“Worked well for stop over” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Pictou, Canada
“Worked well for stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

A variety of Front Desk staff went out of their way to provide great service - prompt early check in healed my jet lag. They also helped me to select a couple of tours which I could take from the hotel that fit my interests. Any recommendations they made were spot on. I booked an extra night on my way out because of their friendly hospitality. The included breakfast had hot, cold and fresh fruit. Comfy bed and pillow selection - room had no issues. I was travelling solo and felt safe. Airport shuttle has convenient frequent runs. I would stop over here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: 4th floor room facing back was quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed for one night after getting into LA very late at night. The beds were clean and comfortable. The room was very dark and dingy feeling though. The outside atmosphere is rather dirty too. The breakfast was AWFUL!!! I have never seen meat and eggs look so bad. The kids ate cereal and I had a bagel, so that was something at least. I guess all hotels in LA are spendy, but I felt the cost was too high for this dingy hotel. On a plus side, the staff were polite and checked us in quickly and the parking was free. We slept, ate and left.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

After a very long cruise of six weeks we were wanting to stay somewhere overnite to catch our plane back home to Australia. We picked the Comfort Inn near the LAX Airport because it had a free shuttle service to and from the airport. There was no waiting at the airport they picked us up straight away. When we arrived they were extremely helpful and advised us of their daily rates as our flight home was very late or if you don't want to pay the extra they will accomadate you with a place to leave your bags. Also close by there is a shuttle to Manhattan beach which is a nice spot to spend time while waiting for your flight home. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfy. We took a room with two queen beds and the choice of pillows was a great idea. They also have safety deposit boxes at no extra charge which we found very handy due to the exit doors facing outside. They also give a very nice help yourself breakfast with is include in the price. This is a lovely cheap and cheerful motel close to the airport and just what we needed although the area is not five star we felt quite safe there.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 3rd floor there were 2 other couples travelling with us we were all happy as you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had read mixed reviews but I still wanted to give this hotel a try, so I booked a four-night stay. Before arrival, I had to make some changes to my reservation and the front desk agent kindly helped me with that over the phone. Upon arrival, I drove a rental car and parked on site at no extra charge. When I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in a very spacious suite, with a sitting area, a comfortable king bed, a separate desk nook, and three large windows for extra natural light. The TV set was large, probably 42", with OK picture quality. Some channels were snowy but that is more likely an issue with their cable provider than the hotel itself. The Wi-Fi was fast enough for basic internet browsing, but not fast enough for movie watching on Netflix. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel so I cannot comment on it, but I know it was offered for free. The check-in and check-out processes went smoothly, and the staff members were nice. The location is adequate, very close to LAX airport, Manhattan Beach; and offers easy access to the freeway. I strongly recommend renting a car because LA is very spread out, and the hotel is a good starting point to explore the metro area. The only real negative is the bathroom fixtures and lights, which could use an update. All in all, I would definitely come back next time I am in Los Angeles.

Room Tip: Corner suites have more windows than regular rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Based on overnight stay, elevator with outside access to room. On entering comfortable separate sitting area with sofa, microwave, fridge and flat screen TV. Bedroom with vanity sink and mirror. Each time we sat on the bed the headboard hit the wall. Good size whirlpool tub unable to use the jets due to our late check in. Swimming pool one level below our room. Driver of courtesy shuttle was very pleasant to chat with. Estimated 15 minutes drive to LAX airport. We were the only departures. Female Front Desk agent friendly, but lacks experience we could have had a major problem. Thank you Abdul.

Room Tip: Near to 7-11, Laundromat, Mexican restaurant, Pizza and Liquor stores. The Manager will go over and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

March 24, 2014 – Convenient overnight stay in route to California adventure.
Older hotel near LAX in need of renovation. Clean rooms, nice beds and clean bathroom. Our reservation was for a NON-smoking king bed. When we arrived we were informed they were full and only had one-king smoking bed available. Other choice was a two-bed NON-smoking room. After much discussion we agreed to the two-bed NON-smoking room at half the price. Management was very accommodating.
Breakfast was included with sausage patties, scrambled eggs and the normal continental breakfast accompaniments.
Plus – close to LAX and shuttle provided.
Minus – website stated to use hotel phone bank located in the airport to request shuttle. However, when we called no one answered. We had to call the main number to arrange the shuttle.
Hint: Try and stay near the elevator, otherwise rooms can be a distance away especially when toting luggage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The bathtub had oil in it and was clogged up, there were bed bugs in the bed, and the bed linen was dirty with hair, dirt and dried up blood on the pillowcases and sheets. There was smudged make up on a pillow case, the room smelled, there was food left in the refrigerator from previous guests, the note pad on the desk was written all over by previous guests and there were several roaches in the room. The floor/carpet and furniture in the room was dirty. I have a disability and the elevator was out of order. I had to walk to the next building to use the other elevator, which was extremely dirty. There were people outside of the door fighting making a lot of noise and the people upstairs were very loud. The hotel lobby also had a foul odor. Manage Abdul never responded for my request to meet with him face to face nor did he return my calls regarding this matter.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel like Sheraton.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport? Share your experiences!