“Unsatisfactory stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Irvine
San Francisco, California, United States
“Unsatisfactory stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

During my stay I was so disappointing with not only the service but lack of sleep I experienced. We were placed in a room that had constant noise from a facility door leading to the outside opening and closing. This was a very important trip for us and not getting any sleep left a sour taste in my mouth. Many amenities were lacking to top it off. Even simple things like enough towels in the room or the "free coffee" at 8:00am. Often times we pick Marriott not just for work events and functions but personal trips as well. However, my experience here was so dreadful I do not think that is going to be the case. Around 7am the slamming door stopped and then a cleaning person decided 8am was the perfect time to vacuum outside my door. We decided to leave early to have a little bit of serenity in our vehicle. I spoke to the front desk during check out and could not even receive an "I am sorry" wrote the GM and no response. Terrible customer service that is not the way to treat paying customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
newport beach, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Good basic hotel for business or family trips and reasonably priced. The staff was very professional and friendly. Location is convenient, close to the 405 freeway. The late 2:00 p.m. check-out was a nice bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Jamboree.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Poggy2002,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in both our hotel and service and we are happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you with both.

We hope to welcome you back soon!
southern california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here last year for a work related training and the amenities were good.

It was very convenient and more affordable to get my beer and wine from the Irvine Market liquor store (2540 Main St) that was walking distance from the hotel. I bought a cupcake merlot wine for $8.49 and a 6 pack of shocktop beer for $8.99. So you can compare this to the beer/wine prices at hotel.

I asked the hotel for a corkscrew and they had that for me.

All and all this hotel was close to my training and the Irvine Market walking distance away made my 2 night stay pleasant. Next to the Irvine Market is a few cafes to eat at too. The front-desk was nice too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ecomango,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here in Irvine and we made your work trip a little more pleasent for you.

Thank you again! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Central New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Checked in recently and was pleased with the renovations, clean lobby, nice pool, rooms were decent (little loud with foot traffic above). I give it an average because when I checked in they gave me a key to a room on the 4th floor with a nice view, however, there were still people I'm this room! I did I a double take and opened the room again and was in some what shock. Went down to the front desk and informed them of the situation, they apologized and gave me a room on the 2nd floor but when i opened the blinds there were two huge trees as my view- Coming from NY in the winter, i just wanted a little SoCal sunshine and had originally requested a room with a view so I asked if they could move me to a a room comparable to the initial room and was told someone would be right up to give me new keys. Waited about 25 mins, finally tracked down an employee and he put me in a room with a poolside view. The front desk sent up a bottle water and a Naked fruit drink. What saved this from being a disaster was that they also gave me in a free beer..It's good for business trips but ill probably venture else where next time I'm in this area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear MrVD44,

Thank you so much for your review. Your feedback is truly appreciated. I apologize for your experience and I will be speaking with our General Manager to see what we can do to alleviate this situation. If you would be so kind as to contact me via email at cindy.han-reta@marriott.com, I would love to hear a little more about your experience.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Even though this and the other hotels in the area appeared to be sold out, I was able to get a reservation becuase of the Marriotts Rewards program. The price was very good and the location was convenient to SNA airport, but not too close to be noisy. The lobby has been updated with a modern design and has a good cafe for breakfast and light dinner. Very comfortable to hang out in as is the fire pit area in the courtyard.
Rooms were comfortable, but the bathroom would be small for more than one person.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms open on to the inner courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Corrine F,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your great feedback. We are glad you were able to enjoy your time here as well as save a few dollars! We take great pride in our service as well as our product and your review validates all of our hardwork.

Thank you so much and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here over a weekend night and it was very good for the purpose of our visit. A nice lobby and a nice bar... Breakfast was obviously for a fee only, free coffee in the lobby was provided ONLY for FEW hours (most of the time there was no free coffee in the lobby). Front desk receptionist was kind. Room space was very good, bed, aircondition and free WiFi were very good.

We reached the hotel by a car, did not fly in/out SNA. We picked this Courtyard hotel over the nearby SpringHill's because of a lower weekend rate.

On previous visits to this neighborhood, I wrote two very good reviews about the nearbt SpringHill hotel, however since then... the hotel raised its weekend rate.

Room Tip: A low rate for a weekend stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear marathon308,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of a few of our amenities while staying with us. We take great pride in both our product and service and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy both.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here after a late arriving flight at John Wayne-the Marriott was super expensive so chose this option, whose price point was reasonable.

I had to wait to check in as the desk clerk found an envelope for a guy (not a guest) picking up an envelope, going through seeing his ID and verifying info, etc. It was late and I found this not to be the greatest example of customer service.

Room was clean, but not as spacious as another courtyard I had stayed at several days before. In am had to wait for server at bistro about 5 minutes or so to show up; I don't find lax service such as what has mentioned to be out of the ordinary for Orange County, but this seemed to be systemic with every experience I had in the hotel; no one in too big of a hurry to help.

The price point is great, but it's not the closest to John Wayne, and also not the easiest to find or get to at night; located in what appears to be a combo business/condo development, you actually have to access through a point on Jamborree or down from the actual street address on Main. Probably won't be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear KLintheSEH,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of your feedback and I will assure you all of your concerns will be addressed with our General Manager. If you would like to address them with me candidly, I would be more than happy to dig in a little further on what we can do to better any future stays. You may contact me directly via email at cindy.han-reta@marriott.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Courtyard By Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel
Courtyard By Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
Courtyard Irvine
Irvine Marriott
Irvine Courtyard
Courtyard By Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA
Address: 2701 Main Street, Irvine, CA 92614
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Irvine
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Family Hotel in Irvine
#9 Business Hotel in Irvine
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County 3*
The Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport Hotel is an oasis in the middle of Orange County. So relaxing that you'd never guess how close this Irvine, California hotel is to John Wayne Airport, UC Irvine, and fantastic shopping at South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island. Inside, experience our new state-of-the-art lobby with flexible work spaces, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather, and airport conditions via our GoBoard®. The highlight of our Irvine, CA hotel lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides guests with healthy food and beverage choices in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Each guest room at this hotel in Irvine, California has been completely redesigned to provide a more welcoming stay. Aesthetic changes create a vibrant atmosphere that encourages creativity and the upgraded high-speed internet enhances productivity. Guests to our John Wayne Airport hotel are in for a comfortable stay thanks to our new improvements. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.