“Convenient for business.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Convenient for business.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite hotel when I'm in town for business. I can walk to my office after a cooked to order breakfast, included with the stay. The free shuttle goes to The District where a variety of restaurants are available. The shuttle also has airport pickup. This time of the year there are a lot of youth sports teams in the hotel. I was there for 8 nights. The housekeeping staff needs to clean the threshold to the elevator which had candy, etc in for my entire stay. That's the only negative. There is also a labor dispute with the housekeeping staff so I was greeted some mornings by protesters with bullhorns.

• Stayed July 2013
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear SCM1955, thank you for making the Embassy Suites Irvine you choice for Hotels when in town for business. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next stay.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks on a business trip and it fit the bill for that trip. The breakfast was good, the room was standard fare for an Embassy Suites. The location was ideal for me as I needed to go to an office within walking distance. The housekeeping was inconsistent both as to the time when they cleaned my room and as to how well they cleaned the room, what they disposed of, etc. In addition, the exercise room is too small, it has a couple of treadmills, elipticals and one recumbent bike. The one time I went there (5 a.m.) the only machine available was the bike.

The first weekend of my stay the place was overrun with out of control children visiting for a softball tournament. I am not sure there was much the hotel could do since the parents were spending their time drinking at the bar/restaurant while their kids ran amuck. If you want peace and quiet, I would inquire ahead of time as to whether any such groups are scheduled during your stay.

The food at the pub was okay and can be eaten either there or as room service-- I did like the ribs, but they kept on running out of them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking garage are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Irvine-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear PLW1358 - thank you for taking time to share your experience and we certain appreciate your two week stay. I'm sorry I somehow missed responding to you sooner. I wanted you to know that I've shared your comments (as we do with all comments) with the operations team and will certainly look at room for improvement. Summer is a very busy time for Irvine and our Hotel included. We do increase staff and security to manage the high occupancy. Really glad to hear the location within walking distance worked well for you and hope to see you back at the Embassy Suites if business brings you this way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a good hotel for business, but for family on holidays to have a couple of days escape it is not the best if you need some quiteness. We needed quiteness to get away from the city. I was hoping to go to the pool and it was full. Hope they can get bigger pools at least for weekenders. Only because everyone uses this Hotel for family weekends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your recent stay and comments. We are a very popular destination for families and youth sporting events so weekends can be very busy. We add extra staffing to ensure that we are meeting all guest expectations and satisfaction. We hope to see if back a the Embassy Suites next time your travels bring you back to Orange County.

Stanwood, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Terrible experience. We were rudely woken up at 6am by striking employees who were picketing, yelling, and using loud speakers. The police showed up and did nothing. The hotel also did nothing. This had been going on for days before and they didn't even warn us when we checked in. We got little sleep and were exhausted the next day of our vacation, ruining our plans. The hotel did NOTHING to make it right, barely even apologizing. No credit or refund was offered. Worst customer service and hotel experience of my husband I's traveling life.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Apple Valley, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel is right off the 405 and close to both Newport and Huntington Beach. The parking structure had low clearance so, if your vehicle is raised you may need to park outside. Reception was great. Breakfast was a bit crowded but, the food was good. Overall, exactly was you expect when you stay at Embassy Suites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Noel P, thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Irvine on your recent visit and glad that you found the location and services up to your expectations. We hope when travel brings you back to Orange County or you're just looking for a weekend beach escape that you'll be staying with us again.

san ramon,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great things about this hotel/location? entire staff is professional/friendly. Rooms are suites that include a microwave/refridge, fluffy towels, compfy beds, fantastic free breakfast (cook to order omelets, pancakes, French toast, yummy pastries, fresh fruit, home fries, good coffee, juice. and a happy hour with snacks. We traveled with our team of 20 teenage baseball players, other teams filled up the Embassy Suites. Security made sure all stayed in control. Things to consider; indoor small pool (beach is short 8 miles drive,) only 2 washer/dryers (big deal if traveling with sports teams~ smelling uniforms need washed daily!

Room Tip: OK, so, if you choose to use the pullout couch, here is a good tip. Put the couch cushions UNDER th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear luv2travelwithkidz , thank you for bringing your young atheletes and staying with us at the Embassy Suites Irvine. We're glad the Hotel worked well for the team and you enjoyed the yummy breakfast. Hope to see you next July.

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I tend to go back to hotels I like. I am a part time free lance writer and find I can write better in the peace of a hotel room.

The front desk staff is always friendly and cheerful. They accommodate requests quickly.

I get a two room suite when I stay. This time the only two room available was directly across from the elevator. I was a bit worried, but there were no problems at all. I could hear a few dings when the elevator was on the floor, but no other problems. The elevator does take a long time to arrive, plan on a few minutes waiting.

I stayed the fourth of July, and was delighted that the view from the eight floor afforded me a beautiful view of the entire Irvine skyline's firework display.

The room was clean, and neat. The sofas seem a little dated, made out of a velour type fabric. It was not the typical hotel room sofa, the fabric made it seem shabby, not modern. The fabric was a deep maroon color, but the arm cushions were a deep green. Strange choice, but as noted, the fabric itself was strange.

The tile in the hallway and bathroom as slippery when wet. The slippery flooring is a fall hazard, and I was very careful to dry my feet before stepping onto it. I worry that someone who is unsteady on their feet would fall. It might be easy to clean, but it was very slick.

Breakfast this time was not as impressive, there were two types of pastries, as well as coffee, tea, juice, oatmeal, fruit, bread and bagels. Hot choices such as eggs, bacon, potatoes, and a made to order egg/omelet station were available. I went down to eat at 6:30 so it was not crowded.

There was a child's softball group in town staying in the hotel, people from all over the country. This could have been a disaster. Hotel security was on top of any problems, keeping the children from playing in the hallways or with the elevators. As a result the hotel stayed quiet without a lot of ruckus.

Room service was prompt, the food was hot, the attendant polite. I order a cheeseburger and fries with a side of cobbler. The burger and fries were fantastic! The cobbler and ice cream was almost too small because it was so good.

This is my "go to" hotel because the staff is so wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jessicarbt , thank you for making us your "go to Hotel" when traveling to Orange County. I appreciate your comments and wanted to let you know that we are beginning a project to recover the suite sleeper sofas. Although they are just over a year old from our recent renovation the material is wearing to our standards. Over the next few months every sleeper sofa will be re-upholstered with a new better quality fabric. Thanks and looking forward to your next stay.

Director of Sales

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Irvine-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!