“very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Lima, Lima, Peru
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

i don't know what other people have experienced. i had previously stayed in CI Orlando two years ago. so i decided to stay in CI LAX for a family holiday.
for me this hotel is very good . the rooms and the service were perfect.
i would return with no doubt.!!!

Room Tip: rooms at the level floor give easy access to breakfast
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brian1978_063, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites LAX. We are very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. Also thank you very much for being a loyal choice hotels guest and we look forward to serving you on your future visit to Los Angeles.

Best Regards,
Brian Ahir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
sacremanto ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

checked in to hotel found heating/cooling unit not working, called brian who was extremly helpful but unable to resolve the issue and informed unit will be replaced next day. left window open then smell of marijuana smoke from parking lot made us close the window, was like sleeping in a steam room. Took my internation guest to attractions and came back to hotel at 9:20 pm and unit not fixed, called f/desk after 30 minutes engineer came up with brand new unit and stated "there is something wrong with this units" and trying to explain the wrongs....hello i manage a hotel so cut the crap. next morning went for breakfast at 9.05 am stood on a line which is normal but reaching the breakfast items no eggs were left few sausages. at 9.10am informed staff to get some eggs so i can make egg sandwiches and was told "WE WILL BE CLOSING B'FAST IN 20 MINUTES SO WOT EVER IS LEFT IS LEFT WE WILL NOT SERVING ANYTHING ELSE. went to f/desk to inform of wot happened in b'fast area and ANGIE if m correct with the name stated " its like 20 mins left for b'fast to over m really sorry but yes wot ever is left out there." took 2 pieces of bread, yogurt, banana and a cup off coffee to take up to the room approached to the elevator a black male came up with a back pack and said wot room are you going to i stated 2nd floor, he came in to the elevator and wen 2nd floor came he asked " you not getting off, i said you first and he grabbed my plate and tried to run away. i lost my left over b/fast. my family who was visiting from international asked me wot kind of a GETTO place is this. i went to my room packed my clothes and checked out at 10:30 no shower nothing just to get out of this place. was a security issue for me i guess. Ended up at denys for b'fast i paid $159.59/nite. Mr. Brian You are great but your staff needs customer satisfaction training. stayed 2 times b'fast issue both time the same, guy at b'fast needs to know b'fast time ends at 9:30 anytime b4 that is b'fast time no exception. and please take the ice sign off if no ice machine on that floor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Willenhall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night as arrived on a late flight into LAX. Very easy to find from the hore car locations and also has a courtesy bus if you dont drive. I recieved a very friendly welcome from the desk. The room was large and comfotable if not a little dated and in need of a freshen up. No mini bar and I really needed a drink. Bed was comfy and the sheets very clean.
You get a free breakfast and this was quite good. The choice wasnt as large as some hotels i have stayed at in the US but provision of hot sausage and eggs was most welcome.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have never written a review that includes the subject line Marijuana...but if you stay here you should be aware of what we experienced.

The reality of our stay was that the hotel while we were there reeked of marijuana. We were on the 3rd floor. Getting on the elevator one man and woman we followed in filled the elevator with eye watering vapors as it wafted off their clothing. We watched them go into a room, and we continued to our room where there were more people obviously smoking in their rooms. My daughter and I have asthma, and this was a concern for me especially when management was spaying room freshener in the hall way which is very toxic to asthma sufferers. We stayed in our room, as our tour ended late around 6:30 and we had to wait for another family member who was flying in very late.... we were trapped into keeping the room. We were going to make another reservation for our return, but after experiencing this we changed our mind and stayed at another hotel when we returned to fly out of LAX.

I know that medical marijuana is legal in California, but there are people like myself who suffer from breathing problems, and I would not recommend a hotel that allows people to smoke in their rooms. If you are breathing this in and have a job where they do drug testing you may want to consider this as well.

We chose this hotel because we needed a specific bed set up . This hotel did well with that request, and I can't complain. The beds were comfortable, the room spacious and not cramped.

The hotel arranged a tour with pic up from the lobby, and we enjoyed ourselves. The Front staff were some on the best I have encountered, and were more than helpful with directions, sight seeing, and more.

LAX is close, and there are restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

myself and my husband stayed here for one night while travelling through LA. my god ive never stayed in such a bad hotel and ive travelled the world as a student in some weird places. first off the desk staff were really nice. however their bus never picked us up from LAX after 1 hour we had to get a taxi there. as there were only smoking rooms left we were fine with this. my god the room reeked of cigars and cigarettes even with windows opened. the sofa in the room was stained and smelled as if somebody was killed on it. we never felt so afraid in that room in our entire lives. my husband went to the 7 eleven to pick up snacks and he was straight back s the area is so so unsafe. Couldn't wait to get out of the room next morning as we couldn't breath with the cigarette smell. the breakfast was free however I had to walk back out as the smell made me want to vomit. overall nothing good at all to stay except STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Needed to stay a night before my flight back home. This hotel was a bit more expensive than EconoLodge or TraveLodge or something of that kind, but for the price, I think I got a good value. The facility is located on a main road, close to the airport, feels secure, plentiful parking. The room was clean and recently-renovated, and very large for a Comfort Inn (King Bed). The breakfast was very good with a quality selection of hot items, yogurts, cereals, waffles, etc. There's also a swimming pool. Good hotel overall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Antigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was my first time in Los Angeles, and I wanted a hotel near the airport, free shuttle, free WIFI and nearby to dining. This property has that and is one block from the bus stop in either direction. There was a free hot breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausages,cereal, pastries, fruit and the other items found in a continental option. This I found was the exceptional factor at this property. The front desk agent was helpful and assisted with booking the Hollywood Tour with VIP Tours, they pick you up and take you back. The rooms had a dividing wall which separated the bedroom from the living area and had two flat screen TV. There was a fridge and microwave. The room attendants were attentive and had my room fresh every day. There is a mart of sorts right downstairs, Panda Express, Pizza, Chicken Grill (real nice), a 7-11 type grocery store and a nice nail shop, (they do eyebrows and waxing also). The only draw back was the constant smell of food that came up through the ventillation (this was on account of the room location). This was live-able, especially since the room was near the elevators, accessed by an outside corridor and it was a cold December. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the main building, its closer to the front desk and elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites LAX Airport? Share your experiences!