though more expensive than the ambience and service justified.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach
“"Lovely time"......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I had never been there, it was a "living social" deal got us there. Our reservation for 7pm on a Friday evening was easily attained that afternoon, we arrived a bit early and were accomodated imediately. The restaurant has an old English tavern atmosphere about it....dark woods, lighting.....very old school. As the evening went on they got quite busy....the waitress had a "Saint Polly Girl" look about her in a low cut English bar maiden dress. Melisa was very friendly and knowlegable answering all inquiries well. We ordered a bottle of red wine, my wife ordered an entre salad, and I the prime rib, so as to not over indulge.....everything was well presented and delicious in taste. The entres come with thier signature creamed corn (incredible) and creamed shinach with "yorkshire pudding" (first time having that). Everything that night was wonderful....it was a great experience and we will try to return again.

• Visited July 2013