I stayed here this past week (end of 3/08) as it was the 'recommended' hotel for a conference I was attending at UCI.
There are definitely pros AND cons. The pros first:
1. Location across from the airport couldn't be easier. And only a 7 min. drive to UC Irvine.
2. My room was very clean w/enough towels and other amenities.
3. Lobby and pool area are impressively clean and staff is very polite.
4. I was entitled (don't know how) to free breakfast buffet and free parking for the duration. The breakfast buffet offers hot entrees and the usual cereal and pastries. It's good and well stocked if not terribly exciting. Totally fine for me.
5. Despite the location, I never heard any airport noise in my room with the window closed. It does get 'stale' air that way though.
Unfortunately, there were some issues which got in the way:
1. They cannot seem to figure out their parking validation system. I was told to come in and get my ticket "stamped" and then when I put it through the machine, I wouldn't pay to exit. This worked about one of every 4 times. An unbelievable hassle to sit in a line of cars none of whom can get the darn arm to go up because the machine is broken.
2. They offer free shuttle service from the airport. I called and was told 20 minutes. Waited 35 and called again to be told 8 more minutes. Waited 10 more and was told he would absolutely be there in 5 minutes. I waited a total of ONE HOUR to be picked up. To be fair, another man waited only 10 minutes. There was no explanation and it's kind of funny because I could've walked to the hotel about 5x in that hour I waited, if only I'd known how close it was. Because I had arrived with the intention of depending on their shuttle to and from UCI, this experience caused me to decide to rent a car rather than wait an hour at UCI at 10pm at night alone.
3. Wireless and ethernet was free for me (again, don't know why) but it requires a password. Sometimes it worked, sometimes I had to call down and get another one.
4. I requested a wake up call for 7:45am and the phone never rang that morning.
All in all, not terrible, but with so many choices, I think I'd stay elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort style. Tropical Atrium lobby area. Lots of gardens and flowers. Low rise hotel centers around a tropical garden courtyard and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Irvine
- Atrium Hotel At Orange County Airport Irvine, CA