I originally booked a room at a great price ($86) at the Hyatt Regency across the street during a holiday visit with family. But we left after one night because we found the same price at the Residence Inn across the street. And unlike the Hyatt, which charges $19 a night for parking, there is no parking fee at the Residence Inn.
And unlike the worn carpets and outdated rooms at the Hyatt, the Residence Inn was clean and even had a sitting area and small kitchen. The beds were also more comfortable. And they had free wi-fi (again, unlike the Hyatt, which charged about $10 a night).
My only quibble is the breakfast buffet, which is overrun with guests and very mediocre.
Cost alone it was a no-brainer to move hotels. But what really won me over was the staff at the Residence Inn. When our daughter got sick overnight, they graciously moved us to another room and let us check out two hours later than normal the next day.
We will definitely be staying here the next time we're visiting Orange County.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- Residence Inn Irvine
- Irvine Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Orange County
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays in California at the newly renovated Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County hotel. Just 6 blocks from John Wayne Airport and only 8 miles from Newport Beach, this Irvine hotel is convenient to everything in Orange County. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.