“Convenient, But with some issues” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oxnard, CA
“Convenient, But with some issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed there May 31 to attend a nearby meeting. There are three or four rather poorly designed parking slots for check-in. When they are full, you wonder what to do since you are blocking the one entrance to the hotel.
Check in was fast and courteous. We asked about getting a quiet room and were told they were to the back of the hotel without a view. We opted for a room with a view of the pool.....however we had to look sideways out the window to see it. Oh well it was too cold to swim anyway.
We were told we had to use the room key in order to operate the elevator. However it was not needed to go from the underground parking to the lobby.
The room (422) was clean and roomy but there were no pen or paper and the WiFi was really slow at 2PM. Management, when we were checking out had asked about the stay and were apologetic that housekeeping had not restocked the room with pens and paper.
All in all it was average and OK for an overnight stop. Oh yes, they provide a free breakfast which was adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Blackwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Of my many years in travel, my one-night's stay at this facility is one of the worst ever. To make matters worse, I am an elite member with BW Rewards. The purpose of my stay was one brief night between flights, arriving night and leaving early next morning. I prepaid my room on the BW website several days in advance. When I arrived at 11pm due to my flight delay, I was informed my reservation was cancelled because the credit card was declined. No effort was made to contact me during the 3-4 days prior to my arrival informing me of such. The desk clerk told me he had NO rooms available and would not contact BW customer service. Told me to use my cell phone. Upon my insistance, he finally called customer service. After talking to customer service, the clerk magically found an available room, which was a suite. About 30 minutes transpired before I got to my room. While the suite was clean, the noise penetrating from the adjoining rooms was loud and disturbing to my sleep, which means the facility is too aged.. Jacuzzi filling with water, jacuzzi during operation, toilets flushing, sink water were all loud and penetrating the walls from adjacent rooms. Next morning, I asked to see the manager and was told he wasn't available. After checking out, I filed a complaint through corporate customer service, and the manager of the facility wrote me and would not adjust my bill because I was given an "upgrade." I had to phone and file another complaint. Fortunately, customer service was apologetic and agreed to adjust my bill. The only saving note of this facility is the breakfast, which was plentiful and good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Paris,France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

we have tried many hotels in the L.A airport area over the years and this one is the only place where we did not hear the planes.The rooms are large,very clean,well equipped and the beds are excellent.Breakfast is really nice,with hot items and hot waffles too. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is very clean but basic. We found the room to be sufficient though we had to move due to ants coming out of the air conditioning unit. We thought that we may be compensated for this as we had to make a room change which meant re-packing our things as we were staying for 4 days. No compensation of any kind was received or even offered. The staff are all very pleasant and a credit to the company. Perfect stay for a night but not any longer.

Room Tip: Dont accept room 421.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My mom and I were in LA celebrating our birthdays for a week. The rooms were nice and spacious. The daily housekeeping service was very good and the staff at the concierge desk, especially Reyna, was very resourceful. The breakfast was good it served it's purpose to get you started for the day. However, it's approximately 30 min from the main LA Tourist attaction which may take a toll on you during a lengthy stay driving back and forh.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the above hotel for a one night stop over near the Los Angeles airport. Courtesy phone at the air port terminal ensures that the shuttle bus picks you up. The reception at the hotel was friendly and efficient. Our room was large and well maintained and we did not experience any noise from outside. Free computer access allows boarding passes to be printed. There is off road parking. Breakfast was not lavish but satisfactory. While the neighbourhood is a little run down there are several restaurants nearby. We ate at a Mexican restaurant 50 metres from the hotel. It did not look too inviting from the outside but the meal and service were above average. Lots of music and great food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!