“Conference Success” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manhattan Beach, California
“Conference Success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Our conference was very successful thanks to the cooperative and friendly staff. They rearranged rooms quickly and efficiently between meetings and banquets. The meeting spaces were perfect for our needs. The sleeping rooms were quite nice and spacious. The entire staff was outstanding during our three night stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your conference with us.
We really appreciate your feedback.

We are fortunate to have an exceptional Banquet and Event team.
Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Novato, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I've stayed here a number of times, mainly because I am a Hilton Honors member and this hotel was conveniently located for me.

Overall, I'd say the desk staff is not overly friendly or courteous, and have had a few negative experiences. The wait staff in the restaurant is always pleasant, polite and courteous.

Here's the problem with this place....watch out if there is a group event going on. One time there was a well[-behaved high school education conference going on. The second time it was a two-day event for a large group of hip-hop dancer/teachers. Both times, the group took over the lobby and breakfast area. Because these areas are relatively small, all these people in too small a space makes it VERY, VERY noisy and VERY VERY crowded.

PROS:
super convenient location near John Wayne AIrport with free shuttle bus
usually priced very competitively
nice breakfast buffet
close to everything Irvine

CONS:
front desk can be kind of snarky
a group event at same time of your stay will create a noisy, crowded , unpleasant experience.
Must pay for in-room wi-fi. Tacky.

WOULD I STAY HERE AGAIN?
Depends on price...if I can get it for $100 per night, then yes. Otherwise, I'd stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stays with us while in Orange County.

I appreciate your candor regarding your experience.
It certainly helps us focus our efforts on the items that matter most or our guests.

I hope that should your travels bring you back to Orange County, you will continue to allow us to be of service to you.

Adrian, Michigan
1,243 reviews 1,243 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you are flying out of John Wayne Airport. Moreover, the price is very reasonable making it a great value.

My colleague and I decided to stay at this hotel due to early flights and it turned out to be a great choice. As full disclosure, I am a Hilton Diamond member which influences my choice of hotels. However, this full Hilton property was so reasonable in price and so convenient that the choice was obvious at the time of booking irrespective of my frequent stay status.

We were checked in very quickly and efficiently upon arrival. My room was very spacious and clean. The décor was nothing special but it was adequate and not distracting. The amenities including the WiFi worked well during my entire stay. My bed was quite comfortable allowing me to get a good night's sleep.

The front desk staff were very helpful in enumerating our dinner options nearby. To get dinner outside the hotel, a car was really necessary. That might have been the only disadvantage of the property, however. After dinner, upon returning to the hotel I took a walk through the surrounding neighborhood. It was an enjoyable stroll that I was able tot take through a quiet conglomeration of businesses and condominium complexes. My walk was safe and invigorating. There was a fuel station/convenience store within a three-minute walk of the hotel that allowed me to pick up a couple of waters for my room at the end of my stroll.

The best part about the hotel was that, while they offered a shuttle on the half-hour, the airport was walkable. Simply crossing the street and safely walking through the parking garage allowed me to reach the terminal in ten minutes. It was a nice change to be in control of my schedule at that point. I should add that my checkout was quite efficient and I experienced no delays getting out the door to get to my flight. My only regret was that, because I had to leave so early, I was unable to take advantage of the breakfast buffet that would have been complementary to me.

Overall, if you have a flight out of John Wayne/Orange County Airport, I would highly recommend this property as a convenient, reasonably-priced and high-value hotel option the night before you fly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for the great review!

Our team appreciated your comments. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Hotels & Resorts. We look forward to being of service to you soon!

Woburn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Traveled to Santa Ana for business - flew into John Wayne airport and right across the street is this hotel. Very nice decor and the rooms are nicely furnished. The staff was accommodating from the valet to the front desk to the waiters - excellent hotel

Room Tip: although you are near the airport you do not hear the noise
Green Features: the usual towels etc. the bathroom fixtures seemed to have water saving heads
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Marcoussis, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great hotel with very good rooms and facilities. The pool is ideal to relax, you also have the bar that is nearby. The free shuttle to John Wayne Airport is also very convenient. Wonderful staff that is really accommodating, they'll treat you as a well vaulted customer. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the fantastic review.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel is old. Especially for a Hilton. The tub is stained from wear and tear. Carpet is retro days of the 90s. I'm fine with the 9$ wiskeys . staff need new clothes, guy had a over sized blazer jacket. Unless this place is running in a 90s theme or you like the 90s style, go to the Hilton in costamesa .

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

overall the hotel service was excellent unfortunatelly breakfast was not included so we have to buy it. coffee runs out by 7:00am and food was very expensive. Also, the gym was very small and no ventilations

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

We do have coffee service available throughout the day via the bar or restaurant.
In addition, we do have several room packages available that include breakfast.
Perhaps one of the packages would provide a better value.

Thank you for the feedback on the Fitness Center ventilation.
Our Chief Engineer is looking into the issue and we are hopeful that it was an isolated incident.

Again - thank you for your comments and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport

Been to Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!