“Comfortable Room and Great service at the bar” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Dining Credit
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Irvine
San Diego, California
“Comfortable Room and Great service at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The beds were very comfortable. However, the bathroom is rather small. I would be willing to give up a little space in the room to have a larger bathroom.

The service at the bar was outstanding. I think one of the bartenders name is Roy. He was great.

I was a bit surprised when I had to pay for a cocktail in the concierge room during happy hour. $9 for a vodka / tonic is a bit much.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for all your wonderful comments and taking the time to share your experience! It is so wonderful to hear that everything from the comfort of our bed to the sevice from Roy in our Floe Lounge contributed to your great stay. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our leadership team. We hope to have the pleasure of your return! .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here in there past about 10 years ago and it was ok then clean I guess. Does not look like any things been upgraded sine then.

Checked in ok, room was musty smelling and just kind of old, the bed was nice though and having a balcony gave me a great view of the 405 freeway :-)

I checked in late and looked the room service menu, hmm only 5 entrees and none looking good, thought I wpuDgp. Down to the restaurant instead maybe a better selection, wrong same menu

Restaurant bar was noisy and 80,s music was too loud it appropriate they likely haven't. CHanged the cd either in 10 years. I must say the restaurant staff were nice and attentive. Iordered the roast chicken it was dry I think it was more flame broiled than roasted,either ways sent it back. Then I got sword fish, same deal I thin,the chef has a open flame. Back there it was hard, overlooked could not face anything else so. Got cheesecake instead. That was good, wine was cheaper than most hotels.

There's a Starbucks in the lobby which is nice,staff Theresa's friendly and coffee was as advertised.

Parking is $24 which seems kinda high for this place

I think you can do better in oc for the price

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Noel F, Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are sorry to hear that our rooms and our restaurant options and quality did not meet your expectations. It is always great to hear that our hosts are providing excellent service. We did do extensive renovations in our lobby and restaurant areas which were completed at the end of last year and we have a room renovation coming up in the not too distant future.

We have had a lot of really positive feedback regarding our new menu and would love to hear some more specifics about what we might do better. We invite you to contact Lorenzo Salgado, our Director of Restaurants, at (949) 553-0100 if you would be open to discussing your experience further.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've been planning events for a living for my whole career. And, I've been planning social events for even longer. So when I come across a hotel and catering/convention staff as stellar as this one, I'm in awe.

We recently planned a gala event for 350 people and really, we couldn't have asked for a better team to help us pull it off. We were frequently disorganized and last-minute but Marriott just rolled with it all. Such consummate professionalism down to every last server, banquet person, and staff member. Incredible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of all the details of your gathering. Our Event Planners thrive on providing our guests with the opportunity to inspire an engaging experience. Additionally, we're ecstatic to hear that all of our hosts you encountered provided you with the brilliant service and professionalism many of our guests have come to expect of the Marriott brand. We have always recognized it’s not the brass and glass, or acres of marble that make the difference... but rather the relationships of our hosts and guests that are the hallmarks of our reputation. Again, thank you not only for your business but also for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to hosting your next event!
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Good impression while entering in the lobby, very modern, very lightly, design etc... the impression is kind of different while getting out of the elevator at the room level. You are travelling back in time from a 21st century lobby to a 80's style resort hotel. Red floor in carpet, old fashioned decoration in the corridors... The room ambiance is the same. Despite comfortable bedding, I was disappointed about the price / quality ratio. 259 USD for a night is too expensive for this old fashioned style hotel. Almost no amenities in the bathroom, I felt like something was missing in this room, I felt uncomfortable and not like at home like in some other hotels I could have stayed in. A quick refurbish is necessary to justify these rates !! Staff is friendly and valet parking is very nice (I appreciate the bottle of fresh water offered while getting in my car!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the highway side or you'll not sleep !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Noel F, Front Office Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our new lobby area and the new bedding in the rooms. We are thrilled that you found our hosts to be friendly, as our main focus is always customer service. We are sorry that our rooms did not meet your expectation and are excited to let you know that as part of our recent makeover, we do have a room renovation scheduled for the not too distant future.

Thank you for choosing the Irvine Marriott!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is clean, beautifully kept, and service is great. I accidentally left my shaving kit in my room after checkout. The staff kept it for me until I could retrieve it. The parking is a bit expensive, but it's very convenient to John Wayne Airport, and there are lots of good restaurants around. It would be a less expensive place to stay for a family heading to Disneyland. Rooms are a bit small and the elevator area can get jammed up, but great place otherwise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear about your overall enjoyable stay! I look forward to sharing your feedback with our leadership team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to the OC.
Bavaro, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel is great for business. Is less than an mile from SNA airport.

They did some renovations at the lobby and restaurants and the main area looks awesome, they did a great job with all the changes.

The bed is a dream, great one very comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We're thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us and that the amenities within the hotel worked out so well for you. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of your return!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Recent one night stay for business. Hotel has an airport shuttle, I had to wait a bit though. Most reviewers already complimented the lobby. It was very nice. Outdoor area was nice too with the fire pits and comfortable seating area. Lobby bar still being remodeled, so no draft beer yet. Very nice bartender, I can't remember her name, but she was the only female I saw. Ordered a few small meals throughout the afternoon and evening. Crab sliders-very good. Guacamole and chips-excellent. I then ordered a BLT to go, with Avocado. Take the sandwich to the room, no Avocado.....ugh! Long day, so I just wasn't in the mood to call down to the lobby to complain, and there was an up charge for the darn thing. My room was fine, no issues. I probably will choose the Newport Beach Marriott next time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the amenities within the hotel worked out well for you. However, we feel terrible to hear that there was a snafu with your to-go order.

We’d like an opportunity to make it up to you. At your convenience we welcome you to contact Gloria Cortez our Executive Assistant at 949-553-0100 to discuss the matter further. Once again, thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Irvine Marriott? Share your experiences!