Went to Soneva Fushi a part of island-hopping. Soneva Fushi has one of the best services, atmosphere, food, and water sports (non-motorized)!
Upon reaching the island, the guest relation officer of Soneva Fushi, Mr. Zaheed, gave a comprehensive introduction of the island as we toured the interiors of two of the villas and the beaches -- impressive!
Food was of superb quality -- it was well worth the money spent.
I was particularly impressed with the organic farm, as well as the resort's commitment to create a culture of environmental responsibility by adopting 'green' initiatives such as Eco Centro "Waste to Wealth" and eliminating the use of plastic bags on the island.
Had great fun with the water sports team as well. We sailed on a catamaran to the sand bank, canoeing and fun-tubing. Thanks to Hassan for teaching me Catamaran sailing and another staff (sorry I forgot your name... you mentioned that you stay beside the purple house on opposite the island) for the delightful chats :)
Thanks to the waste management manager, Mr Gordon, for lending me a helping hand during a cycling accident.
Although this was a short trip, it was one of the memorable trips I had ever had. Those were the small things that made a holiday wonderful, and nobody could have done it better than the staff whom I had met at Soneva Fushi. I will miss the Dutch bunny! And I will be back... Not as a day use guest, but spending my holiday in one of those villas!
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi
- Soneva Fushi Resort Maldives/Kunfunadhoo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soneva Fushi Resort in the Maldives, is the original desert island hideaway. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island – large by Maldives standards – with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory.Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles.The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Soneva Fushi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.