You added Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10300 La Cienega Boulevard, Inglewood, CA 90304 (Formerly Hampton Inn Los Angeles International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved staying in this hotel. The bed was comfortable, very clean bathroom, free WIFI and breakfast daily. The only thing is, it's not close proximity to trains or buses so you will need to hire a car to get around which is good as parking is free. Also, there is only one lift which is also used as a service lift in the morning so it gets frustrating waiting for it around breakfast time. It's not the Hyatt but if you are looking for a clean value for money hotel close to LAX, this is it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woodstown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The bathroom of the first assigned room was locked from outside and also refrigerator was locked. The height of our bed was too tall and could not get on by myself although in advance I asked the height of a bed and the hotel told me that it is low but it was not. We asked a stool but they even did not try to look for it and immediately declined our request. There were only one chair for two people in the room. Eventually they moved us to other accessible room. The refrigerator was locked and there was only one chair in the room again. After we requested, they brought one chair for us. We never seen this kind of hotel where there are only one chair for a couple. We do not want to come back again.
Only breakfast and shuttle bus service were good. .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingatebyWyndhamlax, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
First off I would like to give you an apology for your stay. When you read other reviews of this hotel you have brought up issues that have never happened to us before. The Guest beds are at a standard size, and the handicap beds are lower, so if height is an issue please choose the Handicap room next time. I am concerned about your “refrigerator locked” comment as there is no lock on them? I am glad that you got the extra chair; these can always be brought on request. Thank you for the kind words about our breakfast and shuttle. I have understood that you will not be staying with us in the future, but if you do change your mind I can assure you we can learn from our mistakes
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted by warm staff. There was very good parking and easy to find. The breakfast was decent and the rooms were spacious. It was very easy to get to and from the hotel because of where it sits. It helps to have a car when traveling because it's about 30-40 minutes away from theme parks.

Thanks to the staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel close to LAX and I-405. There are a lot of hotels on Century Boulevard closer to LAX, but after seeing the amount of traffic on Century I'm glad I chose the Wingate. Traffic on La Cienega was never inconvenient.

The hotel shows its age in some minor ways, but the rooms have obviously been recently remodeled. My room was spacious and had plenty of drawer space and bathroom space. The free breakfast was comparable to hotels in the same class. The parking spaces are quite tight, but they seem to be the standard size for Los Angeles. The parking lot filled up every night I was there, but there was always plenty of space in the garage below. I had no problems with noise either from inside the hotel or from the planes and traffic outside. Outside noise was audible but much too low to be disturbing. Free parking, wi-fi, and breakfast. The bed was soft and comfortable. Even with all the lights turned on the room was a bit dim, so it probably would have been difficult to work if this were a business trip.

If you use an Android GPS, Google Maps has the hotel in the wrong location. It's on La Cienega Blvd. just north of W. 104th St. There is a median in the road, so you can also use S. Irwin Court to go in the back way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Given that I had never heard of a Wingate, I certainly had misgivings when I made reservations here upon the recommendation of a colleague. No need. For four nights, this facility, located just off site of LAX and very close the the 405, met and, in some cases, exceeded my expectations! "Just call us for shuttle instructions when you arrive", right, you bet. It was true. I called and received explicit details on the shuttle, for which, I waited no more than 10 minutes. Check-in couldn't have been easier upon arrival. The room was clean with a microwave and refrigerator-perfect for all my needs. Couple these findings with a delightfully comfortable bed, and you begin to see my high rating. While there were times it seemed the sun in my my window was blocked by jumbo jets, this room was incredibly quiet. Water pressure was great, hot water plentiful and the iron was clean and didn't scorch my clothes. Amazingly, the on site gym had treadmills, free weights and a Precor machine! The in-house snack shop was woeful but no matter, you are just a few moments from a gas station food store. I would have enjoyed a beer and a bag of something at the end of a long day but I'll get over it. No cork screw at the desk! The neighborhood was well trafficked and I never felt less than secure. The road to and from the airport was totally and safely walkable and contained plenty of food opportunities. Breakfast at the hotel was fundamental: cereals, toasts, yogurt and a varying selection of sausage and eggs on the steam table along with some fresh fruit; seating was accommodating and the area was vet clean at all times. While I didn't use it, there was on site parking and I frequently saw security personnel. Shuttle to the airport at the conclusion of my stay was as efficient as the first. A great place and I will likely stay here again on my next business trip. Bravo Zulu Wyndham!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!