“You get what you pay for but this was a stretch...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX

You added Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX to your Saves list
Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5101 West Century Blvd, I-405/San Diego Freeway at the West Century Blvd exit, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Kamloops
“You get what you pay for but this was a stretch...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Upon entering the lobby I thought the hotel had a chance however the rooms were disgusting. Our check in and checkout was quick and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. However our room stunk like smoke and old carpet, the bathroom was disgusting with mold and mildew growing in the shower cracks. The air conditioning was so loud we ended up just opening the window and dealing with the road noise. I didn't notice too much airport noise but we stayed here Christmas eve and didn't get in until late so the airport was most likely pretty quiet. Wouldn't stay at this motel again, though I would still use the Motel 6 chain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Qingdao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If not for my flight arriving LAX @ 5pm, I wouldn't have bothered to stay at Motel 6 LAX. It was 15% more expensive than the other Motel 6 I moved to the next day.

I just didn't wanna drive the 105, 710, 10 freeway to the Motel 6 @ El Monte

the Motel 6 at LAX had stinking carpets. The TV was the old 80's type Cathode Ray Tube curved panel (even older generation than the flat panel CRT TV's)

Motel 6 LAX seems to be caught in a time warp.

It is perfect 1-niter for many travellers (many refugees) staying their 1st nite in the US

for them Motel 6 is better than the Hanoi hotel

the little luxury was that bathrooms were clean; hot water available at an instant

this was what Motel 6 was during the 1984 LA Olympics when Tom Bradley was Mayor & Carl Lewis won 4 Olympic gold medals !

The liquor store opposite Motel 6 across the street had 2 Afro American transients waiting outside; don't go there

Conclusion: the carpet stank & the air con was so loud, it would've woken a dead cat. I turned it off

the early morning sunrise with incoming flights from East Coast or Europe made a postcard view.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We ended up in this hotel, because we were on airline staff tickets and didn't get on our flight. This was the only hotel that had a room left, and in the end we wish we'd camped out at the terminal instead. There are a lot of dodgy characters about. The carpet is revolting, we kept our shoes on, there were cockroaches in the bathroom, and we found pubic hair on the supposedly clean towels. You get free local calls, however our phone didn't work. There was a musty dirty smell to the whole place. We paid $67 and I can only say it worth nothing close to that. We would never stay here again, and only stayed the first time because there was nothing else available. There are a lot of better places available near LAX for not much more than we paid at this place, and they usually include wi-fi and breakfast.

The only bright spot was that the staff were polite. Not helpful, just polite.

Room Tip: Tip... Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Motel 6 really has a terrific reputation for running very efficient, low-overhead places, and this property was certainly low overhead. A bit too low, though.

Several specific things were wrong. The door to my room only closed if you really, really pulled it. I did not realize this the first time I left the room, and the door remained unlocked. It was difficult to get it locked from the outside when leaving the room.

The plumbing was terrible. The water in the sink barely came out with enough pressure to get you wet. The shower head just drooped so the only way you could get wet was by either using one hand to hold the shower head or standing directly under it. Once you got wet, the (single) towel provided was so small and so old as to be unusable.

I did not pay the extra fee for wifi, so I do not know how well it worked.

When I returned to my (no smoking) room at night, the smell of marijuana in the hallway was so strong I thought I was going to get high myself. In fact, when I entered the room, I could still smell it. I was traveling internationally the next morning, so I moved my clothes away from the closet near the door because I didn't want the smell to be alerting customs authorities.

Check-in/check-out was smooth, there is a lot of parking, the location near LAX is fine. But with all the problems, consumers should know that there are lots of options (either farther out Century Boulevard from the airport, or near Imperial Highway in Inglewood) that provide much better service and quality for a similar price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Daytona Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is filthy, carpets look terrible. No security and no safe anywhere for valuables. Beware of vagrants on grounds. I was afraid to leave my room except to go to the 7-11 across the street; also a rude place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. The Best Western next door is more expensive but nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel stays ever. At 1:00 am, I awoke to bumps and welts on left arm. When I turned on the lights, I found the culprit - a very brown, very full bed bug. We immediately packed up, demended a refund (which they gave) and got as far away from there as possible.

Don't let the price fool you. Avoid this hotel at any price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Unfriendly staff: the first room I was was given was occupied by someone and the front desk did not believe us before calling the room ! The second room smelt so bad I was obliged to use my spray deodorant to stay. The worst hotel I have ever visited

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Travelodge Hotel at LAX
Travelodge Hotel at LAX
#111 of 340 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 stars 1,332 reviews
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 30 in Inglewood
3.5 of 5 stars 161 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX? Share your experiences!