“Great place for kids” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Attractions in Irvine
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Pretend City, a non-profit organization, is an interactive children's museum that builds better brains through whole body learning experiences, educational programs and creative exhibits.
Costa Mesa, California, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Great place for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My kids love to go here and play. Some kind of imagination. You can pretend to shop, make your own lunch, play in the water ducks, a bank, grocery store and so much more. My kids loving playing here the entire day with the nanny.

Visited March 2013

Long Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
“Expensive and boring”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took my 9 month old son to Pretend City today for a baby steps group. The admission for infant is free but adult is $10 each ($20 for myself and my sister). They normally charge $12 per adult for admission. They let us stay for 1.5 hours. I think it's kinda small for children museum however I'd like to call it an indoor playground instead. The toys, props and play stations are pretty run down and dirty. Seriously they could have done a better job at cleaning or expanding the place. I will not be going back there again.

Visited May 2013
California
4 attraction reviews
“Great for little ones!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Fun place! My kids (now 5 and 3) had a GREAT time. It is what it says it is: a little pretend city. They occasionally change things up to keep it interesting for repeat visitors. My only complaint is the gift shop RIGHT at the entrance. Little littles (my then 2-year-old) didn't get the difference between random stuff you can play with to your heart's content and "no, put it back, I'm not buying it" stuff.

Visited October 2012
Orange County, CA
6 attraction reviews
“Perfect every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have a family membership and take our daughter there weekly. She always has a great time and the staff is great!

Visited April 2013
Orange, California
11 attraction reviews
“Great place for preschoolers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our kids love this place. We purchased the year pass so they could go more often. They keep it very clean. The kids run the city. Our kids loved the garden, the baby chicks and the water play. The people who work here are awesome, very engaged and help the kids and get involved in the play. The dress up and stage are a lot of fun. It is a great place for kids to just run around to each place and play. It tends to get busy in the morning as I can imagine most little kids still nap in the afternoon, so either get there when it first opens or get there a little later in the morning so it's less congested.

Visited May 2012