“Good Indian Fast Food Place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #243 of 480 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Indian
Connecticut
“Good Indian Fast Food Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had been to the Natraj Restaurant in Laguna Hills, so when I was driving through the Quail Hill Village Center and spotted the Natraj Tandoori, I decided to go inside for a quick meal.

This location is really set up for "to go" business. They have a few tables and chairs inside and at the counter, they have an assorment of dishes available for quick meals.

I decided on eating in and ordered the Vindaloo Shrimp ($14) and a garlic naan ($3). They told me it would take about 20 minutes to make the dish and I said that I was in no hurry.

I sat down and about 18 minutes later they brought my order to me. It came in a foil container to use in case I wanted to take leftovers with me. I was given a heavy paper plate and a bowl of saffron rice.

The vindaloo sauce was very good and made for good dipping with the naan bread. There were plenty of shrimp in the sauce and they did not have the shells on the tails so I did not have to deal with that. The naan was quite large (almost a foot long) and was flavorful, but did not taste especially fresh.

I thought that this Natraj was adequate for a quick meal, but for fine dining I definitely prefer their place in Laguna Hills.

• Visited July 2012