“Terrible location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Inn Express LAX

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Inn Express LAX to your Saves list
Hollywood Inn Express LAX
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4300 West Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304 (Formerly Ramada Limited-LAX Airport East)   |
Ranked #16 of 30 hotels in Inglewood
Singapore, Singapore
“Terrible location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is not close enough to LAX airport to still calling himslef that...taxi fare is 20 USD (minimum) and they do not ofer any shuttle bus. Location is terrible (even advice for the taxi driver), Ingleood is a dangerous neighbourhood with gangs so highly not recommended to leave the place at night. The room was big but quite dirty and the A/C was very noisy.

Room Tip: Los Angeles hotels are expensive but it is worth to pay 30 USD more and sleep in downtown or look fo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is not a fancy hotel but it is very reasonably priced and very close to LAX and the freeways. I stayed here for two nights. Check in was fine and the front desk staff was very nice. The room was very clean, there was a fridge, TV, a large bed, and bathroom. Housekeeping came in and cleaned. No complaints there. Their is a parking lot, which is great and its all free. The only downside that I did notice is there are some unsavory characters that roam the grounds throughout the day. It's not as concerning during the day but it is a tad concerning especially late at night and if you are traveling alone. This is something management must address, if these people are not staying at the hotel. Not sure if maybe the hotel does long term rentals with certain guests. Overall, you do get what you pay for and as long as you know what you are getting into, you should be fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Vientiane, Laos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Don't wait for the hotel shuttle on arrival at LAX, unlike other hotels with a 30 minute shuttle interval service Hollywood Inn requires you to call on landing - this is difficult if you are an international visitor and do not have a US phone card. The return shuttle service is fine. Pool looked clean and useable. Bed was huge but far too soft - not good if you've got a back injury. Fruit and toast offered for breakfast which was a nice change from the standard diabetes inducing fare usually on offer in the States. Staff were friendly. I would consider staying here again if necessary however I will be avoiding LAX like the plague in future due to the insanely unhelpful and bullying attitude of airport staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

A friend and I drove to LA for a seminar that was beng held at the Marriott LAX. I was already spending quite a bit of money for all the usual things you spend money on when you travel, so we decided to try this hotel. I live in downtown Phoenix and love it, and my friend and I walked a lot in the surrounding area and never once felt that we weren't safe. It's in the city...it's not the hood or the barrio...it's just a pretty normal part of the city.

Now I am a FREAK when it comes to staying in hotels. I've seen too many Datelines with the damn ultraviolet light thingy, and I've found some pretty disgusting things durng my staying-at-hotels career, so I usually dress from head to toe so nothing touches me when I sleep. When my friend and I requested to see a room before we decided for sure, the front desk guy was very gracious and gave us a key to what would become our place to sleep for two nights. The room was much larger than we had expected (we once stayed at a hotel in Havasu for a timeshare presentation and there was literally a foot between the bed and walls. I am not kidding. No room for luggage, no desk, chair or anything extraneous.) and so, so clean. We checked everything out and we were both sold almost immediately. The shower worked just fine, too. The huge bed was so comfortable that we were both out within moments of our heads hitting our pillows. (Either of us could have slept on the sofa bed but decided not to when we felt how comfortable the real bed was.)

I had read the reviews and also I've worked in hotels before that advertised free breakfasts, so we weren't expecting much. But as another reviewer said, there are a ton of places rght down the street that you can go grab something a bit more substantial from.

All-in-all, it was absolutely perfect for us. Clean, clean, clean. Great maid service, too. (She picked up all my change that I had dropped rght before we left and put it in a cup, for instance.) If I ever go back to LA, this will be my place to stay, for sure. Yes, it's older. Yes, there isn't a ton of parking. But for the cleanliness factore, it was top notch! We survived!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. It is an older hotel, but it has all you need if you need a night to stay by the LAX airport. We felt safe. Good value for the money.Would returne here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Horrible, nightmare, not safe, not clean, not in a good location ,not a good service and it isn't so cheap. One of the worst choices of my life!!! Be careful, the area orotund the hotel is very dangerous. What else do you need to know? Are you going to try? You don't believe in me? Am I exaggerating ? GOOD LUCK! If you survive , write to me .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was looking for a hotel near airport cause I needed to be there early and it was the perfect for that, not the cleanest (old style) but really ok. I was thankful though I had sushi leftovers from night before when I saw the breakfast option.
I will definetely stay there again if I need to be close to LAX.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hollywood Inn Express LAX? Share your experiences!