“Another airport that has totally figured it out” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Irvine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Moraga, California, United States
“Another airport that has totally figured it out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Walking distance, good fitness center, comfortable rooms, and great beds. Extremely convenient and customer service oriented. Restaurant/bar is comfortable and reasonable. Perfect hotel for ease of travel anywhere in Orange County.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ed B, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your outstanding review of the Hilton Hotel Irvine Airport, I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us.
I am so thrilled you enjoyed the restaurant, I highly recommend our Sushi on Wednesday nights...simply outstanding.

Come visit again soon!

Kind Regards,

Ed Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed overnight at this Hilton in order to catch a morning flight out of John Wayne airport, which is literally across the street. The hotel provides free shuttle pickup from, but you have to call them first. Shuttles to the airport run on the half hour. The trip is really quick due to the proximity.

The room is a typical business-class Hilton. I was upgraded to one of the upper Executive floors where there was a nice view. HHonors members take note - unlike many Hiltons, there is no Executive lounge at this property. The bed was quite comfortable. There is a large TV with some 70-ish channels of which quite a few were actually in high-def. There is wireless internet offered and the speed was pretty good on the night I was there.

I was going to print my boarding pass for my morning's flight but the business center is pay by the minute for the computers and pay by the page for printing. I figured it would have cost me about $5.00 to do what most hotels do complimentary.

Since I was without a car, I ate at the in-house Aura restaurant which was pretty good. The breakfast is a buffet with an omelet bar but was a little pricey at $18 plus tip. I discovered that there is an IHOP in the same block if you want an alternative for breakfast.

The property is decent enough although they nickle-and-dime you for some of the amenities. If I have to be at the SNA airport again, I would not have any problem staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear 4959keeton,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. As a new member of this Team, I am quite impressed by the level of service and commitment our associates have towards our guests and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed a good stay overall. Our location is ideal when traveling in and out of John Wayne airport, as was your case, and I’m glad our shuttle service made your trip seamless.

I am truly sorry that you were under the impression that we charge for boarding passes. That service is complimentary to all of our guests, as is standard most anywhere now. You are correct, we do not offer HHonors Executive Lounge, however, we do provide Gold and Diamond HHonors reception the first Wednesday and the third Tuesday of every month. Please consider this an invitation, if you are a guest of our hotel, during these times.

If travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, we hope that you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine/Orange County at the Airport.

Wishing you and yours a warm and happy Holiday Season!

Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spent 1 night here. It was nice and quiet. Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean. The hotel is located close to the 405 and it was very convenient and affordable. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear lilizmom,

Thank you kindly for the nice comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our warm hospitality, our services and our location which is quite convenient. As a new member to this team, your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

If travels bring you to Irvine, CA again, we sincerely hope you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport. I am confident you will be met with the same hospitality.

Wishing you and and yours a Happy Holiday Season!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Clean room, some wear on the fixtures. Vent in the shower was filthy inside and at eye level as you shower. Rooms with 2 beds have double beds. Double beds? Is this camping? Pool area was clean, area is conveinient. Charging for parking for guests is rude-this is not a city . Our single king bed was comfy. Did not eat here, staff was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear the5neumanns,

Thank you for the candid feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Despite falling short in some areas, I am happy to hear you enjoyed good stay overall. I share these comments with our Team in order to improve upon our services.

As a new member to this Team I am highly impressed by the level of commitment of our associates towards our guests.

Should travels bring you to Irvine, CA again, I hope that you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine/Orange County at the Airport as your hotel of choice.

Wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday Season!

Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was the sole organizer for my 45th high school reunion for 110 people. I initially chose this hotel to hold the reunion and house my classmates for its location - the proximity to the John Wayne/Orange County Airport, and freeway accessibility, for my classmates' convenience.

However, the experience I had at this hotel FAR exceeded any of my expectations! From the outset, dealing with Elberta Segraves, head of catering, was a pleasure. She was responsive, patient and very helpful to this greenhorn trying to put on her first large function, and professional in every way. Questions were answered, requests granted and she was hugely instrumental in the smoothness of our reunion experience at the hotel. Christina Ruaux, the account manager for catering, flawlessly and responsively kept me informed of our room reservations' status nearing the date of the reunion, honored special requests from classmates to have rooms placed near each other, and was so helpful in so many ways, too many to mention here.

