“Excellent Steak, of course.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 536 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Michelson Dr and Jamboree
Redmond, Washington
“Excellent Steak, of course.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

As one would expect, excellent steak, good service, and voluminous portions. A leisurely (but well attended) meal. Stuffed Mushrooms, baked Brussels sprouts sides also very good. The location is somewhat unusual, it almost, from the outside, looks you're headed into an office. From the inside, it's a high quality restaurant, of course.

Personally, I'd go for "medium" which is closer to medium-rare in some places, and maybe ask them to gently cut back a bit on the butter. This is, however, a question of style, not a question of proper preparation.

Even the leftovers were good for lunch.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Yorba Linda, California
“Great, small intimate Ruth Chris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We made a reservation for 4 people and requested a quiet area of restaurant because we had not seen these friends from Oregon in quite sometime. We had a wonderful table by a. Window. This is a much smaller Ruth Chris than we have been to in the past. We had the appetizer with Brie, fruit and some tasty bread. The dinner was wonderful and service impeccable.

• Visited March 2013
Niles, Ohio
“Wonderful Dinner....terrific Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The last time we were in the Southern California area we ate at Ruth's Chris in Irvine and we enjoyed it so much that we decided to make a return visit on this trip to the area. It did not disappoint! The food was wonderful and the service was fantastic. This area is very busy and the tables fill up quickly so be sure to make a reservation before you go. We have been to many Ruth's Chris Steak Houses across the country and this one is very nice...a little more crowded than some and a little louder but the food and service can't be beat! I would highly recommend a dinner here.

• Visited February 2013
“This Place Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Better make a reservation in advance because this steak house is ALWAYS full for dinner. Steaks are the best in the area and service is excellent. The sweet potato casserole is phenomenal. I hate sweet potatoes but this side dish is an absolute must try.

Sun City, Arizona, United States
“Was unpleasantly surprised!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I were vacationing for our wedding anniversary and had booked a reservation well in advance of our special night. When we arrived to the restaurant, we couldn't even find a parking place within 2 blocks, so we were forced to valet. Ok... that's fine. Once inside, we checked in with the hostess and (we were about 10 minutes early) and told we would be seated shortly. It was so busy, with a crowd of people waiting, and so loud! 45 minutes later, yes... 45 minutes.... we were finally seated. We were not drinking, so we ordered our food right away. Ruth Chris is a tradition for my husband and I on every anniversary, so we knew what was good (everything), and what we wanted. I ordered the larger Rib Eye, because they are thick, juicy, and flavorful. I also ordered the house salad and a baked potato, all of which are ordered ala carte. I was so disappointed when the food came.... luke warm, yet very over-cooked potato, and my steak was an uneven cut, so part of it was under-cooked, while part was over-cooked. It was on a searing plate, so the over-done parts were getting cooked even more. I did not want BAD food to spoil our dinner, so I didn't complain to my husband, who appeared to be enjoying his. I waited quietly while taking tiny bites, hoping the server would come back around and I could send it back. No luck there! We didn't see a server for more than 20 minutes! By then I was so done and over it! I choose to not say anything to ruin my evening with my husband on our anniversary, but boy did I have an expensive plate of garbage!

• Visited January 2013