“WOW!!! Never again!!!!!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX to your Saves list
Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5101 West Century Blvd, I-405/San Diego Freeway at the West Century Blvd exit, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #18 of 30 hotels in Inglewood
Caliente, CA
“WOW!!! Never again!!!!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I know that this is merely a Motel 6 but this place is absolultely nasty. Sadly circumstances beyond my control didn't allow for staying at another place. Room was dirty, smelled and the bed was terrible. The lobby was so/so. Nothing to rave about. I assure you that this won't happen again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rexburg, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Dirty rooms, toilet wouldn't flush, no shampoo. I felt disgusting and didn't want to sleep on the nasty bed.
I work at a 5 star hotel doing Housekeeping and front desk, so I understand how hard it is to run a hotel and clean rooms etc. But, it was freakin ridiculous how nasty the rooms were. Unvacumed, nasty bedding. Dirty sheets.
I only prayed that the people who stayed in the room before me last were nuns and not druggies or sex addicts.

Room Tip: Dont stay ever!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The WORST hotel I have ever been to, it was dirty, ugly, and disgusting. We were staying for one night only; the minute we walked in the room we decided to leave and find something else but it was after mid night. So we had to stay and since the blanket was so nasty we slept in our cloths with no blankets. Funniest thing: there were no shampoo!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Luton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Motel 6 is located immediately east of the 405 on Century Boulevard, a mile or so from LAX. It's a rare M6 with interior corridors. Check in was quick and friendly, and the 2 lifts are remarkable spacious and efficient.

Rather a lot of curious staining on the hallway carpets, but the rooms seemed clean enough, certainly on a par with other Motel 6 properties I have stayed at.

I had heard some stories of 'dodgy characters' hanging round this M6 but the hotel has overnight security checking the rooms of everyone who enters. They were quite insistent so that is very reassuring.

Large free car park makes this hotel an attractive option compared to the big brands at LAX who fleece you for parking.

It is difficult to bring myself to rank this hotel as I've stayed in enough Motel 6s to know they aren't the height of luxury but generally get the job done.

Room Tip: Suspect they are all much of a muchness.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Watsonville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

For few years we had been traveled to LA on Xena convention and other occasions always lived in this hotel. The things I love most of this hotel are - they allow pets and we travel with our chuhyahya all the time. They have very good isolation and noise from other rooms does not bother us. Also it is very easy to transport our things from the lobby up by elevator and they clean.

Room Tip: good rooms are with windows inside the yard
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kamloops
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Upon entering the lobby I thought the hotel had a chance however the rooms were disgusting. Our check in and checkout was quick and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. However our room stunk like smoke and old carpet, the bathroom was disgusting with mold and mildew growing in the shower cracks. The air conditioning was so loud we ended up just opening the window and dealing with the road noise. I didn't notice too much airport noise but we stayed here Christmas eve and didn't get in until late so the airport was most likely pretty quiet. Wouldn't stay at this motel again, though I would still use the Motel 6 chain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Qingdao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If not for my flight arriving LAX @ 5pm, I wouldn't have bothered to stay at Motel 6 LAX. It was 15% more expensive than the other Motel 6 I moved to the next day.

I just didn't wanna drive the 105, 710, 10 freeway to the Motel 6 @ El Monte

the Motel 6 at LAX had stinking carpets. The TV was the old 80's type Cathode Ray Tube curved panel (even older generation than the flat panel CRT TV's)

Motel 6 LAX seems to be caught in a time warp.

It is perfect 1-niter for many travellers (many refugees) staying their 1st nite in the US

for them Motel 6 is better than the Hanoi hotel

the little luxury was that bathrooms were clean; hot water available at an instant

this was what Motel 6 was during the 1984 LA Olympics when Tom Bradley was Mayor & Carl Lewis won 4 Olympic gold medals !

The liquor store opposite Motel 6 across the street had 2 Afro American transients waiting outside; don't go there

Conclusion: the carpet stank & the air con was so loud, it would've woken a dead cat. I turned it off

the early morning sunrise with incoming flights from East Coast or Europe made a postcard view.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX? Share your experiences!