Boarding the seaplane at Male Airport feels like entering a movie scene. Adventurous and exciting. But relaxing and luxurious at the same time. Our role in this movie is a simple one. Just being there and enjoying our part is all we need to do. The scenery at Soneva Fushi is astonishing. Every day and every time of day reveals impressive surprises that make our stay unique.
This location contains so many things that just need to be explored! First of all the exquisite food that can be enjoyed at different restaurants that each have their own style and atmosphere. The attentive staff is always pleased to guide us through the menus that range from Maldevian, Japanese/Korean to Mediterranean. During the day one of our favourite places is Bar(a)bara. Here we lounge in hammocks that are located over the ocean and enjoy a fruit juice. Exploring the crystal clear waters with our snorkelling gear is a joy. All kinds of reef fish never fail to impress. Meeting a sea turtle and some juvenile reef shark are a great thrill as well. While enjoying another cocktail during sunset a group of frolicking dolphins completes the scene. What a day!
Our villa is located at the sunrise side of the island. It contains all luxury we may need and it fits the natural feel of the island nicely. Using the bicycles that come with each villa, all parts of Soneva Fushi are within easy reach. At night the paths are beautifully lit and a short ride through the rainforest leads us to the outdoor Cinema Paradiso. Another experience we'll never forget. Watching a classic movie under a star-lit sky is a perfect ending of another perfect day.
Lounging at our private stretch of beach is total relaxation. Some days that's all we do. No need to do anything else. Breakfast offers all kinds of buffets. Some croissants, a fruit juice and a great coffee is fine with me. But there's fresh fruit, pancakes, eastern dishes and so much more to choose from. During breakfast our Mr. Friday kindly asks us if we need anything today. He takes care of all the things we need. Today he only needs to make a reservation for the At The Beach restaurant where we'll enjoy the Japanese/Korean cuisine tonight. The rest of the day we relax…
Quite some more wind and a choppy sea. I shift focus, it's time for a little more action. Catamaran sailing is my choice. Since I'm not an experienced sailor and the winds are strong the Soneva Fushi captain accompanies me. It's going to be a rough ride. Great! Getting up to speed some impressive waves seem to send us straight into the sky. A little later we sail monohull and fly over the bright blue patches that dot the deep blue ocean. Keeping my balance and assisting the captain is exhilarating and tiring as well. Once back on shore it's already time for lunch. A fruit juice, please! That will do this time.
Soneva Fushi offers exactly what we're looking for. That real island feel that's so hard to find these days. We've seen some nice places around the globe, but this combination is unique: luxury, gastronomy, pristine island life and total relaxation. Let's visit nearby Nibiliga Island. This is another take in the movie we seem to take part in. Wow! Just another Soneva Fushi Experience with an even more intense island feel. Nibiliga offers a pure white stretch of beach, a beautiful lagoon, an inviting reef and an amazing lunch. Lunch..? Yes, a lunch at your own, private island. Arriving after a half an hour speedboat ride the staff sets up an extensive lunch while we explore the island. This means testing the loungers and looking for shells. When the table is set the staff leaves and we enjoy lunch. Nibiliga is ours for the day. Sipping a great wine we soak up the beauty of the island. Every single degree of all 360 is pure nature. Breathtaking…
Our role in this movie lasted for almost two weeks. Unforgettable! Postponing the moment as much as we can, it's inevitable. We need to leave the scenery we fell in love with. This includes putting back on the shoes we took off when we entered the scene. We'll miss the feeling of white sandy beaches and teak wooden floors under our bare feet. But we'll cherish the lifelong lasting memories we collected at Soneva Fushi. Thank you for that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soneva Fushi Resort in the Maldives, is the original desert island hideaway. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island – large by Maldives standards – with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory.Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles.The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Soneva Fushi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Resort Maldives/Kunfunadhoo