“If you call front desk at 3am to ask about your bill, you'll be called a nuissance with more than one question. Then not extende” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX

You added Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10300 La Cienega Boulevard, Inglewood, CA 90304 (Formerly Hampton Inn Los Angeles International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is what I experienced of front desk dr. Jekyll mr. Hyde. A real trouble maker at front desk, refused me my folio unless I was first checked out. Dispicable. Gen mgrr got me folio thereafter but did not stop this nasty nut who waited until GM was gone to not extend. Watch your back here.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed at Wingate by Wyndham at LAX the night before a flight home. After getting caught in rush hr. traffic when we arrived 5 days prior, we thought it would be safer to stay close to the airport the night before we left.

Wingate was easy to find, right on the 405. It was a quiet evening, arrived about 9:30 pm, didn't see many people out and about. We liked the room. We had a king bed (SO comfortable) and a sofa with a pull-out bed. Our room was clean, and the bathroom also. The AC cooled the room off in short order. Only complaint was that we couldn't get power outlets on the desk to work, so we had to charge our laptop and phones on the nightstand.

We went down for breakfast (complimentary) the next morning. They had western-style omlettes, cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels. Nothing fancy, but adequate.

There was free parking available. We were pleased with our stay. Room was $103 for the night, before tax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel has not fully transitioned from a Hampton Inn. Arriving at LAX after 30 hours of traveling I called the hotel to have the shuttle bus pick me up. The hotel did not answer. My girlfriend was already at the hotel so I called her cell and she tried to get someone to answer at the front desk. After numerous attempts, someone finally answered and agreed to send the shuttle bus. I was told to stand under the red sign, marked Hotel Shuttles and watch for their bus. After another 30 minutes I called the hotel again. Again, no answer. Finally a driver runs up to me...he had parked in the blue zone about 200 feet away. And worse of all - it was a Hampton Inn shuttle - no sign of any kind indicating a Wyndham Hotel. The driver said they were waiting for management to paint it. This hotel became a Wyndham FIVE MONTHS ago. Over an hour from LAX to the hotel!! - a ten minute drive at most. The final insult in the morning was to go outside to take the shuttle back to LAX and there was the bus with its hood raised and fluids dripping onto the ground. The hotel did pay for a taxi for us...another wait! I stayed her many times when it was a Hampton Inn and I am sure this would not have happened if they were still in control. And, the Hampton would have waived any charges if this happened I am sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Loma Linda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I spent a night here when I was able to get a room at my regular place (last minute things are not good). While the surrounding area is not that nice (on La Cienega, south of Century), the Wingate was a pleasant surprise. It is just north of the runway approach flight path, but noise was not much of a factor. Wyndham has recently taken over a former Hampton Inn. Parking (as of 7/2011) is FREE, with a combination of street level and underground parking. My room (I expect this applies to most or all) was recently refurbished, as was the lobby and breakfast area. Check-in was simple, pleasant and quick. To get to the elevator, there is a bit of a walk from the check-in counter, down a hallway and around a corner. The elevator is actually centrally located to serve both check-in and the underground parking. The elevator is a bit dated, but functional. The room was a decent size with a king-size bed, an easy chair and ottoman, a desk, night stands, dresser, TV, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was firm and comfortable. The one gripe I had with the room was that there is no outlet to plug into near the desk. The only one there is taken up by the desk lamp and the TV. They do have free Wi-Fi with decent speed. The room is cooled by a wall unit that I did not need to use. The closet is stocked with hangers and has an iron/ironing board. The bathroom is a nice size, with a new vanity, toilet and shower/tub. There were adequate towels and toiletries. I was initially confused the the "volume control" on the shower valve, which is actually what switches the water from bath tap to shower head. The breakfast (included although not mentioned when I made my reservation) was decent. The morning I was there it included pre-made omelettes, sausage links, juice, coffee, muffins/bagels/bread, cereal, milk, a waffle maker, etc. Maybe I was in a hurry, but I do not recall seeing fresh fruit. The breakfast area was a good size with adequate seating. I did not need or use it, but the hotel has a shuttle to the airport. Overall, this was an above average place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This hotel is completely remodeled from April 11'. It use to be a Hampton but now is Wyndham. This hotel is spotless. Everything is sparkling clean from the lobby, to the hallway, to the rooms and the bath tubs. Flat screens, refrigerator, and microwaves in every room. I was impressed with the attention to every little detail. Some reviews made comment of plane noise, let me address that... I was on the approach side of the hotel and was watching planes land thru the window and heard nothing. The hotel is about 2 miles from the airport and has free parking, and plenty of it, unlike the other hotels which charge $20 +. Lastly the area was safe and quiet, for those concerned about what kind of area they're staying in, which I always am,and they even have a nightime security guard for good measure. This is definitely a 3.5 star after the remodel. Save your $ and stay here.

