“A Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Near LAX

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Near LAX to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Near LAX
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4123 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles International Airport, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 30 hotels in Inglewood
“A Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We made a short trip to visit LA, The room was wonderful, spacious bathroom. facilities in room & bathroom were excellent.
it is good and safe. Staff were courteous., I prefer to stay in future visits.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A few nights ago, I missed my connection at the LAX Airport and was re-booked for the next morning. So I had to look for a hotel at 11:00pm and unfortunately, everything was sold out....except for this place. My choices were to spend the night curled up on the floor at the airport, or go to this hotel (and my better judgement lost).

I called the hotel for a pickup, and that's when I learned that their shuttle is actually provided by a company that charges $20 ($10 each way). The shuttle did arrive quickly though and we started driving down Century Blvd. I've stayed at other hotels along this street (but closer to the airport) so I figured that even if the property was more budget minded, it should be safe.

Wrong. The farther east you drive, the scarier it gets....fast. You go from an area with nice hotels, to a scary, poorly lit area with run down buildings, people lurking in the dark, and metal bars on the windows. When I arrived at the hotel, there were some people loitering, just sitting outside on the sidewalk, staring at me and my luggage. I quickly entered the office/lobby, which is protected with bullet-proof glass. The clerk was friendly enough and efficiently checked me in. I was VERY grateful that there's an elevator leading to the 2nd and 3rd floor right from the small lobby, since I was dreading having to walk back outside, through the parking lot in the dark to my room. I hate to admit it, but I felt very unsafe and feared being robbed.

The room was actually nicer than expected and it didn't match the overall appearance of the hotel outside or the unsafe feeling of the area. It's not necessarily a nice room, just better than expected. Soundproofing was lacking though, as I could hear my neighbors next door and upstairs. I noticed that part of the problem was that the door didn't seal with the door frame when closed and there was a gap at the bottom, so I could hear other doors opening and closing, people talking (sometimes screaming and cursing), cars entering and exiting the parking lot, police sirens blaring, and the occasional airplane overhead (which was expected due to the proximity to the airport). This went on ALL night long. What requires this level of activity late into the night is anyone's guess. I probably had a total of 2 hours of solid sleep.

I'd set the alarm for 5:15am, but I was wide awake at 4:00am and ready to get going. I called the front office to schedule a shuttle and left as fast as I could. By the time, it was all said and done, the cost of my stay was $110 for the 5 hours I spent there. I know it's LA, and it was literally the only hotel available in the vicinity of the LAX airport at that hour, but it was a ripoff. After my experience, sleeping at the airport, curled up on the floor at Terminal 4 didn't sound so bad.

I just can't believe that there are people giving this hotel excellent reviews and calling it things like safe and quiet, none of which it was.

Room Tip: Just don't book a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great short 2 night stay here, felt very safe, our room was very clean and the people were very friendly! Bed was very comfy, good TV as well. Would definitely recommend for such a great price the bathroom was also massive! Was an easy place to find, close to airport and highways to get to the city.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an older hotel but they have done a good job in remodeling their rooms. We have used this hotel for park and fly twice. Decent price and your car can stay for a week free. Then $5 a day after that. Easy access from the 405 freeway and they provide transit to LAX and back. We have used other hotels in the area from the Hilton down. The room was actually as nice as the one at the Hilton, if not better, because the room at the Hilton was getting rather run down with stained carpet and frayed edges. The Hilton may have an impressive lobby but we just need a decent place to lay our heads till our flight the next day. The Econo Lodge provides that for a lot less money.
The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it is in an older neighborhood, otherwise a 5.

Room Tip: We have been in the same room twice which is located the furthest from the street. Relatively quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Timesh_p, Manager at Econo Lodge Near LAX, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we work to ensure all of our guest are satisfied with their stay. Please feel free to call any of our helpful front desk agents to set up any future stays.

best regards,

Tim Patel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

An very affordable place to stay compared to the other hotels in the same area. Rooms were clean and relatively quiet, being in close proximity to the airport. I will most likely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I was a bit skeptical because of the location but the price and great customer service made up for it. Upon arrival I was greeted and received with a smile from the front desk I believe Ms.Vivian was her name. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The rooms were up to my standard. I enjoyed the cleanliness of not only the rooms but also the hotel in general. The pricing is very flexible for anyone looking for a great hotel that offers cleanliness, great customer service, and reliable staff. I would like to thank the front desk employee if I remember currently her name was Vivian. I was not thinking of staying in this hotel in particular but this women sure knows how to sell in the hotel business. First I want to start off by saying I immediately felt a sense of trust in everything she was saying I would be receiving as a customer, she was persistent but not too pushing she assured me this was one of the best hotels in town for the price. She was not wrong, I will tell you that. I would recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Near LAX? Share your experiences!