“Terrible Customer Service!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 536 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Japanese
“Terrible Customer Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We came here with my husband and had to wait which is not a problem. Then we see people before us getting a seat. As soon as the hosted saw that we didn't appreciate it he found us a seat right away. Then we waited over 45 min for our food while people that came after us got their good. Terrible experience Kanuki across is wayy better then this place. Don't ever eat here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Irvine, California
“great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

located in the Irvine Spectrum with new outdoor dining. we ate and drank so much! Food is delicious; and friendly, attentive service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Was more than surprised and delightfully satisfied with the quality and quantity of sushi we ate for lunch recently!!! Incredible value, friendly staff, look forward to coming back again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton
“EAT HERE ITS AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Ok I preface my review by saying that I don't eat a ton of sushi so I may not be the most qualified to comment on how good their sushi is. Also, when I do eat sushi, I tend to stick to the tamer California roll or shrimp tempura roll. BUT OH MY GOD THE SHRIMP TEMPURA ROLL WAS THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD. Whatever magic sauce they put on top and the tempura shavings made this dinner to die for. I will now forever be unsatisfied with the sushi I eat around home. And I am already a huge fan of ginger dressing but theirs was definitely the best I’ve had out of all the rest as well. Not to mention, everything was so affordable for sushi!! I think my roll (of 8?) and salad came to $11. Not bad at all. If you go to The Spectrum to walk around I HIGHLY RECOMMEND eating here!! My friend ordered something a little more adventurous in the sushi department and I know she loved hers and her miso soup as well.

Note: It's a small space and I can imagine it getting busy at a more touristy time. I don't know how large groups will fare.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Irvine, California
“Nice atmosphere, great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This restaurant is very beautiful, clean and friendly. The service is great and the prices are very reasonable for the quality sushi they offer. I recently moved to the Irvine area and have been looking for a great, local sushi restaurant to fall in love with. Operation Complete!

• Visited August 2012