“The Getaway I Needed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Irvine
Costa Mesa, United States
“The Getaway I Needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just needed a few days to getaway for myself. From arrival to departure, the hotel staff was unbelievable. The front desk staff welcomed me back everytime I walked through the lobby. The restaurant and bar staff couldn't have been more professional. Also, perfectly located right next to the Irvine Spectrum for night life. This was exactly what I needed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Joe L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
While we are the hotel of choice for business people during the week, we also relish our role in serving as a relaxing getaway for guests needing a break from the stress of the week. We are thrilled this was the case for you and look forward to helping you relax again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
UNION CITY, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Awful way of handling customer problems. Is not customer-oriented at all! Rude front desk clerk. While having breakfast, i forgot to get my coupon so I went to front desk and asked for my coupon. Lo and behold, they told me that my room package didn't include breakfast. But i was 100% sure that i got a breakfast package which is why i net directly to their website and not through hotwire or other means. Yet they demanded proof. I already told them that i paid for 120 for one room and 100 for the other room, hence breakfast was included. I got 2 rooms. They were very rude and asked me to pay for it. I was in a bit of a hurry and paid for it. Yet when i came back from my tournament, they found out that i was correct. They didn't even apologize. Really bad way of handling it. They could've easily told me that they will look into it and that i don't need to worry about it. If I didn't pay for it, they can just adjust it. But if i did, they there's nothing to pay for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joe L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing this review as our staff were quite concerned when we read about your experience. As you can see from other reviews, this is not a common experience but one that I would like to address with you directly in an effort to resolve this to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience, please reach out to me on my direct line (949)471-8601 or via email at jleinacker@dtreeirvine.com.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

So, just needed a quick night stopover before going to my sister's house the next day for my boy's birthday. All I did was put down on my reservation that my boy was celebrating his 9th birthday. At check-in, Amy greeted him by name and wished him a Happy Birthday and chatted with him. Then, in addition to the 4 fresh cookies she gave us, she told Eric that he AND his brother could go pick a candy bar from the snack shop, which they happily did. Great touch, right?
But wait! Upon arriving at our room, there was a HAND WRITTEN birthday card to Eric, with a full tin of the fresh chocolate chip cookies. I mean really. Where do you find service like this any more?
Room and hotel were both very nice and clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joe L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We were honored to host you and your son on his very special day. We are willing to do whatever we can to make your visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum a memorable and our staff is thrilled to hear that Amy and the rest of the team were able to do this. These types of experiences is why we all work in hotels. Thank you for posting this review and we hope your son had a great birthday.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hidden charges on everything from parking to internet access, breakfast (even if it is included in the reservation) No refrigerator in the room. Only good service was the shuttle to the Irvine Spectrum.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joe L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. We regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations and will follow-up on your concerns. Although the hotel (and all of our direct competitors) has been charging for parking for many years and this is published on all of our websites, we will look to see how we can make guests more aware as we understand no one likes a surprise charge upon arriving to the hotel and this is not our goal. We do offer complimentary Wi-Fi both in the public areas and in the guestrooms, however we do have an option to upgrade to an even faster internet for a modest fee of $4.95. If you were charged for the internet and didn't select this option, please reach out to me to assist in adjusting this charge. Thank you for taking the time to mention the service provided by our excellent shuttle drivers. If there is anything we can do to host you on your next visit and have another opportunity to exceed your expectations, please reach out to me at: jleinacker@dtreeirvine.com.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel, breakfast buffet was great, room was clean and quiet, and other guest were of the professional caliber.
Took the complimentary shuttle over to the Irvine Spectrum for dinner (more than 20 different places available.
Being that I am in a wheelchair, they handled all my needs very professional and with a degree of care.
Good hotel, Great staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It means a great deal to us that you took the time out of your schedule to post this review and share the praise you have for our property and the staff here at the Doubletree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your recent visit to the Orange County area and we hope that you come back to stay with us again very soon.
Irvine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Loved my stay at Doubletree-Spectrum! The service was the very best. Everyone went out of their way to provide exceptional service. Everyone was so sincere and helpful. I was very impressed. I would highly recommend this Doubletree.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We love our fans and are delighted that you posted your recent experience! The kind comments regarding our staff are greatly appreciated and I will share your review with each of them. We can't wait until you come back and stay with us again and we'll have warm chocolate chip cookies ready for you when you walk through those doors.
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The average rate with which I am evaluating Double Tree Spectrum is the result of the front desk staff behavior, otherwise good services: F&B, Housekeeping, Shuttle. The quality of the b/fast and dinning is good, and the personnel will run extra miles to please you. However the hotel has this old dusty image not answering expectations for those that have been in more luxurious DT properties.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Joe L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and on behalf of my staff, we apologize that the property did not earn your highest rating. The property recently completed a major renovation to our lobby and public areas which we have received rave reviews from guests recently. We thank you for near perfect rating for cleanliness as well as the kind words about the diligent service delivered by our staff. We hope that we have an opportunity to improve on your experience and will get another attempt to host you in the near future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum? Share your experiences!