“Good overall” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed for just one night. Everything was clean and the lobby has a very nice atmosphere. It is also literally right across from the terminal. They have a shuttle that will take you to any restaurant within 3 miles which is great. My shuttle driver was super nice and the front desk staff was great. The only annoying thing is the Internet. It was free, however, every time I set my iPad down it would log you off so you would have to reconnect and enter the password.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay.

The Bell team and the Front Desk team really appreciated your comments.
I apologize for the issues you encountered with the internet.
We have forwarded the details you noted to our Provider for further inquiry.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The shuttle service to the airport was prompt. The on-site restaurant had great service and food. The entire property was very clean. This is a very accessible hotel and above average for airport hotels. You can tell when a place is run well and that was definitely the case with this property. I would stay here on future trips to Orange County.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport if you like watching the air traffic, and on the opposite side if...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Brian -

Thank you for the fantastic review.
Our team really appreciates your comments.
Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Irvine for 3 nights and enjoyed the hotel. The Staff is very friendly. The Gym could be a little larger but I worked out just fine, and I really enjoyed the pool (used only one day). My only issue was the hotel was full on Saturday night with a bunch of young boys and they must have consumed a whole bunch of sugar as they were running up and down the halls screaming and throwing ice. The hotel should have kept them together and not placed others around the kids. Luckily the noise only lasted until about 10pm...but went on for about two hours. This is a pet friendly hotel, and was nice to be provided a bowel and treat (the dog didn't like the treat)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Robert -

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our Hotel.

I apologize for the noise you encountered from the sports group we had in house during your visit. The group did make up the majority of our occupancy and therefore it was challenging to ensure that they were assigned their own floors. I appreciate your feedback and we will be more cognizant of such things in the future.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it assists us in improving our operation.
I do hope that should your travels bring you back to Orange County, you will allow us to be of service to you again.

San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very nice staff, location, and facilities! second visit at this hotel and will continue to stay here. Highly recommended to family and friends. Yes, I'm a Hilton enthusiast! thank you for your hospitality and use!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the wonderful review!

We look forward to continuing to be your hotel of choice in Orange County.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I needed to stay for a night and, as always, the Hilton did not disappoint! Wonderful service and amenities. Some people worry that it is not close to anything, but with a car Fashion Island and other places of interest are very close! *If you plan on using your car though, opt for self parking; once you valet you need to keep your car inside.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your feedback and the additional insight you provided about our location.
We are centrally located in the heart of Orange County and within just a few minutes of great shopping and restaurants at Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza and the Irvine Spectrum.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I typically don't expect much from airport-adjacent hotels, but this place is nicer than most.

You wouldn't really know it from the outside--pulling up to this place, the appearance screams "generic, dated hotel probably built sometime between the late 1960s and late 1970s." But once I checked in, I was quite satisfied. The rooms are large and super-clean, the furnishings are quite decent for this class of hotel, and the mattress and bedding are very, very comfortable. (I was given an "Executive Level" room, whatever that might mean, so I can't swear that the "standard" rooms are the same, but I would suspect that any differences are relatively minor.) The room's HVAC system worked very well and was easy and efficient to operate and control. The bathroom, while nothing fancy, was well-maintained and in good working order, and decently laid out.

Despite the proximity to the airport (it's literally right across the street from the airport), there was no noticeable jet noise or other airport noise in the rooms. In fact, the only annoying noises I heard, which did come at an unfortunately early time of the morning, was not from planes but rather from other flying objects, namely, some loud and annoying honking from a flock of geese or other similar waterfowl that seemed to have taken up temporary residence next to the hotel for an hour or so. Certainly nothing that was the hotel staff's fault or that could have been avoided, and probably not a common occurrence. My dealings with the staff were limited, but in general they were quite professional, cordial, and welcoming.

The common areas aren't particularly exciting, but they're fine. There's a decent workout room, with exercise equipment that seems to be properly maintained and in good working order. There is a large outdoor pool/Jacuzzi area that's quite nice for a hotel in this class.

The price, including tax, was under $200 with a AAA discount for my "Executive" room, which isn't bad for this area. Wi-Fi access was included for that price, though I think they charge for Wi-Fi in the standard rooms. Based on how it worked in my room at least, it wouldn't be worth paying for--the signal was spotty and it was slow (using cellular data was actually quite a bit faster, so I didn't even bother with the Wi-Fi). Self-parking costs an extra $16 a day, which seems like a lot for a outdoor parking in a lot, especially in this Orange County location (it would be a good price for downtown L.A., but I think that many places in this area don't charge for parking at all, so this seemed a bit unfair to me).

All in all, this was much nicer than I expected out of an older Hilton at the airport, and I certainly would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonIrvineGM, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review about your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We have a fantastic Housekeeping team and they were very pleased to read your review.

I appreciate the detailed feedback, especially on the wireless service. We are investing the issue you experienced further to ensure that it does not repeat.

Again – thank you for your review and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Medford, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton previously as it is within walking distance of the main office of my company. There was a car and audio show going on that Sunday night. I was very tired due to the time change and tried to go to sleep around 11:00 PM. My room was on the fifth floor and the intermittent noise in the parking lot kept me up to almost 1:00. I am a very sound sleeper yet I was woken up at 4:00AM by a group noisily loading a rental truck beneath my room. I called room service and the response was to send up earplugs and say sorry instead of telling the people to stop loading the truck. A number of my coworkers also staying at the Hilton complained of the noise, one of whom had to insist on having his room changed at 4:00 in the morning. We were told we would get a gift voucher but none of us have received anything. I have been pleased with my Hilton experiences as you can see by my stays, but this was absolutely inexcusable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Please accept my sincere apologies for our failure to provide you with a more comfortable experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise. I apologize that you didn’t get the sleep you deserved.

Your experience certainly does not represent the level of comfort and tranquility we customarily provide.

I do hope that should your travels bring you back to Irvine, you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Regina M. Stryker-Guthrie | General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hotel Irvine
Irvine Marriott
#10 of 18 in Irvine
4.0 of 5 stars 372 reviews
Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport

Been to Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!