We checked in for 4 nights while in Irvine visiting for the Sand Sports Super Show at the Orange County Fair Grounds. We have not stayed here before and after a bad experience at another hotel during last years trip we needed to find a different place to stay this year. This Residence Inn did not disappoint. We have stayed at other Residence Inns before and had great experiences especially because of their full kitchens provided with having our young daughter with us.
We stayed in room 527, a 2 bedroom suite that took very good care of our family of 5. The room was very clean, both bedrooms provided sufficient space and each had their own bathroom. Each bedroom and living area all had their own TV's which was also a very nice plus for having that many people and everyone always wanting to watch something different while we spent time in the room.
The breakfast layout in the morning was much more than most hotels and had a good variety of hot food, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee, cereal, fresh oatmeal and much more. The only problem was they ran out of things often and it did take a while some times to get things replaced for the large crowds in the morning for breakfast.
Free parking was also a nice perk of this hotel because most other hotels in the area charge to park per day, we were charged $20.00/day per car at the hotel we stayed at last year which really made us feel ripped off, so this was another nice plus the hotel provided.
Check in and check out were both smooth, however we were greeted at check-in with a "whats up" from Wes at the counter and treated rather rudely. After we checked in, we parked our car and got our luggage to bring in. While walking through the lobby we witnessed Wes being extremely nice to the couple checking in at that point (they were in their mid 40's dresses nicely while we are both 25 and just spent 8 hours in a car ride from Arizona, clearly we were not dresses in our Sunday best) We we took it up with the Asst. General Manager Jason who was very friendly, and said he would address the situation and apologized for the bad experience. After that Wes was very nice to us, which I imagine was because we complained about him.
Overall a very nice stay, the pool and hot tub areas were kept very clean and can complement a stay with kids, a trip for business, or a couple's trip. We would stay here again anytime and will be back for next years Sand Sports Super Show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays in California at the newly renovated Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County hotel. Just 6 blocks from John Wayne Airport and only 8 miles from Newport Beach, this Irvine hotel is convenient to everything in Orange County. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Orange County
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA