“Getting around L.A.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Markham, Illinois 60
“Getting around L.A.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I use the Best Western Airpark hotel on Manchester in Inglewood when I go to visit my grandson who lives in Los Angeles off of LaBrea and Slauson. Even though it is right down the street from the landing flightpath, the rooms are not noisy. I have stayed at the Best Western Airport hotel on Centinela a few times, I like the BW on Manchester better and have stayed there the most over the years! I've learned to use public transportation and where to park for free (mostly at the Jefferson Blvd metro stop). I do rent a vehicle and have ridden my motorcycle from Chicago once, I mostly ride the metro because the stops are located conveniently around major attractions and neighborhoods. The Expo/Park stop is great to go see the shuttle Endeavor and whatever else they have going on. On the same campus is the African American Cultural Center, a real eye-opener! Reminds me of this great little museum I visited in a town called Robbins, Illinois, the Robbins History Museum on the corner of Lawndale and 139th St., didn't know so many movie stars, athletes, doctors and the original starting pilots of the Tuskeegee Airman came from there!!! Got sidetracked...lol. I eat breakfast at the Serving Spoon restaurant on Centinela past Beach Street; lots of stars eat there, but I've never approached any, they don't know me and I don't know them! I also eat at Pann's restaurant off of LaTiera and Centinela; scenes from the movie "Pulp Fiction" were shot there and sits opposite a nice strip mall. I sometimes eat at 'Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles' across from the Airpark hotel and if you are a motorcyclist, bikers do show up on Saturdays and Sundays, but you can also find a group at the Starbucks in the LaTiera mall and there is a Chase bank there for us out-of-towners from Illinois who are familiar with Chase. I like traveling the various Metro lines of Los Angeles because you can really get around town with their various transfer points and they all go to some or many points of interest!

Room Tip: for whatever reason, I seem to end up in room 218; not every time, but several as of this last stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lance P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Gregory C,
We at the Best Western Airpark Hotel would like to thank you for your business, as well as taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with. We are truly pleased to hear that you were fully satisfied with our services, and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

i stayed 2 nights, a Friday and Saturday. the room was very clean, bed comfortable. hotel is on a busy street, so there is some noise. there is plenty of parking, safely off street. continental bkfst.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lance P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Customer,
We at the Best Western Airpark would like to thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. It is from our customer's insight and experiences that helps us accommodate to our customer's lodging needs. Thank you for your time and business.
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel was one of the best we stayed in during our trip accross the USA (we stayed in 17 hotels so we can compare :-)
Room and bathroom were big enough, nice and clean.
Breakfast was definitely the best we had in USA hotels.
Staff was very nice and friendly. Transport to the airport was perfect, driver was talkative and friendly. We could also use transport to the car rental company.
We would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lance P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Petra182,
We at the Best Western Airpark Hotel would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. We are truly pleased to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and look forward to taking care of your lodging needs in the future.
Yucca Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was very pleased to find this hotel where we could spend the night, leave the car in a safe place and get a shuttle to and from LAX. There were few hotels offering this service. The shuttle driver was on time and courteous and we were also able to eat a breakfast, when we returned early in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lance P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Viva N,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide insight with about your recent stay with us. We at the Best Western Airpark Hotel take pride in providing exceptional customer service as well as a overall comfortable lodging experience for our customers. Once again thank you for your time and business, we hope to able to serve your lodging needs in the future.
Palm Springs, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Although I had an ideal where I wanted to stay near LAX and near Fox Hills Mall (Westfield Shoppingtown). I droved down Manchester towards the 405 freeway I notice the AirPark Best Western. So, I decided to give them a try, man-o-man I hit the jackpot, the staff at the front desk was very helpful, quick and efficient, the room was noticeably clean. The only thing that I frowned on I was on the end next to the 405 and believe me it was loud, as I got closer to the window I notice the window was open as soon as I closed it all the noise left with it! I was happy again and then I realized that right across the street was a well known soul food restaurant. Of course after I got settled in my room I made a trip across the street. If you're looking for a place for 1 or 2 nights I recommend this place highly, and just like all Best Western's they have nice breakfast bar.

Room Tip: Although the window blocked out the noise from 405 if you're a light sleeper, request a room awa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lance P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We are truly pleased to read a review from a guest who had was fully satisfied with our products and services. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your time and business.
Bakersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The bathroom sink was backed up/very slow drain
The bath as well! There were no small bottles of lotion or shampoo! Only a soap
This was my first stay here! I stay at BW ALOT was DISSAPOINTED this stay

Muchele

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lance P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Customer,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We are truly sorry about the inconveniences that occurred. It is from our customer's input that helps us recognize the facilities and services that need improvement. We have looked into this matter and have made sure are products and services are up to our customers wants and needs. Thank you for your time and business.
Unalaska, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I needed a place to stay for the night and when i arrived at this location the service was great. Front desk were very nice. Lady at night was helpful. Bed was ok.

if you need a place for one night i would recommend Airpark. The service makes you feel welcomed. Area is ok not on top of the line. Rooms are good. It is loud because of the area so if you are a light sleeper make sure to ask a room away from the freeway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lance P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Customer,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Best Western Airpark Hotel. It is from our customer' insight from customers like yourself that helps provide exceptional service and leads us in the direction for improvement. Thank you for your business and we look foward to seeing you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel? Share your experiences!