From the time I parked my car, laden with reunion decorations, in front of the hotel, the service from the entire staff was superb. Leave my car while I get one heavy plastic bin to one hospitality room (aided by one of their many excellent people who were all VERY PLEASANT), my bags into my hotel room and the remaining reunion bins and boxes into their storage area instead of lugging it all over the hotel? No problem. Call down to the front desk for information on where something was supposed to be? No problem, instant solution. The staff knows who to call, who to rely on, who to ask, and it's done - immediately. I was ably aided during the two-day reunion, in addition to Elberta, by Miguel, Gian, Eduardo, among others whose names I didn't get. The front desk personnel, especially Miguel, were beyond belief in their helpfulness. All the way down to the serving staff, everyone gave us a VERY positive experience. I would also like to add that the bartender in the Monarch Ballroom the night of 10/6/12, whose name I didn't write down, was wonderful. All I can say is that across the board, the entire staff was a well-oiled machine of impeccable service, positive attitude and provided me and my classmates an extraordinary experience.

And if you think this is being written by an employee of Hilton - think again. The ONLY negative thing I can come up with to make sure you know it is sincere and true is that the hotels in the airport area, as they do in ANY airport area, charge an arm and a leg for parking, and this Hilton is no exception. The good news is that they did offer a group discount for my classmates that night and for the overnight guests. If I was crazy enough to hold another large function again, would I hold it there, stay there as a guest on holiday or as a business person coming in and going out? In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: North side rooms get little direct sun and are probably cooler.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an OUTSTANDING review of our property, the HIlton Irvine Airport Hotel. We are so glad your reunion was such a success.

A hotel is only as excellent as the staff they bring to help make your memories, I am very proud of the team here, they are true hoteliers!!! Thank you for recognizing them!

I will see you at your next reunion!!!!

Kind Regards,

Ed Burke
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We only stayed for one night (14 hours to be exact from the time we checked in till w checked out). Friends were getting married in the area and we didn't feel like spending over $100, so Priceline was able to get us the room for $75 after tax and fees plus the $16 overnight parking.

The goods:
- Location is perfect for easy access to John Wayne Airport, or just to hop on freeways. Not to mention it's close enough to Diamond Jamboree and Tustin Jamboree Plaza for dining, entertainment, etc etc.

- Beds are extremely comfy. We got two beds, so the Mr and I got our own beds for the night, which was awesome.

- Room is pretty spacious

- Modern and updated decor.

- Check-in and check out process was a breeze.

The Could-Be-Improved:
- Customer Service was a hit or miss. We called down from our room for something we needed, and it took almost 5 minutes before someone answered so we had it on speaker. When someone finally answered, there was an impatient, "Hello?Hello?", and before we had a chance to respond, the person hung up. We had to call back, and waited another 5 minutes before someone finally answered. Thankfully no hang up this time. Another incident was when we called in to request a wifi password for internet connection, the person on the other line was quite rude and impatient as we tried to connect.

- A couple lamps and phone were unplugged when we entered. Not a big deal really, but after a long delayed flight, it was kind of a pain to have to figure out where things were supposed to go. Especially since the room was really hot. Granted Irvine was blasting hot that weekend, and it took a bit of time for the AC to kick in. That's actually how we found out the phone was unplugged. After a few minutes not hearing the AC starting, the Mr thought the AC might be broken, and tried to call down for help only to find out the phone wasn't working. Only after digging around, he figured out that it wasn't plugged in. Definitely not a fun thing to do when you're tired.

- $16/night parking. A bit steep for the area I must say. It's not like Irvine is hip!

- Yikes, perhaps they need to check on the iron once in a while. I ruined a perfectly nice white shirt while ironing because something sticky and black was on it. Sadly, even a wash couldn't get rid of whatever that stain was. Never had a problem with a hotel iron before, but it looks like I'm going to have to start bringing my own traveling iron with me.

In summary, for a quick one night stay, it wasn't bad, especially since we got a good deal (although Priceline, I wouldn't consider this hotel a 4 star! Really??), but I wouldn't pay a full $100+/night price for it. I rather drive a bit away from the airport and check out Newport area for anything above that price.

Dear ZaiZaiLv,

Thank you kindly for the candid feedback regarding the short time spent at our hotel. I'm truly sorry to hear about the misfortunes you encountered - please accept my sincere apologies. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve upon our services.

As a new member to this Team, I am pleasantly suprised by the level of service and commitment of our associates towards our guests so I will be sure to share your comments.

If travels should bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, I would like to invite you to once again give the Hilton Irvine/Orange County another opportunity. I am confident you will find a much improved hospitality experience.

Warmest Regards and Happy Holidays!
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Didnt stay long. Stayed here on the way to San Diego for one night. Hotel is nice, rooms are nice. Staff is very friendly and courteous. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. After being a HHonors member for some time now I have never been dissapointed. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Irvine with Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your brief overnight stay. As we do with all Trip Advisor comments, we will be sure to share your positive comments with our entire staff so they know their efforts have been recognized. The Hilton Irvine's staff takes great pride and care to provide a personalized guest experience in a clean, safe, and friendly environment.

Thank you for being our guest.

Been to Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!