“Very good lunch experience” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Bloomington, Indiana
“Very good lunch experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had lunch here with colleagues from UC Irvine and it was very nice. The service for our group of 10 was outstanding. We had to make a flight and were able to get served and eat, and they called us a cab, all in less than 45 minutes for our large group. The food was excellent. I had a personal pizza with wild mushrooms and loved it. The other meals looked very good too. The ambiance wasn't terribly special -- just a big warehouse feel. But, overall, I would recommend for good food, service, and value.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Temecula, California
“Great Choice for Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was just along for the ride - had no idea where we were going - for dinner a couple of nights ago while attending a convention in Irvine, CA. What a great surprise! The choice of beers, while not overwhelming, was more then adequate for the craft-brewed beer afficianado. The menu was quite varied, but the portion sizes - as another review notes - were a little over the top. Can anyone eat a pound French fries? Really? The service was great and the staff was friendly without being intrusive. I'll go again!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dana Point
“Rootbeer On Tap?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Rootbeer on tap, how cool is that? Nice atmosphere, good appetizers.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A decent bar near UCI”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I checked this place out for a late lunch. I had the BLT and it was good. The only downside was the portion was HUGE, I'm still adjusting to American sized portions and this was just far too much.

The service was great and the server was very helpful and asked if I wanted a box, so I packed the BLT and took it away with me, but left the mountain of fries. I'm still adjusting to this box concept too, if I'm honest I would rather have a smaller portion & finish it on the premises.

They also have lots of TV's to watch sport and a great selection of beer.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orange County, CA
“Decent Chicken Sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was able to go by this place with my son for a quick lunch. Room is cool, I like the mix of booths, and tables with regular and arm chairs. Service was great, server was friendly, and prompt. She let just the right amount of time pass between taking the order, delivering out chili, and the meals.

The food was just above average. We started with a bowl of chili, medicore chili at best. I liked the raw red onion, but the chili itself seemed a bit watery and needed more cheese. The chicken sandwich had a nice soft bun and looked wonderful when delivered to the table. It was piled high with bacon and had a bunch of fries on the side. The cheese was melted nicely and the chicken had a good seasoning. The meat itself was a bit dry though. My son's mac & cheese was good.

I wish there was a 3.5 bubble to rate this place. The reason I would knock off a half bubble from my rating would be value. I hate it when restaurants charge for kids' drinks. These should be included in my opinion, or at least discounted. I was surprised to see on my check a "Kids Milk" charged at $2.95. Seemed a little pricey for a cup of milk. Overall though a nice lunch, but I wouldn't go outta my way to return.

• Visited November 2011