“Betty & Jerry” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Betty & Jerry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have gone back to this hotel many times even when they were not the cheapest price because of the great customer service in all departments.
In the Restaurant & Bar area Betty & Jerry both take care of me every time I go. They treat me like family and so personable and kind. The service they provide is excellent!
I have not had one bad experience there and I have probably spent 75-100 nights there.
Amazing Property and Staff.
I feel like home when I arrive there.
Oh, and the food is also excellent!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Tammy,

I can't thank you enough for the kind words for our staff, and especially for Betty in the restaurant and Jerry in the lounge. It's truly wonderful to receive such feedback from a loyal and regular guest like yourself. It validates all of the efforts our staff put in to their jobs on a daily basis, and to hear this will encourage them to work even harder at pleasing every guest.

It is our goal to make every guest feel like family and with employees like Betty and Jerry we feel that we are succeeding in that objective. Again thanks for taking the time to let us know that we are doing well. We all look forward to your next visit in the near future.

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
La Mirada, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here just 1 night and was a bit disappointed in the check in service. Hilton is generally very friendly people & super attentive but not really at this hotel. Maybe it is the OC attitude or that we were only there one night not sure but I would still expect the same level of friendlyness regardless. Nothing swanky or special the rooms were just average. They were clean and beds were comfy. Carpet is outdated & looks old but otherwise a decent hotel stay. It had all of the normal amenities and was very close to our event location. Parking is $18.00 per day for self parking which I find silly when there is not a parking structure just the outer parking of the hotel. Overall just an average hotel and good for business travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for providing your thoughts on your stay at the hotel this month. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests so we can see how they feel about our services and facilities. I was certainly disappointed to read your remarks about the seemingly lack of friendliness when you checked into the hotel. As you can see from reading the variety of comments received here, our staff geneerally receives high marks for their guest oriented attitude and the friendly manner in which they serve all of our guests. So I am sorry to see you felt that way and would like to apologize if they seemed uncaring. I will discuss this with the department management so they can work with their staff and see that they continue to strive for great service for every guest. I also understand your frustration with the parking fees but can assure you that our charges are similar to or less than all surrounding full service hotel properties in the Irvine and Airport area. We do appreciate your business and hope that we will see you here again when your travel plans bring you back to Orange County.
St. Paul, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This Hilton hotel was chosen for convenient location for 2 night stay. The complimentary shuttle bus service from and to the John Wayne Airport was excellent, despite we had a hard time calling them from the airport upon arrival. The Executive Room with two double bed on 10th floor, top floor, was decent. The room needs a serious update though. It looked quite aged. The fitness room and business center as well as California Cuisine style restaurant were plus feature of the hotel. Overall, ewe enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the hotel after your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you were pleased with your guest room on the Executive Floor, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the services and amenities that we offer to our guests. It also sounds as if you had a chance to enjoy our restaurant featuring a varied choice of healthy California cuisine. I am not sure why you had a slight difficulty contacting the hotel from the airport but I apologize if we did not answer your call as quickly as we should have. I hope because of our proximity that is so convenient to the airport that you still were able to get to the property quickly after you arrived. We do appreciate you choosing our hotel for your travel plans and hope that we will have the opportunity to see you back at the property in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is an old tired 70's hotel that the Hilton has done their best to make look nice. The rooms are small but have a modern look and are clean. The bathrooms are too small for a couple trying to get ready. The pool area is tired and sad. The hot tube was on the dirty side. The staff is nice and helpful. The fitness room is a plus. It's an airport hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for providing your thoughts in regards to your stay at the hotel. I hope you enjoyed your visit and the new look of the lobby and public spaces, and found the contemporary design of the rooms to your liking as well. I aam sorry that the pool area and spa were not up to your expectations, but will work with my staff to see how we can perhaps make the area more appealing for our guests. I am pleased that you utilized the fitness center and hope you had the opportunity to visit some of the other facilities we offer as well. We have a great staff here and I am glad that you appreciated the service they provide. Feedback such as you have provided is always a great help to us as it enables us to better understand where to focus our future efforts.
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this hotel using hotwire.com and it was a great value for our dollar. Our flight was scheduled to land in Santa Ana, California which is across the street from this hotel. They offer a free shuttle service to/from the airport to the hotel.

The only thing I would have liked to see at this location is complimentary coffee in the lobby. There was a coffee maker in the room, but only with the powdered creamer packets, etc.

The room was large and spacious, and the bathroom was enormous.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Minaco,

Thanks for commenting on your stay and giving us your impressions of the hotel from your recent visit. We have a wonderful location just across from John Wayne Airport and I hope you had an opportunity to use our shuttle pickup and drop-off for the airport. I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel and found the guest rooms to your liking. I'm sorry we don't have complimentary coffee in the lobby but we do provide complimentary Coffee Bean coffee in all guest rooms for your convenience. Again thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We truly appreciate it for the insight it provides us. I hope you will be staying with us again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Orange County.
Pasadena, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My over all experience was very good. However, I have stayed in other Hiltons that have been remodel. This location has not been updated. In addition my breakfast was delivered cold. Nevertheless I will stay at another Hilton. I'm currently in the Burbank airport now and will be booking a Hilton in San Francisco.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Byron,

Thanks for giving us the oppoprtunity to host you when your travel plans brought you to the Orange County Airport area. We appreciate your patronage and loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels, and your feedback pertaining to your stay at the property. All Hilton hotels are renovated on a continual basis and I am pleased that you notice this in your travels. Our lobby and public areas were upgraded not long ago and our guest rooms just previous to that. It is the input we receive from guests like yourself that will influence both the timing and the look of our next scheduled upgrade, so thanks so much for your interest in the property. I am pleased that your experience was a very positive one, and look forward to your next visit with us when your travels bring you back into our area.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel was selected by my High School Reunion committee. This event was our 30 year reunion. There were defined over charging of drinks, they charged us more per drink at our event bar than at the lobby bar for the same brand of wine. They charged $13.00 for breakfast downstairs buffet style that was typical of the free breakfasts that one would get in other hotels that I will not name.... (coffee should be complimentary in the lobby....!!). Bad check out service, staff was rude and unprofessional. We will not return to this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for taking the time to provide your comments on your stay at the hotel last month. I am certainly sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations. Most of our guests enjoy the breakfast that we offer in our restaurant and it is priced to be a very fair value. Like other full service hotels, Hilton does not offer a complimentary breakfast. However our limited service properties such as Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns do offer that added convenience. We do offer complimentary Coffee Bean coffee in all guest rooms so I do hope you were able to take advantage of that amenity during your stay. Again thanks for the candid feedback you have given us as it does enable us to see how our services and facilities are viewed by our guests.

Best regards,

Been to Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!