“DO NOT STAY HERE” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Near LAX

You added Econo Lodge Near LAX to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Near LAX
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4123 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles International Airport, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
carlsbad ca
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

When I came back from my trip to find my car was broken into (back window was broken out), my stereo was torn out, my ipod was gone, my battery was dead and my car was in shambles, I knew it was the risk of parking in the area. I assumed that since I paid for the parking and paid for the shuttle that there would be at least a little liability on the part of the hotel. After leaving seven messages with the manager, and contacting customer relations multiple times, I have not gotten a single call. DO NOT STAY HERE! At the very least I would expect my stay to be comped, but not even that, let a lone a return call.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

I stopped here for 1 night after I landed and was pleasantly surprised.
The rooms where clean and slightly dated.
The location isn't the best but it really isn't bad and is ideal if your looking to get a nights sleep and nothing more.
All in all I would stop here again and would recommended it too others.

• Stayed September 2011
Santa Maria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The Econo Lodge isn't fancy but it is clean, convenient and inexpensive. My experience seems to be the opposite of some other travelers - not sure why. My room was huge with a compfy king bed and updated bathroom. The staff were all very friendly -- the airport shuttle was prompt (within 15 minutes.) I will stay again when flying out of LAX.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Stay away from this place. The rooms are dirty, the surrounding area is infested with vagrants and the hotel seemed to be occupied by mostly prostitutes from the "gentleman's" club down the street.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

About the best I can say for this place is that is has a roof and beds. It's a LONNNG G way from LAX. It's dirty, staff is unfriendly, "breakfast" is shabby, beds are uncomfortable, barking dogs would have kept us up had we not been so travel weary. We waited for 45 mins for the airport shuttle, then finally gave up and took a $20 cab ride. This place makes sleeping under a bridge seem like a favorable option.

Room Tip: This place has no
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I have spent my life travelling for work so I have stayed in many different classes of hotel. I do not require much since for the most part I just sleep in the room.
For this trip I was going to be in the room for only 6 hours so I looked for the least expensive hotel near LAX that met all of my needs (No smoking room, close to LAX, free parking, internet access, breakfast, clean and safe).
This was such a dissapointment! The room was musty and dirty with poorly lit hallways. My first warning was when I went to check in and the front desk clerk was behind security glass (like in the bank)!
Never again. Stained ceilings, dirty phone and remote, spiders, broken lock on room door. I took pictures to post in my office to warn coworkers to stay away from this place.
This is the only hotel that I have ever slept in my bed fully clothed with all of the lights on!
Oh, BTW, that breakfast that they advertized.......a pot of coffee and a box of 6 donuts in the lobby!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

We booked this on line for 1 night stay before an early morning flight out of LAX. When we arrived, my young son and I, witnessed people hanging out in the poorly lit parking lot, and a loud disagreement being had by the front desk attendant and a woman outside her room. We went in to find the front desk behind the bullet proof glass, and I politely told the man we would not be staying since we felt unsafe. He was nice enough but told us there was nothing he could do for us, no refund. We left and checked into the Comfort Inn up the street.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Near LAX? Share your experiences!