“Soccer Tournament in Irvine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Irvine

You added Hotel Irvine to your Saves list
Hotel Irvine
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17900 Jamboree Road, Irvine, CA 92614 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Irvine)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Barbara, California
“Soccer Tournament in Irvine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very modern hotel with a lot going on. Hotel includes bar, restaurant and market so you can get whatever you need. We called and got better group rate than on-line and the hotel threw in continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Elevators are fast so don't be afraid to take a room up high.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for a 10 day business trip. It's clean, well decorated, hip and extremely convenient. The staff is excellent. (Even switched my room to an upgrade because of some excessive "noise" from my neighbors.) The hotel has a great little progressive restaurant, a very cool private bar with plenty of options for privacy. They have a 24 hour marketplace with every high-end food snack you could want. This hotel has been several high end hotels over the years, in the Hilton/Hyatt chain. Completely remodeled. I couldn't have gotten a better base of operations. Excellent.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Excellent location and perfect atmosphere for a business lunch. EATS Bar and Gill is the perfect meeting spot to conduct business while enjoying a delicious meal. The service was friendly, professional and timely. I would highly recommend. Can't wait to return with friends to try out the Red Bar Lounge.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Booked through hotels.com (poor service - last time I am booking through them). Arrived around midnight on a flight from New York. Were greeted by very loud dance music in the lobby and advised that the our room is unavailable. Were offered either a smoking room or a parlor room. Checked both: parlor room had ONLY a pullout couch to sleep on, smoking room had an unbearable stench. Left on a street in the middle of the night. Hotels.com person transferred me and then held me on the phone for 55 minutes.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Canton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I travel all over the world. We are in Irvine at least once a quarter. Normally we stay at the Marriott Irvine, however, due to some meetings, we stayed at Hotel Irvine from 5/18-5/21.....the worst decision we have ever made.

Because we travel often, we have come to expect certain things from a hotel. Hotel Irvine failed at the little things. This hotel is so poorly managed that I could not wait to check out.

There were some good things, so I will start with them-
-The Eats restaurant is very good. Great service and very good food. I would eat here again.
-The bed is comfortable

Along to the bad-
Transportation - before we left, we contacted the hotel about the airport shuttle. We were informed that it runs every 15 minutes. After waiting at the airport for 25 minutes, and no shuttle, we called and were told it's on its way. Ten minutes later, we elected to grab a cab.

Check-In - Upon checking in, we were told that Hotel Irvine uses texting for any service (room service, concierge, etc). We were told that we would receive a welcome text to set up the service. Never happened.

Room Service - This is the most poorly managed process. First, all food delivery options come from the Marketplace. This is their mini grocery store with pre-made food. We had several issues with this place. So, sit back and relax while you read the laundry list-
1. I attempted to place an order at 7am. Initially I received quick responses, then after a few back-and-forths, nothing. I texted twice more with no response and waited. I finally called down and placed my order. Why offer this service?
2. I guess I am a glutton for punishment, because I tried this again. This time, wanting to save some time in the morning, I placed my order before I went to bed. My order consisted of changing an item on the menu. I was told this cannot happen. See, all the food is made at 5am. The folks who take orders cannot talk with the folks who make the orders...interesting.
3. MENU!! Almost forgot...there is no in-room menu. You have to go to their website to view any menu. ?? AND - if you call and ask them about the menu, they cannot tell you what is on it...
4. The ultimate shock - Our last night, we had dinner at Eats then stopped by the Marketplace for some water. Behind the counter were six employees. The oldest of the employees, Robin, was ringing up some cigarettes for an employee who was standing behind the counter. As we walked up, we were not greeted by one person. All employees continued to do what they were doing. We heard Robin request someone open another register, but again, we still were not acknowledged. Robin then walks away from the register that we were standing at with our drinks. Not. one. word. We then voiced our opinions regarding her behavior. She raises her arms and says "You want to speak with my manager?" Not quite sure where this type of behavior is acceptable, but "service with a smiley face :)" is not what we received.

Bathroom - The shower enclosure is the awkward and poorly designed. The glass covers half the length of the tub but is otherwise open. Being average height, it was quite difficult for us to reach around the glass to turn the water on without getting sprayed with water and there is a constant breeze coming in while showering. In addition, there is not one hook to be found anywhere to hang wet towels.

Check-out - With today's technology, I'm not quite sure why we had to go down and check out in the lobby. Most hotels slip your receipt under the door.

Needless to say, we will be back to Marriott Irvine for our next trip to Irvine, CA.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

free breakfast is a joke the only thing the help wanted was a room # and a signature they had no concern that food was empty day 1 no butter for toast no napkins only decaf coffee went next door to the market for coffee day 2 ordered eggs and sausage sausage was raw inside after asking for mgr the waiter showed up did in 10 min did fix the problem days 3-4-5 went to the marketplace for all eats and drinks someone needs to be in charge of keeping things up in the freebreakfast area why even have it just give guests a voucher to the market

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I will start by saying that the only thing that I dont is that SOMEHOW my previous review disappeared. It was very negative in fact, so I wonder why I cant find it anymore.

With that said, I must say that this hotel has changed drastically. The customer service is better, the room are actually clean now, there is no more construction noise, the parking is much better... etc

Love love their marketplace!! so many choices even gluten free :)

I am happy I gave them another shot. They just need to add a freezer in their rooms... for some reason the refrigerator is not equipped with one.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Irvine? Share your experiences!