“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Irvine
West Kelowna, Canada
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our first time at a Springhill Suites and we really enjoyed it. Unfortunately we only had one night. We arrived very early and I didn't expect to be given access to our room but we were which was great. The rooms are lovely and as another reviewer said, it is much more than just a room. Loved the separate toilet with sink, the walk in glass shower, the modern fixtures. The king size bed was very comfortable and the sofa and tv were all very nice. It had a fridge and a microwave as well. Convenient for shopping and the beach and the airport. Another lovely touch is that there are individual reading lamps on the head board which meant I could read while my husband slept. Great idea! The breakfast was very good, lots of choices, Lovely muffins too. The coffee was good. I can't think of a negative thing to say about this hotel. We were even given an extra hour after check out as our flight was not until evening. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room on the top floor faced the main road but it was very quiet with the windows closed. Perha...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. It was a pleasure for me to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm also pleased that you liked the breakfast, room layout and design. Many of our guest appreciate our separate toilet and shower bathroom concept.

Thank you for staying with us!

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Osos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We wanted a place close to Newport Beach but without the higher price. This is a well maintained property and the service was cheerful and prompt. It is close to the airport but not so close that the air traffic was a noise problem. It is a short drive to South Coast Plaza and many good places to eat and shop. You can drive down Red Hill to the Back Bay in 10 minutes and walk or jog as many miles as you like. Just take a left at University and park. If you want the full trip around the Back Bay it is about 9 miles.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Room was newly decorated. Lobby has the new spring hill decorating. Breakfast area was clean and roomy. Great free breakfast. Free parking. Close to airport and major highways. Will stay there again when I am in Irvine.

• Stayed April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed there for three nights from May 3 to May 6, 2013 and the hotel completely exceeded our expectations. This is the first time we stayed at a SpringHill Suites and we chose this property because its location was convenient to the places we needed to go to. At $115 a night, we didn't expect much but what we got blew us away.

The room is not just a hotel room. Our room is modernly decorated. It has a king-size bed, a separate living area with a couch and a workstation, a separate shower area, and toilette. Everything seems very new and clean. Since this location is near the airport and our room was on the third floor, we were concerned about airplane noise but we heard none of that. We slept well every night on the comfortable bed.

What else do we like about this facility? How about free parking, wifi, and an awesome hot breakfast. We did not have time to use the pool nor the exercise room so I have no comments on those. What needs improved? the elevators could use new carpet.

We would definitely consider staying at a SpringHill Suites next time we're on the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Bo C

Thank you for your very nice comments regarding your recent stay at Springhill Suites Irvine. As a person in the hospitality industry it gives me a great deal of satisfaction to hear that a guest enjoyed the room accommodations and service at our hotel. This means that "we did our job!)

Thank you for staying with us.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is not a resort, and not the focus of a family on vacation. Rather, it is for the business traveler on a moderate budget. In this category it is a home run. Clean and comfy room. Very good work space within the room. Lobby breakfast very decent, and "business center" (Here, just 2 computers and a printer) was in excellent condition. Health club is small. Pool but no hot tub. Free parking. Right off the 55 freeway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Motorhigh

Thank you for your comments and observations regarding our suites, breakfast, pool, business and fitness center. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. Our goal at Springhill Suites Irvine is to meet and exceed the hotel expections of all our guest. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback, as this lets us know what we are doing right and what we can do to improve our products and services.

Thank you for staying with us.
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I like my Marriotts and this normally is up to the task but this time around I am disappointed with my stay. For three days the room cleaning is to laugh at, blood on my ac unit, a piece of paper I placed on the floor stayed there are three days. What you might call leaning wasn't done until almost four in the afternoon. It bothers me to have a hotel with such a reliable name employ those who do not care to live up to the hotel name. Breakfast was decent although instead of individual milks they had gallons of milk. No offense but I am not interested in sharing milk. Checkin went well although they missed the chance to say thank you for being a valued guest of the Marriott team, that's okay I guess my status while it means quite a bit to other Marriotts I stay in simply doesn't matter here.

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter here since all the rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wkrupa

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Springhill Suites Irvine. Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting you hotel needs. Room cleanliness, guest recognition and correct breakfast items are very important operational areas and I'm working with my supervisors to correct these areas to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another chance to show you the fine products and services we offer.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here using Marriott Points

Pros:
Modern looking Springhill hotel
Excellent breakfast selection , plenty of seating which was good especially on a weekend
2 bathrooms in room, pretty typical for new Springhill
Nice outdoor seating
Nice staff

Cons:
none

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County? Share your experiences!