“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Irvine
Mill Valley, United States
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for a quick business meeting. The staff was courteous and efficient which helped with my late check-in. The room was better than expected and I was able to get a short rest before my meeting the next day. I spent a total of 8 hours at the hotel including breakfast the next morning. I would strongly recommend this hotel to other business travelers.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I seldom write reviews but found the need to after my stay here. From the start, location is great, the parking was simple, close by and secure. As I entered the lobby doors I was greeted by friendly staff members and checked in immediately. My room was clean, large and had all the amenities needed. I had dinner in the restaurant(which I highly recommend), what an excellent experience, both great food and service. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Ontario, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

They charge $15 per night for parking, many other hotel in the area does not charge for parking. When booking, I did not realize such charges. The hotel also screw up by charging my personal credit card until when I check out and notice the problem. Note: Company paid for the room with a corporate card, therefore there were 2 cards, my own for miscellaneous.

Camas, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The DoubleTree Irvine Spectrum is a nice, clean hotel in the Irvine Spectrum. Because of the high costs of taxis and Uber, I wanted a quality hotel with an airport shuttle in this specific area - and this hotel had it all. Although my room was on the freeway side of the building - there was absolutely no noise, the room was spotless and who could resist the warm cookie at check-in. My shuttle driver was the sweetest guy - made the slow moving ride a breeze.

Parker, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My stay at DoubleTree was a pleasurable and relaxing one. The staff welcomed me with a delicious chocolate chip cookie. They were professional and friendly at all times. Made me feel very welcome. Looking forward to staying at your excellent hotel many more times. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I often stay here when in Irvine. They run a shuttle bus to the office and the spectrum which is convenient. Otherwise the rooms are fine, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast is pretty standard fare. The quality of the food in the evening is better, although the menu can feel a little limited after a while (ok if you're only staying a few days). The staff are always very friendly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Joe L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We thank you both for being a loyal guest and for sharing your thoughts about the hotel. While we're grateful to receive 4 out of 5 stars in your ranking, our expectation is to earn 5 stars and you can be confident that we will work towards achieving that on your future stays. Safe travels and we hope to see you soon.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First, the good
-Outstanding room service staff. They worked hard to customize a dinner for a lazy vegetarian and it was really good. From the person who took my order to the individual who delivered it (and that may have been the same gentleman), they were one of the best I’ve encountered.
-My room service tray disappeared after I put it out. Kudos. At other places the tray is there until the morning (or longer), even if you call and ask them to take it.
-One nit – sometimes I was charged for the hot water with my room service order and some times I wasn’t. I assume the charge was because of the Calif drought but the hotel should be consistent when they charge it.
- I had breakfast in the restaurant. It was very, very good.

The opportunities
-Bright, clean and fairly modern gym. And there were sanitary wipes to clean off the equipment. A lot of places let the bin run out and don’t refill it for some time. From a cardio perspective - three treadmills, a bike and only one elliptical. Folks were stacked up by 5:30a when I was there. Perhaps I was there at a time where there was an influx of health conscious guests. Basically, you can’t blame the hotel mgt for a popular gym.
-My room was clean but was in need of a facelift. Dated carpet and accessories. My very dated phone didn’t work. I had to use my cell or go to the restaurant to order room service. My bed side lamp on/off switch was on the fritz. Staff should check these items before guests check in.
-The bed was quite squishy. That may just be a personal thing.
-The elevators were semi-entertaining and semi-frustrating. There are two main elevators and they aren’t adjacent to each other. If you hit the call button and remain by one elevator bank and the other one opens you have to rush to get in the other one before the door closes on you. I missed a few. That could be that I was slow to notice which one opened or that I was moving more slowly than others as I was juggling luggage and/or coffee.
-And speaking of coffee: they have coffee in the lobby and it’s good. The cups are small and poorly insulated. So some folks wound up doubling the cups. So for one medium-to-large coffee you could wind up using four cups. That seems wasteful for the environment and not smart from a money spend perspective.
- One morning at 5:30a the coffee was out but they hadn’t yet put out hot water. I wandered over to the restaurant and asked the women setting up if I could get hot water. She told me she was too busy. While I get that, perhaps a different approach would be to direct me to someone else or have someone come help me.

The deal breaker, at least for me
-No safe in the room. I was invited to use the one in the check in area. That wasn’t even close to being convenient. Fearing the bad guys know this info., I wound up lugging around my bag of personal valuables. That was inconvenient and made me frustrated with the hotel.

So. if a safe isn’t a priority and you aren’t worried about waiting for gym equipment during rush hour, this is a well-located and fine place. The super room service staff and good quality hotel food are the reasons I gave it any stars. The safe was a deal breaker for me.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this very detailed review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum. Your feedback is quite useful to us as we continue to work towards creating the perfect experience for all of our guests. Thank you for the glowing review of the service delivered by our very talented staff. You've given us some additional notes that will be reviewed with our entire staff and undoubtedly improve the experience for future guests. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Irvine/Orange County area.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum? Share your experiences!