Room Tip: I always get top floor to avoid people stomping around above me, never fails.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fishers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed two nights at this hotel (former Hampton) the renovation and transformation to a Wingate by Wyndham is awesome. The lobby, rooms and outside are clean, fresh, and well appointed. I would recommend any former guests to check it out like I did.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The Wingate by Wyndham at LAX (the Los Angeles Airport) was a pleasant surprise. It was formerly a Hampton Inn, but it is obvious that Wyndham is taking pains to upgrade the rooms, which were very nicely and tastefully decorated. It was my understanding that renovations are still going on; however the room I was in was very clean, very nicely remodeled--including the bathroom--and had new furniture. The carpet was very clean, so I assume it was new, too.

The Wingate is very close to West Century Blvd, which takes you directly to the LAX terminals, which are about 2 to 2.5 miles away. So this is very conveniently located for anyone looking for an airport hotel. It is also located right next to the 405 freeway, which runs north-south in the western L.A. area and the 105 freeway, which runs east-west in the central-southern end of L.A. It's not terribly far by car from Marina del Rey, either. So it's conveniently located as a base to get around the south-west-central portion of Los Angeles, which is just as well, as there is nothing of interest in the immediate area, which seems to mainly be a light industrial area.

Positives:
1) A light continental-style breakfast is provided.
2) Free Parking! This is a wonderful perk for any hotel in the L.A. area! And there seemed to be plenty of parking! The parking area is patrolled occasionally by an onsite security guard. But it is Los Angeles, so don't be lulled into a false sense of security anywhere! Don't leave anything in your car!
3) Convenient base of operations
4) The bathroom was large, had a large basis, and an extended, man-sized toilet! This may seem like a strange thing on which to comment, but any normal-sized man who has had to use the tiny toilets in many hotels will tell you how nice a touch this is!
5) The bathroom was supplied with high-quality Neutrogena products. These are very good products for bathing.
6) There is an exercise room.
7) The beds in my two-bed room were queen-sized, which is much better than the standard (narrower) beds found in so many hotels. The beds were comfortable, though not the best hotel beds I could think of, but they were fine.
8) Staff was agreeable and perfunctorily polite.
9) There was a refrigerator in my room, which is always a nice touch.
10) There was a small closet with a door, which I prefer to open closets.
11) There was a room safe, which I feel all hotels should have.

Negatives:
1) It is an older building, so the physical plant in the public areas shows some age. However, the renovations being carried out by Wyndham have made such issues rather minor. They have done a good job of making this older hotel look much younger. And, as I said, my room was beautifully done and quite pleasant to be in.
2) The hotel is close to a landing route for one of the runways of LAX; you can see planes landing just to the south of the hotel. Some airplane noise does come through. But IT IS AN AIRPORT HOTEL, so if you have to stay in an airport hotel, this is to be expected. But the airplane noise was in no way overly loud or did it in anyway disturb our sleep.
3) The immediate area is a bit sketchy, but they do have security and staff on site.

The price was excellent, the room was comfortable, the bathroom is large and clean and the parking is free. This is a good value, airport hotel. It will be on my list for future consideration.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!