“I won't stay here again” 3 of 5 stars

Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18700 MacArthur Boulevard, Irvine, CA 92612   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Irvine
washington state
“I won't stay here again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Ok so let me start by saying this hotel has beautiful grounds and pool area. The lobby is also beautiful. However, The beds suck and as hard as rocks. When we booked our rm we told them that there was going to be 3 adults, so they said they would give us the executive suit that sleeps 4...1 king and 1 queen size bed. Great!!! (Knowing we were coming for a family wedding and my uncle's church uses there business rm on a weekly basis.)
Well not so great, we walked in the rm and the bed they called a queen was a hide a bed fold out with a mattress as thin as a foam mattress with bars...wooohooo REALLY? you call this a bed?? You have go to be kidding me. The only other rm they had available was a double queen rm the size of a studio. That was not going to work for 3 adults. We made due while we were there. My uncle gave me an air mattress to put on the couch. It went flat :( We had brought this to the attention of the front desk and manager on several occasions and if there was anything that became available to please let us know. On our late day there after spending 4 nights on this thing, my mom and I had noticed that the whole bottom floor was being remolded and they SEVERAL beds in one rm stacked up not being used! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I went to the front desk to ask if one top mattress could be brought up to our rm so I could put it on top of the couch fold out, they told me no the don't move the beds around. Again?? Are you kidding me? You don't move the beds yet there are several in one
room and they all don't belong in there. You would think that with all the business that comes and goes in that place from my uncle that they would be a little more accommodating. They did not do anything to make it more comfortable for us. Very disappointing. If it wasn't for the lack of front desk service and trying to make it more comfortable for their guests I would prob stay again but I just can't bring myself to ever go back there. Once was enough for me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
St Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I spent the night at the Atrium Hotel the summer of 2005 and still remember the experience. I was on a work trip during my graduate degree and had spent the long and very hot week in El Centro, CA. I was young and impressionable but well travelled. I remember the Atrium Hotel because it smelled good, had very comfortable beds and comforters. This is the first hotel I remember being "green". I was greeted in my chilly room with a card asking me to help them conserve water, I remember writing a note saying I would love to but was only staying one night. Next time I visit CA I will make my way to the Atrium and cross my fingers its as good as I remember.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Metamora, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Nice rooms and a lot less noise than most airport hotels. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard and property was maintained well. The fitness center was much less than average and very very limited.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our stay was fantastic. If you are looking for a hotel with 5 Star service and cheap rates, this is the place to be!!!!! The hook is the beautiful courtyard with double pools and white tented cabana’s. We felt transported to a little villa with all the amenities of Orange County at our service. The onsite Rental Car service is a plus***make sure to haggle it will benefit your rate*** They offer free shuttle service around the hotel, the airport is in walking distance, but still out of the range of the flight patterns. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our stay. We will be back!!! Special “Thank You” to Fredrick (The Hotel Service Manager) & to Juana (Room Extraordinaire Attendant)

Room Tip: The Poolside Rooms make the trip!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stay at the Atrium every year with our softball team. It is easily located next to the airport. The rooms a great (could upgrade the TV's to flat screens), food was good but the pool area with the cabanas were fantastic. Comfortable couches to lounge in with TV and the wonderful California breeze. Close to Huntington and Newport beaches. Really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I would have to agree with others when they said the outside and the lobby of the hotel are misleading. TERRIBLE Room-my A/C unit went out in the middle of the night and the shower was the size car trunk. Not to mention how incredibly rude the girl was at the front desk. Did not give me continental breakfast coupons like she gave the other couples checking in. Was incredibly rude and full of attitiude and could hardly perform her job function. Terrible place to stay-what a rip off. If it was not for the close location to the airport, I would have never stayed. Never again. RUDE RUDE RUDE

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first. Rooms are dingy and dirty.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

Don't go into the restaurant at 8:40 because they will tell you they are about to close. The bar is friendly but limited seating. Rooms are standard fare but for 119 I guess I can't complain too much. But service on the bar and restaurant is everything.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!