“Dirty-Unsafe Place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX

You added Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX to your Saves list
Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5101 West Century Blvd, I-405/San Diego Freeway at the West Century Blvd exit, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Daytona Beach
“Dirty-Unsafe Place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is filthy, carpets look terrible. No security and no safe anywhere for valuables. Beware of vagrants on grounds. I was afraid to leave my room except to go to the 7-11 across the street; also a rude place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. The Best Western next door is more expensive but nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel stays ever. At 1:00 am, I awoke to bumps and welts on left arm. When I turned on the lights, I found the culprit - a very brown, very full bed bug. We immediately packed up, demended a refund (which they gave) and got as far away from there as possible.

Don't let the price fool you. Avoid this hotel at any price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Unfriendly staff: the first room I was was given was occupied by someone and the front desk did not believe us before calling the room ! The second room smelt so bad I was obliged to use my spray deodorant to stay. The worst hotel I have ever visited

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bountiful, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I got here late with several family members. The crowd was a little "shady" but there was an armed guard in the lobby which made me feel better than a typical walkie-talkie rent-a-cop. There was no shampoo in the bathroom, just a small bar a soap. I had spent the whole day at Disneyland so I was exhausted and slept great--no problems with noisy neighbors. For about $60, this location was perfect because it was so close to the airport and rental car locations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
merced
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been in the hotel industry for over 25 years and have stayed at many different style hotels over the years, but this hotel had the worst customer service, the hotels 3rd floor smelled of mold and marijuana. Room 308 show curtain did not fit in the tub so when you took a shower the water went all over the floor. I have stayed at many motel 6's over the years but this was by far the worst and I would never go back. No continental breakfast, no fridge, no microwave, it was low class and cheap. Microwave for guests use was right outside the elevator on a old stand. The pool area is nice and away from the hotel but closes at 9pm...I can understand if it was next to the rooms but it was away from the rooms. Security officer standing outside the hotels elevator made you feel like your were in prison. It's just a low class motel 6. I would never go back.

Room Tip: Our room 308 was dirty, smelled and was overall crappy
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We landed in LA very tired and had to wait a day for our friend to arrive. We booked into the Motel 6 and it was fine for the price. It is basic but if I wanted excellence I've of booked into a more expensive hotel. Staff were lovely and Domino's delivered very quickly!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Too get away for the weekend with the kids, we decided to use this facility. The pool was the only moment of decency. Outside of that, its trash. The hallways smelles like marijuana, the lobby was full of vagrants, and the service was poor. We were inconvienienced because of an error the trainee clerk made, and they kept threatning to put us out. My kids were stressed out, and by morning, they (after they kept my kids on egde all night) had the nerve to come knockin on the door early! And I couldnt book another crappy nighg due to their error. My kids were devasted and upset. This hotel sucks! And they really need to stop slandering motel 6 good name. They didnt leave the lights on for us,....at all. I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone but pimps and prostitutes, since thats who hovered in the lobby mostly. Four thumbs down!!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX? Share your experiences!