“Good prices, clean rooms, but a bit far away from touristic areas.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 30 hotels in Inglewood
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Good prices, clean rooms, but a bit far away from touristic areas.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I traveled to LA to do some sightseeing and to visit touristic places like Hollywood, etc. The hotel rooms were spacious and clean, room rates were very reasonable and the hotel had parking facilities which was a plus.
The only thing that did not go so well with our trip was that the hotel was quite far away from touristic places. Since we had rented a car this wasn’t a huge issue, but next time I would definitely look for something a bit more centric.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Good staff, four fast-food joints within walking-distance from the motel. Nothing fancy, but close to LAX and affordable. Good place to get some z's near the airport. Or if you're a gambler, you can walk across the street to Hollywood Park. I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed 3 weeks(yes three weeks) at the Rodeway Inn-Ingelewood recently and I had a very enjoyable stay at this motel. I had a smoking room which was clean and fresh when I arrived, there was no foul odor as some others have mentioned, so I don't know about that. Also the bed sheets and bedspread were fine , no problems at all. The staff was pleasent and friendly and could not have been more helpful(towels etc). As far as the area around the hotel is concerned, I travel to L.A. five to six times a year and always stay in the Inglewood area (Rodeway Inn, Ramada LTD, Econolodge etc) and I have never had a problem, no has ever looked at me crosseyed and I walk to the McDonalds and Church's Chicken, Burger King etc.. I also like the fact that there is a major shopping center just a ways down Inglewwod Bivd. Granted it is not Beverly Hills but all of the folks I have interacted with have been friendly and helpful. I think some people make too many negative comments about the area without really knowing it that well. The Inglewood Police are also very polite and helpful especially to tourist and business travelers and they maintain a high presence.
And finally about the noise from the jets that some people complain about, well what do you expect when you are less than 5 miles from LAX , I personally never even noticed the jet noise.
All in all this a very decent motel I will stay here on my next trip to L.A.......Robert

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I spent two nights here and was a little concerned after reading recent reviews (I booked my room prior to recent reviews being posted), however I am glad I stayed.
Room - the room was very big and so was the bathroom, a lot bigger than I expected! Everything was clean (including the sheets) and no bad odours (I stayed in a no smoking room). No bed bugs. Free fast wifi was a bonus. Was very happy with the room.
Location - as a young female traveling alone I was concerned about the area & my safety outside of Roadway, however I sent my days at the nearby shopping centers (about a 10min walk) and at no stage did I feel unsafe. Having said that, I never ventured out at night so not sure of safety at night. There are a fair few shops nearby (including Target, Marshells, Ross, WSS, Costco and many more), I was generally out at the shopping centers from 10am-3pm, so there was enough for me to do in 2 days to not get bored. There are plenty of fast food restaurants within walking distance. Being on a main road there were some sirens (ambulance, fire, police) and being under the flight path you can hear some planes, but being a heavy sleeper this wasn't an issue for me. Bus stop just outside, although I never caught the bus so not sure where it goes.
Staff - staff were friendly and very happy to help with anything I needed.
All in all I have no complaints. Great value for money! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you are travelling in a low budget, have a car to move around, and don't really mind the area, you might consider this hotel.
For starter, the hotel is old, in general.. a little uplift couldn't do any harm, However, in general, the room was clean. We've got a suite, that was in the second floor. There was a TV area, dinner area, with fridge and microwave (that I didnt used but it looked really old!!), bathroom and the bedroom.
The staff at the front desk was really nice, as well as the service maids. I actully looked when they were cleaning after some other guests mess... so they actually care on the cleaning.
In the morning they have some pastries, bread, juice and coffee, however you will need to take it to your room as there is no sitting area.
The only thing I was not so sure about, was the area where this hotel is located, as you can hear at night the police patrols going and coming... but, is LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

stayed there for one night. sheets had stains all over, however, the staff was quick at replacing them - should pay more attention when cleaning the room.

also the room is terribly in need of a dust job- there were really thick layers of dust on the flowers, the cupboard etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We chose this hotel based on reviews here. The price and location were right. The staff was friendly and anxious to please and we were impressed by the size of the room. But, the spread and blanket on one of the beds in our room had stains on it. They could NOT have been clean. We tossed them and used only the sheets. No, we did not complain to the management, though I'm certain they would have tried to remedy the situation. It was late and we were tired. The other problem some travelers might encounter is that although the room are on two levels, those on the second floor are accessible only by stairs.

Room Tip: If ambulation is a problem, insist on a ground floor room.