My wife and I arrived Sunday evening and I would suggest that Candlewood put a sign indicating that they are located in the back of the hospital that you see on Sand Canyon Ave, because you can't see the hotel from Sand Canyon Ave. That was the only thing that we found to be a problem during our stay.
The standard room is what we had booked and it was a large room & bathroom. The room includes a full size refrigerator w/ icemaker, two burner electric cooktop, large microwave oven, dishwasher, set of cookware, microwavable glassware, set of dishes, glasses, can opener, potato peeler, cutting knife, steak knives, spatula, cooking spoon and fork, strainer, toaster, measuring cup, dish towels, paper towels, dishwasher soap & regular dish soap and there is even a garbage disposal! My wife had come with me so she just brought some food from home and made breakfast and a couple of dinners while we were there. She had brought a lot of the things like dish soap, paper towels, dish towels as well as a can opener. We were both surprised that they provided so much in the room. All you need to bring is food. They provide free hardline internet connection, the tv is pretty much like most hotels with cable and a dvd/vhs player so bring your own movies or check out the free ones at the front desk, a desk with 2 chairs for use as a desk/dining table and they even have a little convience store that is attached to the gym on the first floor. If you do use the store they have a complimentary coffee station for you to use. I forgot to mention there is a coffee pot in the room also. The queen size bed was comfortable but the I guess the bed is situated for 1 traveler, the bed was not centered on the wall so there would be equal room on each side of the bed so she could get into it from her own side, but there is a recliner on the side with more room and a bedside table. I think next time I'll just get the Deluxe room for about $20.00 more, which is still a bargan!
The staff is helpful and very nice. When I had to stay at Quality Suites in Santa Ana because the company paid for it I figured it was okay and they provided a free breakfast, tiny refrigerator, microwave. But after finding and staying at Candlewood Suites, there will never be a question of where I will be staying for business or pleasure when we want a place to stay if we want to have the option of cooking our own food while out of town.
I've probably forgotten something but they probably have it, if not in the room at the front desk. We were in Irvine for 4 days and we enjoyed our stay at Candlewood Suites. It is close to the freeway, shopping centers, movie theaters and basically everything. Do yourself a favor if you need a place to stay in Irvine, don't pass up the Candlewood Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Orange County Irvine/Spectrum Hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, range, and dishwasher. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk. Communication is no problem with voicemail, free local calls, free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines. Borrow your favorite movie or music from the hotel library and enjoy in your room from the comfort of your recliner. Hungry? Visit the Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenience store, and charge it to your room. Work off some stress in our 24-hour fitness center. Staying a long time? Take advantage of our on-site complimentary laundry facility. We re a pet friendly hotel too (fees apply). We are conveniently located off of the 405 or 5 Freeway in Orange County, and just minutes from the John Wayne Airport. The Spectrum Entertainment Center is minutes away where you will find fabulous bars and restaurants as well as a 21 Stadium Theater, a comedy club and a variety of stores for shopping. Orange County is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, including Huntington and Newport Beaches. We are also an easy day trip to the sites of Los Angeles and San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum Hotel Irvine
- Candlewood Suites Irvine
- Candlewood Irvine
- Irvine Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum CA