“Best business hotel stay I've ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Irvine
Santa Monica, CA
“Best business hotel stay I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

My wife and I arrived Sunday evening and I would suggest that Candlewood put a sign indicating that they are located in the back of the hospital that you see on Sand Canyon Ave, because you can't see the hotel from Sand Canyon Ave. That was the only thing that we found to be a problem during our stay.

The standard room is what we had booked and it was a large room & bathroom. The room includes a full size refrigerator w/ icemaker, two burner electric cooktop, large microwave oven, dishwasher, set of cookware, microwavable glassware, set of dishes, glasses, can opener, potato peeler, cutting knife, steak knives, spatula, cooking spoon and fork, strainer, toaster, measuring cup, dish towels, paper towels, dishwasher soap & regular dish soap and there is even a garbage disposal! My wife had come with me so she just brought some food from home and made breakfast and a couple of dinners while we were there. She had brought a lot of the things like dish soap, paper towels, dish towels as well as a can opener. We were both surprised that they provided so much in the room. All you need to bring is food. They provide free hardline internet connection, the tv is pretty much like most hotels with cable and a dvd/vhs player so bring your own movies or check out the free ones at the front desk, a desk with 2 chairs for use as a desk/dining table and they even have a little convience store that is attached to the gym on the first floor. If you do use the store they have a complimentary coffee station for you to use. I forgot to mention there is a coffee pot in the room also. The queen size bed was comfortable but the I guess the bed is situated for 1 traveler, the bed was not centered on the wall so there would be equal room on each side of the bed so she could get into it from her own side, but there is a recliner on the side with more room and a bedside table. I think next time I'll just get the Deluxe room for about $20.00 more, which is still a bargan!

The staff is helpful and very nice. When I had to stay at Quality Suites in Santa Ana because the company paid for it I figured it was okay and they provided a free breakfast, tiny refrigerator, microwave. But after finding and staying at Candlewood Suites, there will never be a question of where I will be staying for business or pleasure when we want a place to stay if we want to have the option of cooking our own food while out of town.

I've probably forgotten something but they probably have it, if not in the room at the front desk. We were in Irvine for 4 days and we enjoyed our stay at Candlewood Suites. It is close to the freeway, shopping centers, movie theaters and basically everything. Do yourself a favor if you need a place to stay in Irvine, don't pass up the Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

Immaculate room! Bed was not as soft as I hoped it would be, sheets and pillows incredible! Large tv w/dvd & vhs player in room, 52 cable channels including multiple HBO. Radio/alarm clock/CD player. Kitchen comes stocked with not just a silverware and a pot but multiple and very nice cookware pots w/lids, glass bowls w/lids, measuring cup, potato peeler-you name it. Full sized fridge has an icemaker. Full size microwave. Dishwasher, stove top (no oven), garbage disposal, plenty of hanger and a separate closet, laundry basket in room, dishwasher soap, paper towels, soaps and shampoo, hair dryer. Decorated to feel like home, large recliner, work space with two chairs, 2 phones w/multiple features, free internet in the room, full length mirror, hair dryer, pleasant location and close to gas station, grocery and places to dine. , Free washers and dryers, free lending dvd/vhs library, free locked mail box if you desire during your stay. Gym, business center, 24 hr store. Called the front desk and asked if the store had tylenol, that I wasn't feeling well. She hand delivered tylenol to my room for me with a smile. Hotel itself is very clean and friendly and feels safe. I am very impressive, I travel to this area often for a month at a time and I will be a repeat traveler!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
LAXSDGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Hi Holly! Lani was so happy to help and very humble about the compliment. We are all pleased to have you stay with us and eager to make sure your stay here is memorable every time. Thanks see you soon.

Candlewood Suites Orange County Irvine Spectrum

Irvine, CA 92618

Consider Us Home.
Easton PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

What a pleasant surprise! The staff at Candlewood was terrific, making us feel like royalty when we arrived and all throughout our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, giving us a great place for a low fee. The kitchenette was well supplied with everything we needed for our visit.

We have stayed in less comfortable hotel rooms for a lot more money. Anytime we come back to Orange County, you can bet we'll be staying at the Candlewood Suites in the Irvine Spectrum!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
LAXSDGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
Hello Daddyof6girls,

We are all very pleased you found us to be such a strong value here in the OC. The whole team is involved in making sure each of our guests enjoys their stay. I will be sharing this with the hotel staff and I know they will be pleased to read such wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to write it. We can’t wait to have you visit us again soon.

miltonkeynesgirl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I chose the Candlewood suites because it was cheap and convienient, and I was running low on funds. It cost $90 a night, but that was way too much money for the room. The worst thing about it is the smell, it is putrid, especially when you get to your room near the fridge . . .the elevators are pretty awful too and there is a build up of dirt in the corner which is quite vile. The extractor fan in the bathroom is deafening and prevents any hope of a peaceful soak in the bath too. I shortened my 6 night stay to just 2, and checked into the doubletree instead. As horrible and insanely depressing this place is, the staff are as friendly as can be, and were very friendly in offering to call me a taxi.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Hello miltonkeynesgirl,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel. If you have a few minutes to spare, I would very much like to learn more about the details that lead to your displeasure and attempt to remedy if I can. Please email me at gm.laxsd@wm.candlewoodsuites.com so we can communicate more easily.

As you indicated my staff is very friendly and eager to assist. With that said we all take the satisfaction of our guests seriously and would like to try and address your negative impression of us.

Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

Overall it was a comfortable stay with no real complaints. Free wireless is a plus. Staff very willing to help with GREAT service. Great miles-long walkway behind the hotel for a jog, bike ride, or even a nature walk. Really close to the Irvine Spectrum Center, where all shopping needs are met! Its home away from home! There is also a store near the lobby in which we can purchase cereal, milk, chips, etc at reasonable prices. Laundry is free! Its a great place, with a very homely atmosphere!

• Liked — Great Service. Dishwasher!
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bellevue, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

Any hotel room over $50 should not have ants. Thankfully my stay was short. I have stay here frequently and generally the room smell pretty bad and the service is not good either. This will be my last stay!! I killed a hundred or so Ants in the kitchen area and even though my room was non-smoking I had to wash all my stuff when I got home. Dark, dingy and barely adequate for a low end stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Ants
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas, nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

I had a studio suite with queen bed. The room is very clean and comfortable. The hotel is easy to find after you get off either I5 or I405. The desk clerk is very friendly. The only down side I can find is the bed is a little too small and too soft. Otherwise, I had a great stay. Free high speed internet and parking are big bonuses. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!