“Great Clean Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

You added Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County to your Saves list
Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2855 Main Street, Irvine, CA 92614   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Irvine
Maricopa, Arizona
“Great Clean Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We checked in for 4 nights while in Irvine visiting for the Sand Sports Super Show at the Orange County Fair Grounds. We have not stayed here before and after a bad experience at another hotel during last years trip we needed to find a different place to stay this year. This Residence Inn did not disappoint. We have stayed at other Residence Inns before and had great experiences especially because of their full kitchens provided with having our young daughter with us.

We stayed in room 527, a 2 bedroom suite that took very good care of our family of 5. The room was very clean, both bedrooms provided sufficient space and each had their own bathroom. Each bedroom and living area all had their own TV's which was also a very nice plus for having that many people and everyone always wanting to watch something different while we spent time in the room.

The breakfast layout in the morning was much more than most hotels and had a good variety of hot food, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee, cereal, fresh oatmeal and much more. The only problem was they ran out of things often and it did take a while some times to get things replaced for the large crowds in the morning for breakfast.

Free parking was also a nice perk of this hotel because most other hotels in the area charge to park per day, we were charged $20.00/day per car at the hotel we stayed at last year which really made us feel ripped off, so this was another nice plus the hotel provided.

Check in and check out were both smooth, however we were greeted at check-in with a "whats up" from Wes at the counter and treated rather rudely. After we checked in, we parked our car and got our luggage to bring in. While walking through the lobby we witnessed Wes being extremely nice to the couple checking in at that point (they were in their mid 40's dresses nicely while we are both 25 and just spent 8 hours in a car ride from Arizona, clearly we were not dresses in our Sunday best) We we took it up with the Asst. General Manager Jason who was very friendly, and said he would address the situation and apologized for the bad experience. After that Wes was very nice to us, which I imagine was because we complained about him.

Overall a very nice stay, the pool and hot tub areas were kept very clean and can complement a stay with kids, a trip for business, or a couple's trip. We would stay here again anytime and will be back for next years Sand Sports Super Show.

Room Tip: Any room would be a good choice here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
AZTraveler94,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to write great detail comments about our Hotel. We definitely appreciate the feedback so that we may grow and learn from them.

I am grateful that you did speak with me and that we were able to turn your arrival experience around and earn your five star rating. We take great pride in the Hotel and the level of service we provide. We will take your arrival experience as learning for the entire team to ensure that we provide the same level of service to all of our guests.

Once again we thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I come to Irvine 4 of 5 times a year and have been staying at the Springhill Suites. Decided on a change of venue and I'm not a fan of Residence Inns due to the pet-friendly aspect (got flea bitten in one a couple of years ago).

HOWEVER, this will be my new default hotel. First, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

I'm a Platinum with Marriott and frankly it's rare that I get a room upgrade. I showed up here early on a Tuesday and received an upgrade. The rooms are clean as is the hotel. It has a great out door eating and lounging courtyard area that is clean and well maintained.

Breakfast was good, parking is easy and there are areas to walk or jog near the hotel. This one is a winner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Tim H,

Thank you very much for the amazing comments regarding our hotel. I am so glad to hear that we are your new favorite. We take great pride in our hotel along with the level of service we provide. I would love to meet you the next time you visit, please stop by and ask for me.

Asst. General Manager
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am a frequent guest at Marriott properties worldwide and do travel to California at least once a month. This hotel is a good, clean property and has the routine breakfast spread. I chose it over the Hyatt in Irvine this past month. I think others should stay here with no hesitations. I think the rooms are small. My one observation is that the front desk did not even acknowledge my elite status or confirm that my reward number was on the reservation - something I am used to when visiting other Marriott properties. Needless to say, no upgrade was offered and when I inquired I was given a dray response - "we are sold out". A little warmth is always welcome. I am staying there again on 24th of this month - let's see how it goes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
1Biztraveler,

I want to start off by sincerely apologizing for not recognizing your Marriott Rewards Elite status. Marriott Reward Elite members are a huge portion of our business and we understand to maintain that loyalty we must show our appreciation. We have a recognition program in place that includes a spin on our Elite Roulette Wheel for extra reward points upon arrival and complimentary upgrades when available. I apologize you did not experience either.

I would like to use this scenario has a learning for my team at the Front Desk. Would it be possible for you to contact me with your name and dates of your stay? My contact information is below.

I thank you very much for your feedback and I truly hope that you allow us an opportunity to show you how we truly appreciate our elite members.

Asst. General Manager
Jason.cure@marriott.com
949-261-2020
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the great location of this property. just 15 minutes from Laguna Beach and Newport Beach. Close freeway access to 405. Restaurants and grocery shopping within 2 blocks. Hotel was clean and room was spacious with full size kitchen. Loved that there was a pool, sportscourt, and Bar-b-q grill. Breakfast included! If you want to go to Disney, that's only 12 miles away. I spent my time at the Beach. I would stay here again. this hotel even allows dogs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Travelmama62,

Thank you for the glowing remarks about our hotel. We greatly appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you the next time you visit the Orange County area.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is not your typical Residence Inn. It is an 8 story building. It offers complimentary parking which is a PLUS in this So Cal area. Also has complimentary WIFI with easy connect and a 40" LCD TV with adequate channel variety. The room was clean with nice color coordination. Walls appeared as if they had been painted recently. We had a studio room, kitchenette with full refrig and a microwave. We had a 3rd floor room which was relatively quiet, of course you can hear walking from above floor. This hotel seems to be a haven for people with dogs. Saw 3 large dogs in space of a few minutes being taken up to their respective rooms. Don't know if they have a special floor or not. There is a nice patio area with tables and fire pits. Monday-Wednesday the hotel has a hospitality hour from 5-7 PM featuring items such as hot dogs, chili, hamburgers, etc. Check out was done at the desk instead of Express Checkout. All things considered, this is a good inn for a good nite sleep.

Room Tip: A good choice if you want complimentary parking
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Travel447,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding our hotel. We are a very unique Residence Inn that is actually a custom build, which has inspired many of the newer “generations” of Residence Inns. We also take great pride in our evening social hour; we realize this is a great avenue for us to set us apart from the competition.

Once again thank you very much for the kind comments and we hope to see you again when you visit the Orange County area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The rate of $109 we got for travelling with our soccer club seemed too good to be true, but the room was perfect and with its own kitchen and dining table was a very welcome sight to a family on a three day soccer tournament. There is plenty of room for a family to feel comfortable and stretch out. This is the place to stay with kids.

• Stayed August 2013
Lolobugs24,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed their stay. We hope they the soccer team did well in the tournament! Hopefully we see you next year for the tournament.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a very pleasant hotel. It is intended for longer stays, but my wife and I were looking for a nice hotel at a good price for one night while in town for a wedding. Although we did not use the kitchen, the hotel was a very good value, and I would stay there again. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the room was clean. The free breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it is more than continental, so it did the trick. We hung out by the pool the next morning before checkout, and it was very relaxing. My only complaints were the thermostat, which does not have actual temperature settings (only "cooler" and "warmer" dial), and the slightly slow internet, but that too was free. The hotel is located right off the freeway in a very urban area, but the design contributed to a feeling of relative seclusion, and was quiet. This hotel has earned a good rating, and you will get a good room for the price whether you use the kitchen or not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul M,

Thank you very much for taking the time a writing a review about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and are very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay even though it was only for one night.

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding the A/C thermostat; this is definitely something we will look into in our next opportunity to upgrade.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing great feedback. We hope to see you again in your future visits to the Orange County area.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County? Share your experiences!