Soneva Fushi is the first luxury resort in Maldives which open since 1995, it might somehow becomes lack of luxury elements according to nowadays Maldives standard. However, new hardware could become vanished easily after certain years of time, easy to be copied or replaced. But the great service standard built up over decades could be long lasting, something really important to contribute a fantastic stay.
We stayed in Soneva fushi villa with pool (facing the west) and Crusoe Villa with pool (facing East) during our stay.
The Soneva Fushi villa no. 44 we stayed is just right opposite to a local island which is located at the west side of Fushi, the communication tower really made the view very unpleasant. If you prefer the sunset side, villa 54 to 65 will be better as they are much far from the communication tower. I attached a resort map with villa number for more details.
The Crusoe Villa no. 27 we stayed was at the other side and facing east, I personally like this side better. Most of the villa are just renovated, it looks brand new and we love the double stories design of Crusoe villa very much.
The rustic furniture and concept for all types of villas made us feel very natural, adapted to the real Maldivian environment.
The most interesting things are watching chickens, birds and rabbits running across your garden, we saw the kids are crazy for chasing them.
Food is delicious in By the Beach and In Villa dining. The Fresh in the Garden has a lot of praises on the reviews, we personally feel the food is ok, but the idea of having a tree house restaurant inside a jungle is definitely gorgeous. Don’t miss to visit the lovely washroom in the Fresh in the Garden.
The island is quite big in terms of Maldives size. It took us approx. 1 hr. 15 mins to walk around the whole island.
Its hard to define where is the main beach of the resort, everywhere of the island are beaches, beaches are everywhere, they are all nice. The most wonderful thing is to ride our own bike to go to the turtle beach and Dolphin beach, we feel we are the only couple who own the island.
Best Spa we've experienced in Maldives, the 4 hands Soneva signature massage is a must try item, we went 5 times during our 9 nights stay, so it tell how fabulous the massages are.
According to the dive center, the best snorkeling area is between the main jetty (Villa 26) and the Jungle Reserve (Villa 42), we reached the house reef just in a minute from the beach. It is definitely not the best one we've been, some of the corals are bleached, however, we saw many fishes, in terms of the amount of fishes, it is the top of the Maldives resort we've visited. I heard that the marine biologists did a hard work to rebuild / plant the corals and there are great improvement after our stay.
We booked 2 times of private snorkeling trip by speedboat, the sites they brought us are excellent, extremely beautiful with healthy and beautiful corals.
To conclude, Soneva Fushi has a team of very experienced management, service of every front line staff are impeccable and friendly, made us feel like home, from reservation, arrival to departure, everything is smooth and considerate from the guests' point of view. I tailor decor my villa by requesting an extra indoor dining table and chairs, "building" a hammock in my garden, placing additional 8 mosquito coils and keep lighting up all day, nothing is too trouble for them and they all fulfill my requests within a very reasonable time frame, even I went there during the most peak season of the year.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi
- Soneva Fushi Resort Maldives/Kunfunadhoo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soneva Fushi Resort in the Maldives, is the original desert island hideaway. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island – large by Maldives standards – with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory.Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles.The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Soneva Fushi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.