I booked my reservation for a week long business trip and imagine my surprise when I arrived and discovered that they were in the middle of renovating the hotel while I was staying there.
Yup, they took my money (standard price) and didn't bother to tell me that:
1. I would need to stay in one room one night and another room the following nights, so I had to checkin and checkout twice.
2. The laundry mat and gym would be closed for two of the days.
3. The hotel would have no water after 10am on a couple of the days.
4. I would enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of construction from early morning to early evening.
I didn't receive any cut rate or advance warning or anything.
Now, if you're reading this, you may think, "What do I care? By the time I visit, they will be done." That's a fair point, but consider this: This hotel is so desperate for money and so devalues its relationship with its business customers that it will charge them full price with no warning to stay in a hotel that is undergoing construction in the exact same areas where you are staying. If you think the mindset that thought this was OK is going to lead to you having a good experience while staying at this hotel for an extended period, I wish you luck.
We have an internal travel site at our company, and you can be sure that my fellow employees will hear about this and think twice about staying here or any Candlewood Suites again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Orange County Irvine/Spectrum Hotel is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, range, and dishwasher. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk. Communication is no problem with voicemail, free local calls, free high speed Internet access and two separate phone lines. Borrow your favorite movie or music from the hotel library and enjoy in your room from the comfort of your recliner. Hungry? Visit the Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenience store, and charge it to your room. Work off some stress in our 24-hour fitness center. Staying a long time? Take advantage of our on-site complimentary laundry facility. We re a pet friendly hotel too (fees apply). We are conveniently located off of the 405 or 5 Freeway in Orange County, and just minutes from the John Wayne Airport. The Spectrum Entertainment Center is minutes away where you will find fabulous bars and restaurants as well as a 21 Stadium Theater, a comedy club and a variety of stores for shopping. Orange County is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, including Huntington and Newport Beaches. We are also an easy day trip to the sites of Los Angeles and San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum Hotel Irvine
- Candlewood Suites Irvine
- Candlewood Irvine
- Irvine Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Orange County, Irvine Spectrum CA