“For sleeping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX

You added Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX to your Saves list
Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5101 West Century Blvd, I-405/San Diego Freeway at the West Century Blvd exit, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Camp Pendleton
“For sleeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here recently and was very happy because of the proximity to the airport, for what it's worthy one shouldn't expect much or bring food or drink, no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms even if its requested just a small one that they'd ave at the front for everyone staying there and one microwave on the first deck to use. But apart from those things there are fast joints whether you turn left or right out of the parking lot. So to answer your question would I stay there again maybe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I called to see if they had a shuttle to the airport they said yes, I asked if they can please send it because I was already at the airport they said one was on the way! 30 minutes passed and still no shuttle so I called back and again they said one was on the way. An hour and a half passed and I was tired of waiting so instead I decided to walk from LAX!! I call and made a reservation before I came in, I told the front desk agent that I would be there in about 20 minutes. He got my name, email, phone number and my credit card number. (I work at a hotel so I didn't mind sharing this information I know how it works) well when I arrived to the hotel, my reservation was not there so where did my credit card information go!! When I checked in I asked for a room with one king size bed non-smoking for 2 people instead they gave me two queen size beds non-smoking! I go up to my room (Rm 626) and it reeks of marijuana, of course all the signs on the door say "no smoking" when I finally go into my room there was no towels, no soap and hair on the bathtub walls. Housekeeping knocked on my door and handed me 1 towel (for 2 people?) Of course I didn't complain because I was only going to freshen up and leave assuming they would put all the towels in. When I came back from my outing security was waiting by the elevator checking names (which I thought was pretty good) But My 2 days there I did not receive housekeeping service! I had to use my ONE dirty towel the whole weekend. Very upset.

• Stayed May 2013
Grundy, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel because of its convenient location to LAX/our rental car return location. I told her that with Motel 6 hotels it's 50/50...you never know what you're going to get. Nevertheless, it looked nice from the outside, like a larger chain motel that Motel 6 had bought out, so we checked into a king room. The carpet in the hallway upstairs was stained, and we had a non-smoking room but it smelled immediately of smoke when we walked in. My wife pulled the bedspread back on the bed and found a pair of shorts and other unmentionables made up in the bed. I spoke with the manager, who was more than gracious about allowing us to change rooms, this time to a two queen. We go into this room (non-smoking that also smells like smoke) and I immediately see a bug crawling across the desk, then one crawling on the side of the desk, and when I pulled the bedspread back on one of the beds, a bug was scampering across the sheet. At that point, I told my wife that we were leaving even if we had to forfeit the price of the room. We returned to the front desk with our luggage, and I told the manager what had happened and that we just wanted our money back. They promptly refunded our money, and we went to another hotel nearby. The staff was very nice and didn't give us any kind of run around, but we definitely would not recommend this hotel to others (especially families!) on cleanliness alone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night for an early morning flight, and while it does have a free airport shuttle and no reported bedbugs, I would never stay there again. We checked in late evening, and the desk clerk had both of us show our ID--apparently they have a hooker problem? We asked for an early wake up call, which never came. The clerk the next morning said yes, a wake up call was written down, but it did us no good since he didn't call us. The room had a burn from an iron in the carpet (ironic since there was no iron or ironing board in the room. The carpet was nasty, there was no soap in the bathroom, and no coffee pot. The night desk staff were very nice, but this hotel is awful. It is not worth the money, and if this is an example of Motel 6 standards, they should be ashamed, and this one needs a remodel in the worst way! My first and last experience with Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2013
Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was also clean. Nothing to complain about for one night prior to an early flight. Minutes from car rental return and airport.
We would stay there again. Arrive early for best rooms.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucester Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed at this motel before leaving LA. Just minutes from LAX with free shuttle to and from. 9 story motel - probably not built to be a Motel 6. Staff at front desk was friendly, helpful and efficient. No problems checking in. Really a clean room with large bath room. Comfortable bed, coffee in the lobby. Pay Wi-fi and a pay PC in the lobby to print your boarding passes. Twenty to thirty dollars cheaper than neighboring hotels. Plan on staying there again in Oct.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Caliente, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I know that this is merely a Motel 6 but this place is absolultely nasty. Sadly circumstances beyond my control didn't allow for staying at another place. Room was dirty, smelled and the bed was terrible. The lobby was so/so. Nothing to rave about. I assure you that this won't happen again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Travelodge Hotel at LAX
Travelodge Hotel at LAX
#113 of 339 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 stars 1,335 reviews
Value Inn Worldwide
#8 of 30 in Inglewood
3.5 of 5 stars 161 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX? Share your experiences!